Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has anyone re-read the note her family posted to Leanne a few weeks ago?

Re-reading it now makes me think they knew more about her state of mind than I had guessed. It just reads different to me now, which is to be expected but it's interesting. idk...

If you want to read it, scroll down to the very bottom of this page:
http://findleannebearden.com

From the note:

They also examined Leanne’s computer and telephone, including emails, text messages, and phone records and contacts. The pressure of transitioning from her two year trip back into what we consider “normal” life seems to have left her very anxious and stressed. As a result of this investigation there is evidence that Leanne may have voluntarily left the area, and we understand this is a strong possibility.

This makes me wonder if between her most recent conversations with those closest to her, and perhaps from things they've pulled from the computer, there may have been a theme of "I can't do this. I don't want to be here. I think I have to go."

If that's the case, and if she's never attempted suicide before, friends and loved ones would likely read those types of phrases as "I can't do this back to normal, live in the boring USA, 9-5 rat race bit. I'm gonna take off."

Hypothetically, she could have been speaking (or texting/emailing/journaling) in those tones and meant it in a very macro way. I can't do this. (Live. It hurts.) I don't want to be here (Alive. On Earth. It hurts.) I have to go. (I have to stop being alive. Stop being in pain.)

RIP Leanne. I hope those who love her can one day find some sort of peace as well. :(

Questions :

1. Has LE or the Medical Examiner released a statement regarding the Cause of Death - AND - the Manner of Death ?

2. If so, does anyone have a link ?

Thanks so much !

:rose: RIP Leanne :rose:

I agree with your analysis. Thanks for pointing out the fence on the vacant lot. I will look for it.

The only thing that I have seen in MSM is that she was reported to be found hanging in a tree, but that has not been stated by LE. So suicide is still speculation IMO. There is no way to determine suicide without a careful autopsy, and maybe not even then. According to my googling, if it is staged, there would probably be evidence of that.

RBBM.

ITA. I'm afraid I am over-analyzing, but I have felt since the beginning of this case that :

1. LE had a pretty good idea as to why Leanne was missing.
2. Despite 1., LE has shared very little information w/ the public, officially or otherwise, to the point where I was starting to think that perhaps there had been an unofficial "gag -order" of sort issued by the LE (i.e., LE requesting that MSM not report anything re: the case even if they were to uncover something) in order to protect the integrity of the investigation. For example, in the Teleka Patrick case, when the PPO that had been issued against her was first discovered by a local TV news reporter, he said during the newscast that he had gotten the lead investigating agency's (the local sheriff's office in this case) OK to make this information public. Is this something that is commonly done?

Of course, it is entirely possible that LE has been wrong the whole time, & that they were completely blind-sided by what transpired yesterday. I can see both suicide & homicide as legitimate possibilities. My only hope is that both the investigation & autopsy will be conducted in a thorough, professional manner.

My hats are off to the SAR folks.

In one case (I need to find it for you... will take a moment) the sar walked right under the tree where a missing person was found later... and they commented that you need to "look up" etc.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Police-to-hold-press-conference-for-missing-woman-245432171.html

Yes - we are all human and mistakes were made. They admit they made a conscious decision to deploy resources in other areas based on the report that family had searched the immediate area. It is obvious from hindsight that was a bad decision. I am not disparaging SAR at all - but still feel this particular decision (to rely on previous family searches) was not a good decision. imho

there was a reverse 911 call
this was private property she was found on....

I cannot tell you how many cases I have seen here in which a SAR search does not find a missing person but a hunter or private citizen does. My hats are off to the SAR folks.

In one case (I need to find it for you... will take a moment) the sar walked right under the tree where a missing person was found later... and they commented that you need to "look up" etc.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Police-to-hold-press-conference-for-missing-woman-245432171.html

This may not be pleasant to read for some. sorry in advance.

bbm, This is what I was thinking. Heraing that she used a jump rope alot and took it on the trip, iirc., According to the chart from the link (below) she would have had a 7'10"-8' jump rope. If she had one that was suited to her size. iirc she was 5'0-5'2 (?). I was thinking about her maybe having to climb up in the tree in order to find a limb to tie the jump rope to and then have enough rope left to tie around her neck. She would have to have the clearance to hang, if you will. Seems she would have to have tied the rope at least 10 feet above the ground, minimum. If she was against the tree she would have been hard to see especially up above were most people don't look. jmo idk

http://rxjumpropes.com/sizing/

I'm so sad to read she was found dead, and in particular, in this way. How heartbreaking!

I have a friend whom several years back while having a family gathering walked into his garage, grabbed a pistol held it to his head and pulled the trigger, luckily the gun jammed. He was not sad, depressed he just felt he was done and wanted it over, he was 34 at the time. He did seek help as he didn't know why he had the urge and didn't want it to happen again.

I talked to him regarding this case he says normally it's unplanned and people just snap or more like a light goes off inside and it's done without much thought.

RIP Leanna Bearden.

It was said that she had sent something like 45 texts that day, I believe. If so, was that normal for her, since returning, I wonder.

The sad part, is like someone said, suicide is rarely understood. Her family knew she was having a hard time adjusting to regular life. In a video with the husband, he was pleading with her. He had a desperation in his voice, where he hoped the best, and vowed never to give up on her, and even asked the public to do the same. He probably knew she was depressed, and felt really guilty of leaving her alone. But on the same note, wanted to give her space to work it out.

I just saw...I can't believe she was less than a mile away. So sad.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

As I have done for the past few weeks, yesterday I visited the FB site several times. After dinner, I went in for an update and the words "remains", "devasted", "sorry for your loss" - jumped out at me. I froze not wanting to hear what I knew was coming. I knew something transpired that we were at the end of this search and not in a good way.

I immediately came here thinking a crime had been commited and wanted to know the details. Again, more shock awaited me as the latest posts contained the words "suicide" "hanging" "jump rump". I couldn't think of an appropropriate post for either site so I just followed the updates agreeing with many of you.

This was my first time joining the site and following a case. Leanne's case came to me by way of Facebook and searching for articles led me here. I don't know if I could do this again. While, I didn't feel an abduction took place and stood by that feeling when I joined - and did truly expect to celebrate her return as I had when another woman was found recently on via FB. I spent so many late nights pouring over posts and wracking my brain. Looking back, I feel like I went missing in my own life - half paying attention to things and tied to the iphone for updates throughout the day. I admire this group and wanted to say how much I respect what you do because it takes a strong person to go through these heartbreats. I know many of you follow several cases and I can't imagine the effort and emotions that go into that.

Again, I came here feeling Leanne was not abducted and had her own intentions for leaving. However, I never considered this outcome. She was too strong of a woman and seemed to have it all. So this ending does not make any sense to me at all. I cannot fathom that Leanne would make this the last stop on her journey and have more questions than ever now.

Did she struggle in the past and the trip was an escape that now returned her back to those issues? Any indication ever of this outcome? What was so bad about returning to Denver that would push her to this? Did she see no other way out? I don't see not wanting to settle down as a cause for this - I am sure her husband would have accomodated the life style she wanted. One friend even suggested they become missionaries so I feel she knew she was well supported by family and friends. Was the whole trip part of her plan to end things this way? I know people who suffer depression and while many times they seem happy - there are times when they let their guard down and indicate unhappiness. We who are not close to her just see the happy pictures which seem genuine but there must have been some expression of unhappiness and I believe that is what the family alluded to as "adjustment issues" ...but was this the only time? It just seems so odd to take extreme measures if this was a one-time feeling.

I think of all the posts that contained such loving words for her and wish she had a chance to see them. Now it's Valentine's day and so many hearts are broken over this.

I just can't believe this was ending she wanted.

I really, really hope the ME will look so carefully at her, past the suicide assumption (if what we've heard rumored is true) make sure there's no way this was set up to appear this way. If she did take her life, then in a way it might seem that she indeed left "voluntarily" - but the family seemed so sure that she wouldn't have left her life without a word, that even if they're wrong and she struggled with things they weren't aware of, they deserve to have that investigated incredibly carefully.

I'm also really unhappy with the Search and Rescue mention that (paraphrasing) 'the family told us they'd searched this area, so we didn't search it ourselves'.

RS - & RBBM.

"(((I)f we've heard rumored is true)": I'm so sorry, but I must have completely missed this. If you don't mind, I would appreciate if you could elaborate as to where &/or when the rumors were talked about, & credibility thereof?

ITA: Even if it is true that she had made attempts before, I, too, think that both suicide & homicide should be considered. Her family deserves this. What bothers me -of course, everybody is different, but ...- the most is the location where the body was found. As far as I know she had no connection whatsoever to this property.

I can only speak from my own experience, & as a previous poster said, it is entirely possible that Leanne did not suffer from depression, & that is the only way in which I can believe that the family did not see this coming. I do agree that once a person decides he/she will end his/her life, he/she may appear somewhat happy for a period of time, & even have enough energy to get in touch w/ friends, giving his/her possessions away, etc. However, when a person is truly depressed to the point he/she is considering suicide as a real option, there is no way a close friend or family member does not see any changes -however subtle they may be- in that person, IMO. I do think, however, that one factor that is unique to this case is that she had been away from her family & friends for almost 2 years, certainly making it much harder for someone to identify those types of changes in Leanne.

Yes, I think the comment made by SAR re: previous search efforts on the family's part was completely unnecessarily & inconsiderate. The last thing the family needs right now is to have someone place a blame on them, especially out in the public. If I were SAR, as you said, I would consider this as a significant lesson, include it in a post-search-report-type document (everything done internally) & move on. I understand that they have their credibility & reputation to protect, but to do so by putting a blame on someone other than itself & announcing it to the rest of the world -& the case is still very much active- is utterly unprofessional & simply heartless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy
Back