TX TX - Krislyn Gibson, 35, & Sidney Taylor, 35, Austin, 2 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://missingpersonsofamerica.com/2016/04/06/couple-travel-to-austin-and-go-missing/

UPDATE 6/3/16 – The police have arrested Harvey “Hootie” Cyphers, 50, after detectives have determined that Cypers was not telling the truth reports KXAN. Cyphers, who has been convicted of a felon told police he had guns and was arrested and may be charged. The police then went to Cypers home at 6808 Montana Street and found evidence that “an act of violence had occurred…and that the crime scene had been cleaned up.” During their investigation they found that Cyphers, Gibson and Taylor were all at Cypher’s home in the early morning hours of April 2. They also have found out that Cypers, Taylor and Gibson’s phones traveled together to Houston. Then Cypers’ phone traveled from Houston to Austin following a Megabus route.

https://missingpersonsofamerica.com/2016/04/06/couple-travel-to-austin-and-go-missing/

UPDATE 6/3/16 – The police have arrested Harvey “Hootie” Cyphers, 50, after detectives have determined that Cypers was not telling the truth reports KXAN. Cyphers, who has been convicted of a felon told police he had guns and was arrested and may be charged. The police then went to Cypers home at 6808 Montana Street and found evidence that “an act of violence had occurred…and that the crime scene had been cleaned up.” During their investigation they found that Cyphers, Gibson and Taylor were all at Cypher’s home in the early morning hours of April 2. They also have found out that Cypers, Taylor and Gibson’s phones traveled together to Houston. Then Cypers’ phone traveled from Houston to Austin following a Megabus route.

Didn't think this was going to end well. This is awful.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/missing-houston-couple-being-investigated-as-crime/230296137

Austin Police Detective Jay Swann said Sidney Taylor, 35, and Krislyn Gibson, 35, arrived at a friend’s house in Austin on April 1 to attend a concert. They then contacted Harvey Cyphers, 50, who Taylor had allegedly known for several years.
Detective Swann said the trio went to a strip club called “The Landing Strip” and stayed until 2 a.m. when they were seen on surveillance video leaving the club. Police said the friend they were staying with called to check on them at 3 a.m. and Taylor told the friend they were with Cyphers.

Swann said Cyphers voluntarily spoke to Austin Police detectives and provided a timeline of events from the night Taylor and Gibson were last seen. Austin Police said its investigation revealed that Cyphers was “untruthful” about his whereabouts in relation to the crime.
Detective Swann said cell phone records showed Cyphers’ phone went to Houston on April 2nd and placed him in the vicinity of where the Dodge Charger was recovered. The cell phone records also allegedly showed Cyphers called Megabus and then traveled back on the route Megabus uses for its Houston to Austin route.
APD said multiple department have helped serve 11 search warrants in the case and that all physical evidence is being processed by the DPS crime lab. Swann said detectives believe foul play was involved and believes the couple’s disappearance is criminal in nature.

2 months later... and searches were all in Houston when they should have been in Austin.

If all three cell phones were traced going back to Houston, he mustve brought them back to Houston and then dumped them (the victims, not the cell phones) there. He wouldn't have just driven their car and cell phones to Houston. So although the perp was in Austin, I would guess they (the victims) would still be found in the Houston area.

moo

They could be in Austin, Houston or anywhere in between. I wonder if hes waiting for a plea to give up the bodies?

If the found blood in the car I wonder where at and how much? Can't see him carrying 2 bodies all the way back to Houston.He would want to drop them at the first safe place he could.The phones could have been left in the car.
Couldn't imagine what goes through people's heads just to kill someone!

I wish I had a dollar for every time I saw that posted here. I always call BS on that, because more often than not, the cases that say that are rarely solved. I keep seeing that on the Missy Bevers thread as well. "They know who did it! They just can't arrest yet!"

Right..

I guess not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chefk