TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This does not mean Lina Khil has been found. If she were found it would be printed "Found" on the top timestamp of this graphic instead of "Discontinued." (thanks to a friend who pointed this out to me). DPS says SAPD requested the Amber Alert be discontinued.

https://twitter.com/mikeboard1200/status/1479547117236535303?s=21

Could it be canceled because this case never really met the criteria for an amber alert?

How to Issue an Amber Alert – Texas Center for the Missing

We really need a different alert that is for a missing child. Regardless if they have proof of abduction, info on suspect/vehicle…
JMO/MOO
For the most part, I think the AA system has been effective -- especially when a description of the suspect and the vehicle is available. There's also been much controversy in states where families have been denied an AA because their state requires that there must be a vehicle description -- no exception.

Texas criteria cites the following-- where vehicle is an "or":

5. Sufficient information is available to distribute to the public that could assist in locating the abducted child, suspect, or the vehicle used in the abduction.

Given Lina has been missing since 12/20/21 -- I wonder if authorities were receiving a lot of bogus sightings-- taking considerable resources away from the investigation?

Unfortunately, statistics for missing children after 24 hours are not good. :(

Recalling SW case cited the search for the red truck. Stopped following so not sure if the truck was ever located and cleared.
The "witness" of the red truck wasn't even sure what time or date they saw it. The amber alert was issued before this. Also, LE are still saying there is no evidence of an abduction.

Does an Amber Alert obligate local Law Enforcement to a level of attention that they feel, at this point, is not warranted and takes away from other pressing cases? Otherwise, not sure why I understand why it would be cancelled if they have no further information about what happened to Lina.

Does an Amber Alert obligate local Law Enforcement to a level of attention that they feel, at this point, is not warranted and takes away from other pressing cases? Otherwise, not sure why I understand why it would be cancelled if they have no further information about what happened to Lina.
When an AA is active, I understand that LE follows up on every lead. If the leads coming in are not credible -- this can only take away from this and other investigations.

I don't think LE believes Lina is out and about and publically visible today. They will still have her missing posters and billboards out. I also don't think FBI is going anywhere and will continue their efforts here as they are very committed to searching for the "tender years" missing.

If a child is missing and possibly kidnapped, but no interstate transportation is known, will the FBI begin an investigation? — FBI

I do think Lina was snatched.

I keep remembering a little girl in Austrailia who was found safe and, well, perp is a weirdo. But the little girl seems to be unharmed in the ways we don't want to think about.

Lina is a beautiful little girl. Sometimes these cases turn out okay.

I feel such sympathy for her parents. They must be so very scared. And you don't end up as a refugee if things are going well in your life.

I do think Lina was snatched.

I keep remembering a little girl in Austrailia who was found safe and, well, perp is a weirdo. But the little girl seems to be unharmed in the ways we don't want to think about.

Lina is a beautiful little girl. Sometimes these cases turn out okay.

I feel such sympathy for her parents. They must be so very scared. And you don't end up as a refugee if things are going well in your life.
Sadly, for every miracle recovery I can recall, I can think of countless cases that ended just as one would expect.

I just hope there are answers eventually, and this doesn't end up an enduring mystery.

AMBER Alert discontinued, but search goes on for 3-year-old Lina Sardar Khil | kens5.com

A bit of insight as to why the Amber Alert may have been canceled:

Mark Gillespie is a private investigator who specializes in missing persons cases. Gillespie, who led Austin Police's forensic investigations unit for six years, is not involved in the search for Lina Sardar Khil.

He says SAPD's decision to request an AMBER Alert with limited information indicates the agency's sense of urgency at the time of the girl's disappearance.

"Getting the public involved in these scenarios is extremely important," he said. "They're pretty much the eyes and the ears for law enforcement."

The public should not speculate why the department discontinued the AMBER Alert, he says, since the move doesn't necessarily indicate good or bad news.

"I think that law enforcement has enough information that they're working with to determine they don't need the public's help anymore in gathering information, or it's not as urgent as it was when it was issued," he said.

"Just because it's discontinued is not meant to mean that... they're pulling their resources back in, because I know they're not," he added. "This could be a very complex situation. It could be any number of different scenarios."

"I think that law enforcement has enough information that they're working with..."
Snipped for focused reply. Re: the bolded quote; yes, I believe they know what happened, and who is responsible. I think it is a matter now, of finding the evidence to confirm and convict.

ETA that it is time for change, and way overdue. Just like our highways have a "Diamond lane/fast lane" for qualified vehicles, we need a "Diamond lane" for anyone who criminally harms a child, elder, or differently abled person. Our vulnerable. We have hate crimes distinction, and we need a distinction for the most vulnerable with more severe penalties. Again, one of those penalties should be the "fast lane" to conviction. Put them right at the front of the overburdened court system line. And yes, bring back the ultimate penalty for those who harm our most vulnerable citizens.

Lina's law?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited:
Still not sure what to make of the AA being discontinued. My gut feeling is that they must have discovered something over the course of their investigation to know it's not needed.. just my thoughts.
Maybe there will be a break soon
BBM. Yes, I speculate there will be an arrest soon. We shall see.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members