TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are done for the day this early I have to assume that they are satisfied there is nothing there to find. This dive team sounds highly trained and very well equipped.

So this lead appears to have gone nowhere. Her poor parents. I am so glad they have such a supportive community around them. I can't even imagine how awful this must be to live.

If they are done for the day this early I have to assume that they are satisfied there is nothing there to find. This dive team sounds highly trained and very well equipped.

So this lead appears to have gone nowhere. Her poor parents. I am so glad they have such a supportive community around them. I can't even imagine how awful this must be to live.

Yes, this must be torture for the parents. :eek:

Early reports were that the mother is pregnant and was at the playground but went inside for a moment and when she returned her child was gone. Seems both parents initially believed Lina was with another Afghan family which proved not to be the case. There's also a language barrier by the parents when getting the information out. And missing since 12/20... :(:(

San Antonio Police tell us that today’s dive effort led to no “conclusive findings” in the search for Lina Sardar Khil.

16 days since she disappeared, but SAPD says they continue to chase down leads, re-interview people and spare no resource to find Lina. @KENS5

https://twitter.com/troykless/status/1478873814608056323?s=21

San Antonio Police tell us that today’s dive effort led to no “conclusive findings” in the search for Lina Sardar Khil.

16 days since she disappeared, but SAPD says they continue to chase down leads, re-interview people and spare no resource to find Lina. @KENS5

https://twitter.com/troykless/status/1478873814608056323?s=21
Well darn. :(

But one good thing is that people did report something they saw, which to me means the public is keeping a watchful eye on anything out of the ordinary.

Perhaps the next tip will be the one that brings Lina home.

The search wasn't wasted. LE has to thoroughly follow up and eliminate any leads that present a possibility of sloving the crime, because defense lawyers will jump on any excuse to claim someone other than their client hurt/killed/sold/ran off to Disneyland with little Lina.
MOO

The search wasn't wasted. LE has to thoroughly follow up and eliminate any leads that present a possibility of sloving the crime, because defense lawyers will jump on any excuse to claim someone other than their client hurt/killed/sold/ran off to Disneyland with little Lina.
MOO

Right. A search is never wasted; at the end of a unsuccessful one, you know one more place that Lina is not.

But the amount of effort and energy that they put into this location, on this tip, feels a little disheartening to me. It's appearing that although they've got tips coming in, they don't have a strong lead they're pursuing over the others.

Right. A search is never wasted; at the end of a unsuccessful one, you know one more place that Lina is not.

But the amount of effort and energy that they put into this location, on this tip, feels a little disheartening to me. It's appearing that although they've got tips coming in, they don't have a strong lead they're pursuing over the others.

Yeah I really thought this was it, seemed to be a strong lead. :(

LE is probably doing a lot behind the scenes while everyone else thinks they are busy looking elsewhere.
Hey, everyone, watch us search over here (while they are keeping an eye on someone over there).

MOO
I don't think the FBI would play that game in this particular instance.
This was a very expensive search.

I do believe they had credible evidence of "something"..
What it is, I have no idea, but it did not lead to Lina.

I don't think the FBI would play that game in this particular instance.
This was a very expensive search.

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear!

I agree with you that this was an essential search, I just think that it was a good opportunity to make progress with other aspects of the case while public attention is focused elsewhere.

I know it's been reported that there are language barriers with the parents and with Lina only age 3, do we know if she speaks English? I don't think I've seen this mentioned or discussed here or in the news media.

CBS Eyewitness News videos also at link

FBI dive team joins search for three-year-old girl who vanished from San Antonio playground

Jan 5, 2022

lina-sadar-khil-satxpolice-san-antonio-police.jpg

An FBI dive team has joined the search for a 3-year-old San Antonio girl reported missing two weeks ago, police said Tuesday.

Lina Sardar Khil was last seen in the playground of a northwest San Antonio apartment complex during the late afternoon of Dec. 20.

The family moved to the U.S. in 2019 from Afghanistan after fleeing from "threats that were posed to us," Lina's father, Riaz Sardar Khil, told CBS San Antonio affiliate KENS-TV.

[..]

The elite 12-member FBI Underwater Search and Evidence Response Team flew in from Washington, D.C., Monday night, Police Chief William McManus said.

[...]

The team was at a creek a little more than two miles from the family's apartment, KENS said, adding that Lina's father was seen praying near the site as the FBI team was searching.

The station asked him through an interpreter about his thoughts on the developments. He said he hadn't been aware that the FBI search was going on, and at one point thought his daughter was found dead.

[..]

Police say they're still officially treating Lina's disappearance as a missing-person case.

Meanwhile, total reward money for information leading to Lina's discovery stands at $150,000.

Lina was last seen wearing a red dress, black jacket and black shoes and had her brown hair in a ponytail, police said.

The child's family had reported that she was at the playground with her mother, who had walked away briefly and found the child missing upon her return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper