Found Safe TX - Lili Griffith, 14, & Lulu Bandera-Magret, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone from the CO sheriff's dept was on hln earlier (sorry didn’t catch the name of the show), and he said the girls did not seem to know their mother had been killed. The officers didn’t ask, but the girls were mostly upset by being surrounded by the police officers. They didn’t seem to know what was going on or why they were being stopped.

Edited to correct typo and for clarity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That makes sense because the article posted above states

“A phone belonging to one of the girls was located at the store in the town of Trinidad.

Investigators say a text message had been sent earlier from one of the girls to Tonya Bates' phone and it apparently helped authorities track the three to Colorado.”

http://www.krdo.com/news/top-storie...p-to-terry-miles-arrest-in-colorado/681582775

Ugh!

“Surveillance footage from the store showed Miles entering the Walmart at 12:15 a.m. on December 30 and buying camping supplies including:

10-person tent
1 adult sleeping bag
1 children's sleeping
Various types of rope
2 tarps”

The fact that only one adult sleeping bag and only one child’s sleeping bag was purchased makes me sick.

That makes sense because the article posted above states

“A phone belonging to one of the girls was located at the store in the town of Trinidad.

Investigators say a text message had been sent earlier from one of the girls to Tonya Bates' phone and it apparently helped authorities track the three to Colorado.”
I wonder when that text was, and about its contents.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

http://www.krdo.com/news/top-storie...p-to-terry-miles-arrest-in-colorado/681582775

Ugh!

“Surveillance footage from the store showed Miles entering the Walmart at 12:15 a.m. on December 30 and buying camping supplies including:

10-person tent
1 adult sleeping bag
1 children's sleeping
Various types of rope
2 tarps”

The fact that only one adult sleeping bag and only one child’s sleeping bag was purchased makes me sick.
[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DEPLORABLE.

ETA: In many ways, the girls may have been spared a lot of anguish during their abduction if they were ignorant of their mother's murder -- but the level of TM's evil and manipulation...it knows no bounds.

Blaming mexicans for his own crimes, very deplorable

"Special Agent Sean Mullen wrote in the affidavit that Miles' mother had received a text message from him about 1 a.m. Saturday using one of the daughters' cellphones. According to the affidavit, the text read, "Mom I left with the kids and came home to something bad I think Tonyas boyfriend. I cant talk now tonya was involved in some bad stuff I will talk to you later when im safe these guys are crazy Mexicans."
Really?

"Bates had been beaten to death. *Allen has been named as a 'person of interest' in the murder." That clears up any doubt about how she died.

I'm so danged confused about her relationships. The last article I posted said her boyfriend was one of the two people who called to ask for a welfare check.

In addition to her reported boyfriend calling the police, in his text to his mom, he said “her boyfriend” - so I’m with you, I am incredibly confused right now. No one else seemed to know he was her bf - is there any possible way he is claiming that’s the case and investigators are buying it?? I’m truly puzzled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In addition to her reporter boyfriend calling the police, in his text to his mom, he said “her boyfriend” - so I’m with you, I am incredibly confused right now. No one else seemed to know he was her bf - is there any possible way he is claiming that’s the case and investigators are buying it?? I’m truly puzzled.

I think it's possible.

We should be careful not to make assumptions, I guess, about her relationships because we don't know where this information is coming from.

And we keep getting reports that LE said her boyfriend called to report. It's just really unclear.

I’m not surprised. A man like Miles doesn’t just throw up his hands and say “I’m guilty, I’m sorry”, he expects to skirt the law like every time before. This guy is a sociopath, get ready for TB to get dragged through the mud, by him. I’m rather grateful in many ways that it sounds as if the girls didn’t witness their mother’s death or even know about it....although I wonder what he told them as to why they were taking off...

Father of Round Rock girl found in Colorado believes suspect was stalking her.

Griffith didn’t know how this kidnapping would end. He says Miles acted inappropriately with Lili when he used to live next door. He said one time Lili stayed the night in Miles’ trailer, but Miles said she just fell asleep. “He knew my daughter for one day or something like that and then they’re hugging,” explains Griffith.

He believes Miles was stalking his daughter, which is how he ended up living with her, her mother and half-sister at their Round Rock duplex.

http://kxan.com/2018/01/04/father-o...n-colorado-believes-suspect-was-stalking-her/

I think it's possible.

We should be careful not to make assumptions, I guess, about her relationships because we don't know where this information is coming from.

And we keep getting reports that LE said her boyfriend called to report. It's just really unclear.

There seem to be conflicting reports. TB mom, according to police, referred to him as her roommate. It seems that she was no longer in contact with her long term boyfriend. Maybe he was still close to the girls and just referred to himself as that when he didn’t hear back from her. I am confused as to if TAM is saying the boyfriend is one of the ‘crazy Mexicans’ or if he is changing his story midtext.

A text message Griffith had may indicate one reason why Miles is only considered a person of interest at this time. Griffith says the message is from Miles to Miles’ mother, who is a friend of Griffith. “It was really odd, saying that he came home to a really bad situation,” said Griffith of the text message.

The message also implicates the boyfriend of Tonya Bates — the girl’s mother — but doesn’t identify that person. Federal authorities confirm Miles’ mother received a text from one of the girls’ phones Saturday, Dec. 30, but they have not confirmed it is the specific message Griffith has a photo of.

http://kxan.com/2018/01/04/father-o...n-colorado-believes-suspect-was-stalking-her/

Griffith didn’t know how this kidnapping would end. He says Miles acted inappropriately with Lili when he used to live next door. He said one time Lili stayed the night in Miles’ trailer, but Miles said she just fell asleep. “He knew my daughter for one day or something like that and then they’re hugging,” explains Griffith.

He believes Miles was stalking his daughter, which is how he ended up living with her, her mother and half-sister at their Round Rock duplex.

And what exactly did he do, to protect her?? Some father...”hey sweetie, you’re 13/14 but by all means spend the night in this guy’s trailer”. And not alert Mom to these concerns? Are you kidding me?? Makes my blood boil. BOIL.

I didn't know this but likely I missed it;

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, January 4, 2018
Round Rock Man Charged in Kidnapping of Two Sisters

On or about December 30, 2017, at approximately 1:00 a.m., Miles’ mother received a text message from a phone that belonged to one of the daughters. RRTPD officers obtained cell phone information on the children’s two phones. One of the phones was located in a heavily wooded area adjacent to a Wal-Mart store located in Round Rock, Texas. Surveillance from the Wal-Mart store showed what appeared to be Miles purchasing numerous camping-related items and then leaving the Wal-Mart in a vehicle appearing to match Bates’ vehicle.

A text message Griffith had may indicate one reason why Miles is only considered a person of interest at this time. Griffith says the message is from Miles to Miles’ mother, who is a friend of Griffith. “It was really odd, saying that he came home to a really bad situation,” said Griffith of the text message.

The message also implicates the boyfriend of Tonya Bates — the girl’s mother — but doesn’t identify that person. Federal authorities confirm Miles’ mother received a text from one of the girls’ phones Saturday, Dec. 30, but they have not confirmed it is the specific message Griffith has a photo of.

So did Miles mom show it to Griffith and he called the police as well? Why has he been silent (I hadn’t seen his name prior to this)? The text sent to Miles’ mom was from Lulu’s phone according to several articles. It was the phone they found tossed in Round Rock in the woods near the Walmart. A message was also sent to TB after that from Lili’s phone, which is how they traced them to CO.

It seems more and more details are coming out.

Oh, wow. He wants custody of both girls.

"Griffith says he hopes to get custody of Lili and Lulu, but authorities have not said where the girls will go. Child Protective Services says their agency will work to place them with family or family friends."

“And what exactly did he do, to protect her?? Some father...”hey sweetie, you’re 13/14 but by all means spend the night in this guy’s trailer”. And not alert Mom to these concerns? Are you kidding me?? Makes my blood boil. BOIL.”

Not just that but he is from Sulpher, LA!!!!! That is where the bulk of Miles’ charges are from. He would have to know that he had been in prison and had been arrested or suspected in the beatings. Did he not tell TB about that!?!?

WHERE are the advocates for these girls??? It seems like they were failed in so, so many ways. This is heartbreaking.

So did Miles mom show it to Griffith and he called the police as well? Why has he been silent (I hadn’t seen his name prior to this)? The text sent to Miles’ mom was from Lulu’s phone according to several articles. It was the phone they found tossed in Round Rock in the woods near the Walmart. A message was also sent to TB after that from Lili’s phone, which is how they traced them to CO.

It seems more and more details are coming out.
I'm guessing at this point that LE did not want him talking and affecting the mind of Miles. They wanted to control the message Miles received so he might not panic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member