Found Safe TX - Lili Griffith, 14, & Lulu Bandera-Magret, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can totally imagine her self medicating after all she had been through :(
Anyone else think this man's arrest may lead to solving some cold cases?
I feel like of all the things he did get caught and charged with , there must be many more that no one ever talked about or knew it was him.
The DA could have put him in prison for life on the child *advertiser censored* charge alone and why would you let anyone plead down from child sex crimes?
Shame on them!

He gives me all the (bad) feels, I definitely think more is to be revealed in regards to his criminal activities. And I can’t believe he was allowed to plead down on the CP stuff...just disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, thank you so much for posting this article. Very well researched with lots of relevant info, IMO, including:

“[...]

Terry Allen Miles has been a defendant in 20 criminal cases before the Calcasieu Parish District Attorney's Office — most of them for violent crimes — but only five of those cases ever led to a prosecution.

[...]

Miles pleaded guilty to domestic abuse battery in 2009, 2011 and 2015, to illegal possession of stolen things in 2015 and to simple battery in 2016, according to the Calcasieu Parish District Attorney's Office. But prosecutors have rejected to prosecute Miles for a number of violent crimes — like rape, attempted second-degree murder and more instances of battery — because they could no longer cooperate with the victim as a witness.

Prosecutors rejected five separate simple battery charges against Miles from 2015-16. Except for one case rejected because of ‘administrative reasons’ that were not immediately clear on Wednesday, all of the cases were rejected because the victim would not cooperate.

Prosecutors in 2014 rejected a disturbing the peace by fighting charge for the same reason, as well as domestic abuse battery charges in 2010, 2007 and a forcible rape charge in 2007.

In a dismissed 2011 attempted murder case, Miles' wife accused him of beating her with a bat and hanging her by the neck with a bed sheet, according to police documents submitted into the court record. Prosecutors dismissed the case a year later, noting the victim was ‘not available.’ An obituary shows the woman died a month before the dismissal.

[... and I wanted to bold the following two paragraphs, but couldn’t figure out how to via Tapatalk; this is particularly infuriating and absolutely unacceptable, IMO]

Prosecutors dismissed a child *advertiser censored* charge when Miles pleaded guilty to third-offense domestic abuse battery and illegal possession of stolen things in 2015. Miles remains on probation through 2020 on that conviction, according to the Louisiana Department of Corrections.

DOC spokesperson Ken Pastorick said Miles had been abiding by the terms of his probation until they learned he'd left the state without a travel permit.

[...]

‘He was meeting the conditions of his probation. We didn't have any issues with him," Pastorick said.’

[...]

Miles also remains a primary suspect in two open cases out of Sulphur, Calcasieu Parish Sheriff Tony Mancuso told KPLC.

Those cases include the July 2014 homicide of Pamela Parker and an August 2015 third-degree rape.

[...]”

Is the Calcasieu Parish District Attorney only interested in increasing his conviction rate, perhaps for political reasons?

“MEET THE D.A.
District Attorney John F. DeRosier

Mr. DeRosier took the oath of office for Calcasieu Parish District Attorney on December 20, 2005 and was re-elected to an additional six-year term in 2008 and in 2014. “
https://www.calcasieuda.com/meet-the-d-a/

I hope that the author of this article, Ms. Cook, continues to report on these cases. Job well done.

I think it’s very telling that most of the cases could not be prosecuted because victims would not cooperate (minus his poor ex who passed). This is a scary man who has scared his victims enough that they don’t even want to go after him, it seems.

Current mugshot if him here, and also from the article:

Police have previously said that Miles rented a room at Bates' home.

Round Rock police said they were called out to a home on the 2600 block of Leslie Court on December 30. Bates was found dead inside her home. Her boyfriend and a co-worker called police to check on her when they didn't hear from her.

http://cbsaustin.com/news/local/mug...lorado-with-missing-round-rock-girls-released

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

To say I am elated the two girls were found is an understatement. I was so happy, I did a happy dance, and no one was here with me, but our beautiful two doggies.

I feel for certain though the girls have gone through so much trauma during the time with this monster that it will take them years to overcome...if ever.

I am so glad they were found alive. I felt a miracle could happen if LE could surprise him right out of the blue when he had the girls with him. That seems to have happened. Good job, and bless the officers who stopped this very dangerous violent man.

I still believe if time had gone on with him not being caught and still having both girls he would have most likely murdered them both due to them being a liability for him. Thank God his arrogance got him caught. Now both of the girls are free and safe to tell LE what all this has done to their mom and to them as well.

