GUILTY TX - Kilgore, 'Lavender Doe' WhtFem 483UFTX, 17-25, in woods, burned, Oct'06 - Dana Dodd

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On Jessie Foster's page on the National Center of Missing Adults (NCMA)website and it lists among the indentifying characteristics that Jessie Foster had caps on her teeth so this most likely rules her out as being Princess Lavender.

Here is her NCMA page: http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200705092S

Thank you RKnowley:). I think we can be sure that Jessie is not our Princess Lavender. Princess Lavender had perfect, straight, natural teeth with no cavities. Thank you for looking that up!

Lion

Yes, I have and it can be found at this link http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50694 I haven't heard anyone from NCMEC not as of yet. I keep my home and cell phone nearby me always just in case. I would do anything I possible can to help another family find their missing love one. I know their pain and all. If I can ease one suffering, I do feel better. Maybe one day the favor will be returned.

Hi Moonbug:). I am sorry that your sister is missing, and I read your thread earlier. I will post over there. Thank you for the link, and I am glad it was the one I thought it was.

Lion

Hi sloane:). As you know I always have Princess Lavender on my mind, and I will submit a possible match if ever I find one.

Do you know if it is possible to tell if a person's teeth are straight due to braces or naturally? It is unusual that she has perfect teeth. Too bad Greta or Nancy can't put that on their shows. It is so uncommon for someone to have no cavities and perfectly straight teeth in excellent condition--it would stand out!

Lion
So sorry it took me so long to get back to this post...
Well, the short answer is no, I don't personally know how to determine just by looking at the UID's teeth or their dental charts (CHARTS, not x-rays) how to determine if they had orthodontic care in their lifetime. BUT...often it is on the reports I rec'v. that a forensic odontologist has notated from THEIR exam. Usually that info. is paired w/ documentation, like, they can tell where teeth may have been pulled to allow more room for the teeth to spread out, or jaw re-alignment procedures have been completed over time to correct irregular bite patterns, etc. If one is looking at a lifetime of x-rays from a person who is missing that they are trying to compare, they can check for changes to the roots over the years.
As far as it being rare to have "perfect" straight, white teeth w/ no fillings and no orthodontic work...well, I happen to have been one of those persons until my mid-twenties! :p I don't know why...it certainly wasn't genetics! But I just didn't have any straightening needed, and didn't have a cavity until my twenties. I didn't really think of it as rare. Maybe it is...you know how it is if you live with somehting, it just seems normal for you!
Such seems to be the case with P. Lav. as well. They put her as closer to the lower end of the 17-22 age range, w/ great teeth.

On Jessie Foster's page on the National Center of Missing Adults (NCMA)website and it lists among the indentifying characteristics that Jessie Foster had caps on her teeth so this most likely rules her out as being Princess Lavender.

Here is her NCMA page: http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200705092S
Thank you RKnowley, for looking into this further!! That site has better pics of her teeth that are clearer, and it appears that Jessie's front teeth are not STRAIGHT across their bottoms (biting surfaces), like P. Lav's. are. And they seem bigger. Those two things, combined w/ the statement of Jessie having caps, make me agree that Jessie is probably not the match. But sometimes those sites are incorrect. I rmbr. reading through suzannec4444's posts about her missing sister, Tammy Leggert, and she said that different sites would post different things about the teeth that they never confirmed from family members. :confused: suzannec never knew why they did that. They also listed Tammy's teeth as perfect in one site, btw.

So sorry it took me so long to get back to this post...
Well, the short answer is no, I don't personally know how to determine just by looking at the UID's teeth or their dental charts (CHARTS, not x-rays) how to determine if they had orthodontic care in their lifetime. BUT...often it is on the reports I rec'v. that a forensic odontologist has notated from THEIR exam. Usually that info. is paired w/ documentation, like, they can tell where teeth may have been pulled to allow more room for the teeth to spread out, or jaw re-alignment procedures have been completed over time to correct irregular bite patterns, etc. If one is looking at a lifetime of x-rays from a person who is missing that they are trying to compare, they can check for changes to the roots over the years.
As far as it being rare to have "perfect" straight, white teeth w/ no fillings and no orthodontic work...well, I happen to have been one of those persons until my mid-twenties! :p I don't know why...it certainly wasn't genetics! But I just didn't have any straightening needed, and didn't have a cavity until my twenties. I didn't really think of it as rare. Maybe it is...you know how it is if you live with somehting, it just seems normal for you!
Such seems to be the case with P. Lav. as well. They put her as closer to the lower end of the 17-22 age range, w/ great teeth.

I had my first cavity a year ago, but my teeth are not straight. I know of only one person who has perfect, straight teeth with no cavities. There are a few here and there with straight teeth, and a few here or there with no cavities. But, straight teeth with no cavities in uncommon. I am glad you were one of those lucky ones, sloane. It couldn't have happened to a nicer person:blowkiss:. But, most of our UID" will have something, be it cavities, crowding, diastoma, capped teeth, missing teeth, chipped teeth, or something. I think it may be wise to look at the general description and go right to what it says about the teeth in the missing we try to match up. What do you think?

Lion

U061102A.jpg
NCMC1052249x1.jpg

cheyenneloveya.jpg

What do you guys think? The pic above that I compared to Princess Lavendar is a pic I found on Myspace. All I know is that her profile says she is 20 years old, a capricorn, and she hasn't logged in since 10/04/2006.

That looks very possible!

Rich and Famous...yours looks like a match too...except for the red hair. The face is very much like Princess Lavender's.

They do like quite similar, but Vanessa has an over bite, where Princess Lavendar had perfect, straight teeth with no cavities. I can find no info on Vanessa's teeth, but I can see the over bite in this picture.

Having perfect, straight teeth with no cavities is uncommon. Also, often we see, "dentals available" with no description. I don't understand why specific info cannot be put up in cases where they have it. And, in turn if the info was included on UID's LE and we could rule out many possible matches.

Lion

A member of her family says that Vanessa has perfect teeth and no cavities. She had braces at one time to straighten them. I can see a slight overbite on the UID also. jmo

ps: ot: hi lionrun, happy fourth!!!!!

A family member of Vanessa's is posting over at skm. I put those pics up side by side and hopefully he will be back over to post. I really think the side view is very similar in appearance. The position of the back tooth on top is very similar to Vanessa's from the left hand view.

A family member of Vanessa's is posting over at skm. I put those pics up side by side and hopefully he will be back over to post. I really think the side view is very similar in appearance. The position of the back tooth on top is very similar to Vanessa's from the left hand view.

thanks jaded. There has been NO official word that it is or isn't her and the family has not heard either.
There seems to be some confusion about the teeth. Vanessa had no cavities and straight teeth. Certain members of the family were under the impression that the uid had cavities and some baby teeth. I have no idea who told them that. Anyway, I will not give up until the cops make an official statement.

A member of her family says that Vanessa has perfect teeth and no cavities. She had braces at one time to straighten them. I can see a slight overbite on the UID also. jmo

ps: ot: hi lionrun, happy fourth!!!!!

Hey there rich:). Happy 4th to you, too, friend:blowkiss:. I am under the impression from post 133 that Vanessa and Princess Lavender's dental's have been sent to dental forensics to be sure, but that most likely the two are not a match. In any case, I wonder when the pic with Vanessa revealing a possible over bite was taken. Since what seems to be an overbite is not extreme, and her teeth look pretty straight, I think this may have been taken after her braces were removed.

Since her braces are not on, I imagine her braces were removed, and this was her final tooth placement. If so, she has an overbite, like you see, too. I am doubting this is a match because Princess Lavender had perfect, teeth with no cavities.

Can a family member, for example the mother call LE to confirm that Vanessa has been properly ruled out? Info has not yet been revealed to the public, but I hope we hear something soon.

On this note, it really bugs me when info is known about dentals(and other important info) and is not put up on either UID or missing sites. For example, in the case of Roxanne Paltauf, I know she had an upper front tooth implant. It is not on the sites, though. LE and/or we could have ruled her out as being Princess Lavender in 5 seconds had dental info been put on the site. Even typical dental records can help. If we know a missing/UID possible match where both had 3 cavities in specific teeth, and the facial structure and time line fit, we know we may be on to something. Instead we have to research, which takes time. I hope that eventually we see more detailed descriptions for all of the missing/UID's including dentals, descriptions, and circumstances of disappearances/recoveries.

Lion

Oh good, Jaded. I do hope the family member keeps posting.

Lion

Okay, maybe someone can help clear this up for me. This could be a zebra. The only way that I think that this could be a match despite the dentals probably not matching is if LE/forensics does not have Vanessa's records AFTER Vanessa's teeth were straightened. This is unlikely, though because I think the side view pic was most likely taken after her braces came off.

Lion

Hello all-
Some were asking about dentals being "symmetrical" on the left and right sides...it might have been at SKM, but I think whoever reads there, reads here as well. No, teeth are not always symmetrical from one side of the mouth to the other. Many times it appears that way, and if a person has sought dental and orthodontic care, as it sounds like Vanessa did, the goal of all the work may be to get a smile to appear that way. But, even though her teeth are straight and "pretty," P. Lavender's teeth are not identical from the left to the right sides, esp. the maxillary ones (top row). We need to keep in mind that the parts of dentals that are compared are not just what one sees from the front view - a person's smile. It is also the molars, roots, wisdom, and / or lack of all these things, and of course fillings, crowns, etc. We cannot see the backs and "insides" of these two young women's mouths! :) So there are other manners in which they may not match that we are not able to see or info. we are not privy to.

warmly,

I just wanted to post here that I contacted Jessica Foster's family to find out if Jessica did indeed have caps on her teeth as stated on the National Center For Missing Adults and they replied that "yes" Jessica did have caps on some of her teeth and they stated that they were going to add that information to Jessica's page at http://www.jessiefoster.ca/.

How about this one for a match........This one isn't exact but if you take into account the body being burned and the missing girl from Arkansas not smiling in the photo that is on the ncmec site it could be close. Arkansas is not terribly far from Texas and the dates are off some but you never can tell really.

NCMC1038520c1.jpg

U0611002.jpg

plavuy6.jpg

Hello all-
Some were asking about dentals being "symmetrical" on the left and right sides...it might have been at SKM, but I think whoever reads there, reads here as well. No, teeth are not always symmetrical from one side of the mouth to the other. Many times it appears that way, and if a person has sought dental and orthodontic care, as it sounds like Vanessa did, the goal of all the work may be to get a smile to appear that way. But, even though her teeth are straight and "pretty," P. Lavender's teeth are not identical from the left to the right sides, esp. the maxillary ones (top row). We need to keep in mind that the parts of dentals that are compared are not just what one sees from the front view - a person's smile. It is also the molars, roots, wisdom, and / or lack of all these things, and of course fillings, crowns, etc. We cannot see the backs and "insides" of these two young women's mouths! :) So there are other manners in which they may not match that we are not able to see or info. we are not privy to.

warmly,

Thank you for the additional info, dear sloane:blowkiss:

Lion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member