Found Safe TX - Lili Griffith, 14, & Lulu Bandera-Magret, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Now, he's just thankful his daughter is alive and said he is gearing up for she and her sister to come live with him in Louisiana.

"I don't want her to be discouraged in herself," he said. "Especially with her mom passing on like that. I don't want her thinking that it's her fault that happened ... I'm here for her anytime she wants and have a place for her to recuperate.""

http://www.khou.com/news/local/texa...afe-claims-suspect-was-stalking-her/505082822

From the above link:

Father of missing Round Rock girl found safe claims suspect was 'stalking' her
http://www.khou.com/news/local/texa...afe-claims-suspect-was-stalking-her/505082822

"Miles is now under arrest, and Griffith recalled when the man first met his daughter.

"He was not mentally right," Griffith said. "Something was not quite right, but I had no idea he had so much wrong."

Griffith said soon after they met, things worsened. He said Miles started pursuing his 14-year-old daughter in ways that crossed the line.

"I had to run him off," he said. "As soon as he met her, he couldn't leave her alone ... I realized he was acting just like a pedophile for my daughter so I ran him off."

Griffith was later shocked to learn that Miles had followed his daughter to Round Rock, where she was living with her mother.

"I just could not believe he was down there and I knew exactly why he was there," said Griffith.*"He was stalking [my daughter]."

Griffith said he tried to warn his daughter but that she was argumentative in return.

"She said I was treating Terry like (expletive), and that she really liked Terry and wasn't going to let me tell her who her friends were," Griffith said."

BBM 1: He tried to tell his daughter? His 14 year old daughter? Is that what he means? ... How about trying to tell her Mother?

BBM 2: Is he still talking about his 14 year old daughter here? If so, wth? Or am I really really misunderstanding?

"Now, he's just thankful his daughter is alive and said he is gearing up for she and her sister to come live with him in Louisiana.

"I don't want her to be discouraged in herself," he said. "Especially with her mom passing on like that. I don't want her thinking that it's her fault that happened ... I'm here for her anytime she wants and have a place for her to recuperate.""

BBM. I'm confused about this guy but happy to see that the girls will not be separated.

It's 2:50 pm in Denver.

(Oh how I'd love to go throw stones at him)

(Eta: but I won't)

(Wouldn't be able to even if I wanted to lol...I can just see it now, "Woman arrested for bringing stones into courthouse")

Father of Round Rock girl found in Colorado believes suspect was stalking her.

Griffith didn’t know how this kidnapping would end. He says Miles acted inappropriately with Lili when he used to live next door. He said one time Lili stayed the night in Miles’ trailer, but Miles said she just fell asleep. “He knew my daughter for one day or something like that and then they’re hugging,” explains Griffith.

He believes Miles was stalking his daughter, which is how he ended up living with her, her mother and half-sister at their Round Rock duplex.

http://kxan.com/2018/01/04/father-o...n-colorado-believes-suspect-was-stalking-her/
Say what?? Why would he let his daughter spend the night with a man? And he didn't do anything about the cuddling?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Say what?? Why would he let his daughter spend the night with a man? And he didn't do anything about the cuddling?

Wondering if he possibly works the night shift? Sounds like the girls were unattended quite a bit, which probably isn’t *terribly* uncommon when both parents are single.

Curious as to how he “ran him(Miles) off” though. Also wondering if he did tell TB when he found out and that’s what sparked all this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So much about the father confuses me. He says

“He said Miles lived near he and Lili in Sulphur, Louisiana at one point. When 44-year-old Miles first met Lili, Griffith said Miles became “infatuated” with 14-year-old Lili.”

http://cbsaustin.com/news/local/father-fears-person-of-interest-convinced-daughter-to-run-away-with-him

Best I can tell Lili never lived with him in LA. There was a short period in Aug where TB and the girls were in LA, but they didn’t appear to live there. It seemed like a visit. Before that he seemed to live in Seattle, which is where TB used to live. I would be floored if he was able to get custody of both girls. It seems like TB friend is indicating they will live with TB mom. She has started a fund raising page for her (the grandmother) to care for the girls. I just think it odd that we haven’t heard from either father until now. I don’t get the impression either were very involved with the girls.

(Guys, I just want to say, o/t,

I have a second family who are like best friends to me. There is a grow man in this circle, whom I adore.

However, he really takes a cloooose interest in the 12 year old, and she is so fond of him as well. She even spends the night there sometimes. The mom and grandma trust him completely.

Something rubs me wrong about it, but I wonder if I'm overreacting. That maybe they are just really close in an appropriate way, as an "uncle" and child can and should be. The mom and grandma are very smart. Maybe I'm just jaded from being a member here...I could never bring it up because wow the damage it would and could do if there's nothing inappropriate. So all I can do is maybe apply some child psychology via communication and subtle interview with her and keep my eyes and ears open...gah...I know you guys trust me and would encourage me to listen to my instincts, but in this case I just really do not know...I could be soo totally wrong. Trust me when I say it does not feel appropriate to mention it to the family. Thanks for listening - just needed to vent; my goal is not to derail this thread. I do feel, though, that if there's ever a supportive and right setting to bring it up, it is here at WS...)