I do not believe for one second he intended on never harming them. I also believe he sexually assaulted Lili but I pray little LuLu was spared. I wouldn't be surprise if he also sexually assaulted her as well. I cant get the haunting sad look she has in her eyes in her AA photo. It gave me a sickening feeling as if I was looking at a sexually abused child.

No one murders someone and kidnaps their little children with benign intentions. He was up to no good all along. Lili was his targeted prey all along. I think he had been grooming her for awhile.

At least this time this violent predator will be sent away to prison for good but I hate it had to take the murder of the girls' mom. and them being kidnapped by him to accomplish what should have been done years ago.

I pray they are both given therapy.

I remember how little Dylan and Shasta Greone were out there all alone with their own hellish monster for 7 weeks. Shasta said the torture/abuses/sodomy, and rapes got worse the longer he held them. At least this monster was caught much sooner.

I find Kerrie Lynn Filipski's death very suspicious and since it was ruled an overdose, she gets no page here or anywhere else and is now set to fall through the cracks. Again.
Kerrie was Terry Miles girlfriend once. In the span of less than a month, he hung her from pipes, beat her with a baseball bat, she filed charges, and was later discovered dead from an apparent overdose causing the charges against Miles to be dropped. Miles the master manipulator. Miles, the guy known to stage his crimes to look like suicides. Miles the woman hater. Miles, the guy who got away with one serious crime after another until he finally committed a crime he couldn't cover up. Oh, I'm sure he is twisting like a weasel right now in LE custody, he is the kind of guy who looks for an edge to take advantage of no matter how bad his situation.
So do I think he could have staged Kerrie Filipski's overdose? Absolutely.
Mostly my opinion. But once he is locked up, maybe LE wil take a closer look into the circumstances of Ms. Filipski's death.

obit: http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/di...ie-Filipski&lc=2595&pid=159722500&mid=5232006
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kerrie.fil...nLmJngue9DKGSUckE3NgeMjcWh_qIB1KxxACeRxSv0KGk
MSM: http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/search-continues-for-two-missing-girls-out-of-round-rock

Current mugshot if him here, and also from the article:

Police have previously said that Miles rented a room at Bates' home.

Round Rock police said they were called out to a home on the 2600 block of Leslie Court on December 30. Bates was found dead inside her home. Her boyfriend and a co-worker called police to check on her when they didn't hear from her.

http://cbsaustin.com/news/local/mug...lorado-with-missing-round-rock-girls-released

Something that has me curious, and maybe others might share this curiosity with me, but so far, every article that I have read, they never say that Tonya was murdered. They either say she was found dead, or that TM was a POI in the suspicious death of the girls' mother. What is up with that? Usually, if someone is murdered, reporters just come out and say so, especially after all this time. Maybe I am making a mountain over a mole hill here, but it just seems that the wording of the articles seem to imply that her death looked suspicious, but perhaps not a murder. Maybe he hung her, too? Poisoned her?

I don't know why no family made a plea for the girls. I am wondering if they have fathers and grandparents or aunts in their lives. We know one girl had visited her Dad at some point, at least according to reports that &@(#*$ met her then. However, we don't know if she had a close relationship with her father, or this was a fluke visit.

Whatever the case, I do hope the girls can stay together, and will receive all the help they need to overcome this tragedy. I wish them both healing, and the ability to cope with the demons that will arise from this tragedy, in a healthy manner. It has really bothered me that there wasn't a plea for them from a family member. I don't know the reason for that, but IMO, it would have helped the girls heal to know they were wanting them found safe.

Something that has me curious, and maybe others might share this curiosity with me, but so far, every article that I have read, they never say that Tonya was murdered. They either say she was found dead, or that TM was a POI in the suspicious death of the girls' mother. What is up with that? Usually, if someone is murdered, reporters just come out and say so, especially after all this time. Maybe I am making a mountain over a mole hill here, but it just seems that the wording of the articles seem to imply that her death looked suspicious, but perhaps not a murder. Maybe he hung her, too? Poisoned her?
But they also said it was the same MO as his - beating.

I find Kerrie Lynn Filipski's death very suspicious and since it was ruled an overdose, she gets no page here or anywhere else and is now set to fall through the cracks. Again.
Kerrie was Terry Miles girlfriend once. In the span of less than a month, he hung her from pipes, beat her with a baseball bat, she filed charges, and was later discovered dead from an apparent overdose causing the charges against Miles to be dropped. Miles the master manipulator. Miles, the guy known to stage his crimes to look like suicides. Miles the woman hater. Miles, the guy who got away with one serious crime after another until he finally committed a crime he couldn't cover up. Oh, I'm sure he is twisting like a weasel right now in LE custody, he is the kind of guy who looks for an edge to take advantage of no matter how bad his situation.
Mostly my opinion. But once he is locked up, maybe LE wil take a closer look into the circumstances of Ms. Filipski's death.

obit: http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/di...ie-Filipski&lc=2595&pid=159722500&mid=5232006
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kerrie.fil...nLmJngue9DKGSUckE3NgeMjcWh_qIB1KxxACeRxSv0KGk
MSM: http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/search-continues-for-two-missing-girls-out-of-round-rock

Ah, strange enough, my post above this one I questioned about Tonya's death being considered suspicious, but the articles never state murder. I just asked if it was possible that he hung her, too or perhaps poisoned her. This guy was really smooth and intelligent, unfortunately. Intelligent enough to stay out of prison while going from one victim to the next without a repercussion.

While I hope that the girls didn't witness their Mom's death, but if they did, it may be the one thing that keeps him behind bars for life- witnesses to their Mom's murder. Still, I'd rather that they didn't see or hear anything of their Mom's last moments.

I think that it’s just been psychological, until they had the girls they didn’t want to stress TM any more than absolutely necessary discussing it as murder (although I do remember reading a few articles that called it murder). They revealed that she was beaten to death just like Pamela, that it fit his MO.

Another article, where her aunt is interviewed, states that she died of a OD in 2012 and that is when the attempted murder charges were dismissed.

I think that the aunt insinuated he killed her and I believe that was the case where the grand jury would not indict him on a murder charge. I’m assuming since it was an OD, it was difficult to prove. I believe this was in a heavy.com article with a quote from the ex wife’s aunt but it’s been updated and the quote isn’t there anymore.

I also read that he staged an attempted suicide of an ex-girlfriend:
The chief of police in Sulphur tells KXAN his department also had a long history with Miles dating back to 2010. In the 2011 case, Chief Lewis Coats said Miles tried to strangle the person he was dating and even went so far as to stage her attempted suicide.

“He had controlled her mentally and abused her mentally and she had actually filed a false report at the time to say she was raped by a suspect,” explains Coats. “But once she got away from his control, she was able to tell the truth — that it wasn’t a rape but a domestic abuse and he tried to strangle her.”

The above quote is from: https://www.google.com/amp/kxan.com...an-accused-of-abducting-round-rock-girls/amp/

Me too, I hope LE re-investigates her death. Thankful this animal will never see the outside of a cell again in his life.

So glad they are found; and hope they can recover from whatever they experienced !! :(
Agreed with above posters that hopefully they saw/heard nothing of their mom's death.

I think that the aunt insinuated he killed her and I believe that was the case where the grand jury would not indict him on a murder charge. I’m assuming since it was an OD, it was difficult to prove. I believe this was in a heavy.com article with a quote from the ex wife’s aunt but it’s been updated and the quote isn’t there anymore

Here is a link to the article that I referenced. It is a local news station that apparently spoke with the aunt. I can absolutely see him staging her death. I feel for her family.

http://amp.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/search-continues-for-two-missing-girls-out-of-round-rock

Yes, perhaps Lili's father can find her a new boyfriend, and one for Lulu as well this time. It'll be precious.

I hope you know that I was referring to my hope that the girls could find a home together. Preferably whomever the guardians are, if they are from different sides of the family, they will work together to allow these beautiful girls to be together. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

Poor little darlings. They are safe but their mommy is gone forever. I got this on my fb and can't get it out of me head, so I will share:

A mother is is like a shooting star that passes once through your life. Love her while she shines for once her light goes out, she will never pass your way again.

waaahhh!

I dug up a 27 minute Fox Investigates video on the Parker woman's death. I believe it explains how they can still consider Miles as a prime suspect, as well as the woman they arrested for it who was eventually released.

There's a discussion on that death, and the video here.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13845610

I can almost hear his statement to LE.
It was self defense, the girls begged me to get them away from their awful mother. I told her we were leaving and she came at me, I had to defend myself.

I dug up a 27 minute Fox Investigates video on the Parker woman's death. I believe it explains how they can still consider Miles as a prime suspect, as well as the woman they arrested for it who was eventually released.

There's a discussion on that death, and the video here.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13845610

I just want to say thank you very much for all of your hard work researching and sharing your findings here. You are amazing, helpful, and a true God send for those of us that need help making heads or tails out of a case. I just wanted you to know how much you are appreciated and that your hard work doesn't go unnoticed.

I just want to say thank you very much for all of your hard work researching and sharing your findings here. You are amazing, helpful, and a true God send for those of us that need help making heads or tails out of a case. I just wanted you to know how much you are appreciated and that your hard work doesn't go unnoticed.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads