Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just checked and the open one is still up.

Mods, please delete if necessary. He did say that the autopsy revealed she died within 30 minutes of leaving the house.

This is rumor. JMO, IMHO, etc.

If you give me a link, I can tell if it's allowed or not. :tyou:

Honestly, I believe him. I just was a little surprised to come to WS and see that no one had mentioned any of the drama yesterday, so I wasn't sure it was open to discuss.

It seems that Josh and her family have accepted suicide as the manner of death. From what I saw on the justice page, she was very very sick, according to Josh.

I think the trip was an escape. And coming back was just too much for her to handle. I'm so sad about it. =(

Mods, please delete if necessary. He did say that the autopsy revealed she died within 30 minutes of leaving the house.

I was wondering how they could possibly tell, but I bet it was from stomach contents.

I am very glad they are now using the word depression. It is so important for people to understand what a terrible disease depression is. It does not define a person's quality, that is for sure, and Leanne seems to have been such a lovely person.

It was the stomach contents. Apparently they had soup for lunch.

I'm happy to see they are using the word depression as well. Unfortunately, we may never have answers. It looks like they want to honor her as the bright, lively person she was. Sometimes you just never know what demons a person is battling inside. She should not be defined by HOW she died, or WHY. Her legacy is far greater than that.

I was wondering how they could possibly tell, but I bet it was from stomach contents.

I am very glad they are now using the word depression. It is so important for people to understand what a terrible disease depression is. It does not define a person's quality, that is for sure, and Leanne seems to have been such a lovely person.

I saw the page when it was still an ugly nasty mess. I didn't want to even mention it here. I never revisited and wasn't aware that Josh had spoken up. Good for him! He is one fine person and I'm glad the admin of that page eventually realized that too.

The gist was that Leanne had been suicidal in the past, that part of it was revealing to me because nothing like that was mentioned while she was missing and may have been helpful to know.

So it wasn't a surprise for the family. Does that make it easier? I guess not, but maybe there weren't as blindsided as we had thought.

Wow so fast! I didn't expect that. So she probably went there straight from the house and all the sightings we discussed for so many pages were wrong.

I wonder why the family never said that she might be suicidal. Because of the stigma attached to it I guess?

All my best wishes to Josh and her family! She was a wonderful, beautiful person even with the demons that haunted her.

Mmh ... reading through the new comments on the memorial page I kind of have my doubts they will survive the transition. Still some nasty things being said.

Well maybe give it time ...

The gist was that Leanne had been suicidal in the past, that part of it was revealing to me because nothing like that was mentioned while she was missing and may have been helpful to know.

Perhaps the thinking was that if they publicly mentioned her past issues with depression and being suicidal, it could embarrass her and hurt her job search if she turned up OK. I'm not sure how it would have helped for the public to know all that. Locals were asked to search their property, but unfortunately, the homeowner who found her hadn't gotten that message. It's all so very sad, but it is what it is.

I really hope Leanne's case can be used to raise awareness and take the stigma off depression. It's a condition that has caused the deaths of many gifted people who were able to hide it from everyone. I am someone who has medicated depression in the past with trips and projects, so I really understand the scary plunge back into the dark hole when the "medication" runs out. I've never been suicidal, but I can see how it could happen without warning. Even though Leanne apparently had a history, known to her loved ones, I'm sure they were blind-sided and there isn't much they could have done. My heart goes out to them.

There was a FB page set up for justice, I think someone mentioned it upthread. It was heinous how people were questioning everything JB said and did, just really awful to read. In any event, yesterday they posted screenshots of a conversation with JB regarding their accusations. Not sure if I can post it on here or not (probably not) because it's already been removed, but the page is now a "memorial" page.

Well I got called a troll and booted when I said the accusations were despicable at best,that they did not know the full story and probably never would. It is a shame that Josh had his pain drug through the mud to appease horrible and perverse people that needed their blood lust satiated.....
My Daughter and Grandson flew out this morning for the service tomorrow..
Due to Josh's state of mind my SIL left earlier in the week......
Please keep everyone involved in your prayers.

I doubt they were won over by Josh's response. I would imagine someone reported the page to FB and they had to change it. I didn't see that page, but I expect Josh could have threatened to sue them or FB for slander if he'd been so inclined.

I reported it and FB didn't care,I think the potential for lawsuits for slander and using Leannes picture without copyright permission caused the matter between the ears to make way for the hearing canals.

Mmh ... reading through the new comments on the memorial page I kind of have my doubts they will survive the transition. Still some nasty things being said.

Well maybe give it time ...

BBM Completely disgusting. Poor Josh.

I saw that page a few days ago when I was trying to find the 5k website. I was horrified that perfect strangers were demanding answers from this family that is grieving. In fact, I felt like many of them were just being nosey and wanted to know the awful details ( you know, rubberneckers) while saying they were concerned for her and wanted justice. I can understand why Josh reached out to the person who started the page...he may have even threatened to sue them, I don't know. I think he did answer some questions that people had but I also feel that he shouldn't have been made to answer them this way, especially right now. It sounds like he's going to be creating a foundation for depression and suicicde, so I'm sure some of these details about Leanne's struggles would have been publicized in the future anyway. I just can't believe how nasty people can be!!

I struggle with depression and have for 15 years. I've been on a few different medications and I'm well right now, but I can say that depression is absolutely debilitating. In the last thread, another person with depression problems explained that planning projects, trips, etc and then carrying them out is something that sufferers do to keep going. It gives them something to focus on. I have to say that I do this, and IMO, Leanne probably did too. She ran multiple marathons and she travelled the world, for example. Both of those things require planning, dedication, training (in the case of marathons)....they require focus and give you something to look forward to. I think that Leanne came home and the anxiety of adjusting back to a regular life was just too much for her, especially given an apparent history of depression. If she was on medication, she might have just needed an adjustment and would have been able to work through it. We'll never know.

If anything positive comes out of the death of this beautiful, extraordinary woman, it would be to shine a spotlight on depression. She seemed like such a good person and I know the world is a little less beautiful without her in it. I hope her death can help to bring an end to the stigma that mental illness has in our society.

Wow so fast! I didn't expect that. So she probably went there straight from the house and all the sightings we discussed for so many pages were wrong.

I wonder why the family never said that she might be suicidal. Because of the stigma attached to it I guess?

All my best wishes to Josh and her family! She was a wonderful, beautiful person even with the demons that haunted her.[/QUOTE]

No, the sightings were not wrong. The police chief said a couple of neighbors saw her plus the TT. Its just that most posters wouldn't accept the sightings because it didn't fit their preconceived theories.

I reported it and FB didn't care,I think the potential for lawsuits for slander and using Leannes picture without copyright permission caused the matter between the ears to make way for the hearing canals.

One page on the internet for people discussing their feelings was too much? This case has been censored and controlled to a bizarre extreme. If people do not want to read it do not search it out. Did not agree with the posters but to search out and bully anyone having a different opinion is over the top censorship.

Yes, it went from being a justice page to a memorial page. It still has "justice" in its title though, because FB needs to be the one to change it I guess.

JB reached out, the admin posted screenshots of their convo. Or at least part of it. Some details were pretty revealing, but I don't think they can be discussed here because 1)they have since been deleted and 2) it's not MSM or anything official. Don't want to step on any toes.

The admin asked JB to become an admin as well, because he's starting a foundation for suicide awareness.

They have taken down almost all posts on the page. People are still asking questions and getting promptly deleted.

BBM

I really wish Josh wouldn't respond to questions and accusations anymore. He doesn't need to answer to a FB page about anything, and it ends up making suspicious people more suspicious. And now that the page has changed to a memorial, these people think they are being censored because he has something to hide. :banghead:

I can't imagine wanting to engage in conversation with anyone who is being vicious. Keep silent, take the high road and ignore them. They will go away when they find someone new to attack. JMO

One page on the internet for people discussing their feelings was too much? This case has been censored and controlled to a bizarre extreme. If people do not want to read it do not search it out. Did not agree with the posters but to search out and bully anyone having a different opinion is over the top censorship.

No calling someone a murderer and using someones likeness i.e. photograph you do not have copyright permission to use to promote your idea's is a crime.
And because I know the family and the facts they were in fact slandering Josh's name and harming his chances for future employment.
Because at the end of the day at some point he will need to move forward with his life and once again seek gainful employment.
The same people that accused the police of negligence and not knowing how to do their job are the same people that would dial 911 when someones breaking in and want those same incompetent officers to rush right over and risk their own life to protect them.

No calling someone a murderer and using someones likeness i.e. photograph you do not have copyright permission to use to promote your idea's is a crime.
And because I know the family and the facts they were in fact slandering Josh's name and harming his chances for future employment.
Because at the end of the day at some point he will need to move forward with his life and once again seek gainful employment.
The same people that accused the police of negligence and not knowing how to do their job are the same people that would dial 911 when someones breaking in and want those same incompetent officers to rush right over and risk their own life to protect them.

Don't find the husband to be guilty but this censorship has certainly made it harder to not think so. It is as if someone is trying to make the family appear suspect.

Don't find the husband to be guilty but this censorship has certainly made it harder to not think so. It is as if someone is trying to make the family appear suspect.

I'm not sure why you insist that any one is censoring anything,my and most peoples objection is at this time the police have ruled Leanne's death a suicide so until something changes when you go on record saying someone has gotten away with murder,or the husband killed her,I believe her husband killed her and made it look like a suicide and the police are not qualified to see the facts you are speculating and slandering a man that police have said committed no crimes.
And whether he believed she may have left the house to harm herself or not is irrelevant(until the day she was found Leanne Bearden was missing and the family needed help finding her)
feel as you must .........
Don

I totally disagree. . I would imagine most who were "censored" have nothing to do with the family. Don't even know them personally. People have a right to privacy. I thought Josh and who are involved in real life have been incredibly forthcoming and open. Let's face it.. this is a heartbreaking situation.. the family probably thought there was a slim chance she might still be alive and wandering. . But I have a feeling they knew deep down it would turn out in this sad way.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Sometimes in life, we must agree to disagree, and take our thoughts to where they are understood, whatever those thoughts may be. If the spirit moves you, follow it until you can satisfy that which is discomfiting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placeholder25
Back