That was my thought. So if TB had one and the girls had one, where did he sleep? Or did TB and the girls all share a room and TM have the other? The last option would be the adults in a room together and the kids in a room together. Either way, it seems like cramped quarters to then rent out one of the rooms. I could see it for a family of 4 but if he was truly just renting a room, it seems odd to me.
Fyi: Rents are crazy high around Austin. People keep moving here and they can't build housing fast enough. If you aren't making a good income, you are left with at least one roommate and a handful of compromises.

I have a second family who are like best friends to me. There is a grow man in this circle, whom I adore.

However, he really takes a cloooose interest in the 12 year old, and she is so fond of him as well. She even spends the night there sometimes. The mom and grandma trust him completely.

Something rubs me wrong about it, but I wonder if I'm overreacting. That maybe they are just really close in an appropriate way, as an "uncle" and child can and should be. The mom and grandma are very smart. Maybe I'm just jaded from being a member here...I could never bring it up because wow the damage it would and could do if there's nothing inappropriate. So all I can do is maybe apply some child psychology via communication and subtle interview with her and keep my eyes and ears open...gah...I know you guys trust me and would encourage me to listen to my instincts, but in this case I just really do not know...I could be soo totally wrong. Trust me when I say it does not feel appropriate to mention it.)

(That's not a good situation for you to have to be in, Margs. (Not because I necessarily feel he's doing anything inappropriate, just because I don't want you to have to be in an awkward situation). But yes, your tactical plan seems the best way to play this out. I can't tell you if you are just jaded (I think I am jaded too) but I'd say most of us here (and not here = not so jaded) would question that situation too. Even if just to themselves.)

Something rubs me wrong about it, but I wonder if I'm overreacting. That maybe they are just really close in an appropriate way, as an "uncle" and child can and should be. The mom and grandma are very smart. Maybe I'm just jaded from being a member here...I could never bring it up because wow the damage it would and could do if there's nothing inappropriate. So all I can do is maybe apply some child psychology via communication and subtle interview with her and keep my eyes and ears open...gah...I know you guys trust me and would encourage me to listen to my instincts, but in this case I just really do not know...I could be soo totally wrong. Trust me when I say it does not feel appropriate to mention it to the family. Thanks for listening - just needed to vent; my goal is not to derail this thread. I do feel, though, that if there's ever a supportive and right setting to bring it up, it is here at WS...)

Oh gosh! This is one of those situations. I personally feel to never allow a young child to ever spend the night alone with a male adult. So, my next questions is if there is anybody else in the home?
On the other hand, since this is family, so to speak, it could be a totally innocent loving relationship. The problem is, one doesn't know. I would listen to my gut.
Also, I think this man should consider that sometimes children or teens get mad at someone, look for attention, etc. and make false accusations of abuse from someone, so he needs to maybe protect himself also.
Everything could be totally innocent, but why take any chances, from either side.

Did a little digging on Williamson County CAD. Looks to me like these duplexes are all owned by the same company purchased in 2016 and presumably listed by the same property management company that leases them: http://www.rockspringsduplexes.com. It looks from the website these are 3 bedrooms.

That makes sense. It must go back farther than it looks. Thanks!!

I think my brain just blew.

I'm not taking up for anyone here, but we do tend to make some pretty quick judgments based only on snippets of information we get from the press, even though we know they reduce interviews to a few sentences all the time.

We don't know when this father found out TM was in TX.

We don't know when/if he told TB.

He may have thought he had dealt with it, run him off, only for TM to go to Texas months later. If the guy didn't leave for Texas right on her heels, why would the father suspect that's where he went? He could have only found out a week before this all went down. Tonya may have only found out about the situation in LA recently. And these revelations may be what triggered what happened.

Just because the press hasn't told us, doesn't mean he hasn't stated this information. I don't know if any of you have ever been interviewed by the press, but I have, and it's amazing how little they end up conveying about the actual interview. I've seen it happen again and again. In fact, they sometimes purposely trickle out information so they have more than one story to put out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm not taking up for anyone here, but we do tend to make some pretty quick judgments based only on snippets of information we get from the press, even though we know they reduce interviews to a few sentences all the time.

We don't know when this father found out TM was in TX.

We don't know when/if he told TB.

He may have thought he had dealt with it, run him off, only for TM to go to Texas months later. If the guy didn't leave for Texas right on her heels, why would the father suspect that's where he went? He could have only found out a week before this all went down. Tonya may have only found out about the situation in LA recently. And these revelations may be what triggered what happened.

Just because the press hasn't told us, doesn't mean he hasn't stated this information. I don't know if any of you have ever been interviewed by the press, but I have, and it's amazing how little they end up conveying about the actual interview. I've seen it happen again and again. In fact, they sometimes purposely trickle out information so they have more than one story to put out.

Did he ever talk to his daughter? You would think it had to come out in one convo.

Did he ever talk to his daughter? You would think it had to come out in one convo.

Really? When I was 14 I didn't tell my dad squat, even when we went out to dinner. I think she was smart enough not to mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member