Found Deceased TX - King Jay Davila, 8 months, taken by a woman from the car, San Antonio, 4 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this baby is found.
Did anyone think it odd on the video that the woman walking across the street was going to the left and made an abrupt turn to the right at the end of the video, maybe like she saw her ride? I don't think she is from that neighborhood.

Reading through that article I found it interesting the mother was so focused on how great of a father the man was and how the police are not doing anything, or at least not what she thinks they should be doing, to find her baby. It could be editing, but there wasn't really a plea to bring her baby back, talk about how devastated she is, how she can't sleep, or a real show of concern for her child. Again, it might be the editing of the article, but it seemed really off to me.

Do we know if the father ran back in the store, panicking, asking for help or possibly screamed to anyone else pumping gas? How did other customers see him react to his car and child being stolen? Did he just stand outside calmly and wait for police to show up? Were there witnesses to any of this?

The mother also makes a statement that they are on the phone with each other 24/7, even while they are at work. If police really think this is a set up, I assume they are already putting in requests for cell phone records to trace the father's whereabouts.

Reading through that article I found it interesting the mother was so focused on how great of a father the man was and how the police are not doing anything, or at least not what she thinks they should be doing, to find her baby. It could be editing, but there wasn't really a plea to bring her baby back, talk about how devastated she is, how she can't sleep, or a real show of concern for her child. Again, it might be the editing of the article, but it seemed really off to me.

Do we know if the father ran back in the store, panicking, asking for help or possibly screamed to anyone else pumping gas? How did other customers see him react to his car and child being stolen? Did he just stand outside calmly and wait for police to show up? Were there witnesses to any of this?

The mother also makes a statement that they are on the phone with each other 24/7, even while they are at work. If police really think this is a set up, I assume they are already putting in requests for cell phone records to trace the father's whereabouts.
Where is the video of the dad running back outside?

The mother says he called her and she told him to hang up and call the cops. It sounds like he called the Mother so report to her first. This looks very suspicious.

How much does this baby weigh? In the video she is carrying the carseat with just her left arm. She doesn't look very big, wondering if the weight of an 8 month old would require 2 hands to carry it that high up. She isn't carrying the carseat by the handle I don't think.

Also, if this was a car jacking, why abandon the car?

The mother says he called her and she told him to hang up and call the cops. It sounds like he called the Mother so report to her first. This looks very suspicious.

How much does this baby weigh? In the video she is carrying the carseat with just her left arm. She doesn't look very big, wondering if the weight of an 8 month old would require 2 hands to carry it that high up. She isn't carrying the carseat by the handle I don't think.

I don't know how much King actually weighs but the average weight of an 8 month old boy is 19 pounds (8-Month-Old Baby.)

In the video of the alleged abductor carrying the car seat...well she makes carrying 19 pounds on one arm look easy....just saying.....

Exactly my thoughts too. The way she is walking with such ease & no sign that she is struggling with the weight concerns me the most. Any parent knows how heavy these carseats/carriers are & can be walking short distances (car to house). If I had to walk & carry a carseat with baby in it for a longer distance, I would walking crooked & possibly stop a few times. I do not see that here. I see a woman walking without any effort or difficulty.

The ease in which she’s carrying the seat, aside from possible lack of weight, seems TO ME it’s not her first time walking around with a car seat. It makes me think she’s either a mom herself or someone who’s helped take care of babies (of friends, family, or otherwise).

It sounds like he called the Mother so report to her first. This looks very suspicious.

It seems to me that they were talking on the phone already when he suddenly saw that the car was gone.

"Gonzales said she was on the phone with Davila moments before everything happened.

snip

She said Davila stopped by the gas station to get some cigarettes.

“He asked if I wanted a scratch off and he went inside,” Gonzales said. “Yeah he made a mistake. He made a mistake by leaving the baby inside the car. We admit that that was wrong.”

Gonzales said she all of a sudden heard panic in Davila’s voice.

“He was, like, ‘*advertiser censored** the car is gone!’ He freaked out and I was like ‘OK, hang up and call the cops!’ He did just that. He hung up on me and at that time I called the cops, too," Gonzales said. "

Father of kidnapped 8-month-old speaks from jail, disputes police accusations

Last edited:
Baby boy still missing after convenience store abduction caught on tape; cops arrest father

An 8-month-old boy in Texas was still missing as of the latest reports available following an apparent kidnapping last week at a San Antonio convenience store.

According to San Antonio Express News, King Jay Davila’s father has since been arrested and accused of involvement in the abduction on Friday night.

[...]

“We continue to hope that the father will start to be cooperative and the family members will help us in this,” the chief said. “But right now, they’re uncooperative, much to our dismay.”

[...]

upload_2019-1-6_22-21-8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members