TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One-time approval received for this specific podcast only.
This particular video has received pre-approval by @Sillybilly.

Baby pictures of Lina, cultural info etc.

Thank you for the link. I watched the podcast and learned a lot about the Muslim's here in the U.S. and Lina's family regarding that.
The guest Ezat is from the same Province as the Sarder's. He's met Mr. Sarder but is not friends and came on the podcast to explain questions about the difference in culture that are causing a lot of questions by Americans and others. This podcast answered those questions very well imo. My take from the podcast:

*Lina's family is in the U.S. on a S.I.V. (Special Immigrant Visa) because
Lina's father worked with the U.S. military during the war against the Taliban.

*Lina's Mother has not and likely will not be on camera. The reason explained by Ezat is the Muslim culture that the Sarder's are from doesn't allow the women to be in the public eye. (My words). Men are the leaders. Period. (Again my words)

*Question was asked if it could cause problems for the Sarder's family back in Afghanistan if Lina's Mom did go on camera pleading for Lina's return. Answer: Yes.
It's not acceptable for women to be on public camera (Sorry, my words again).

*Ezra cleared up why the age discrepancy of Lina. Afghans do not have birth dates that they recognize. (Ezat humorously stated that he doesn't even know his own birth date). Based on Mr. Sarder's facebook it appears that Lina was a baby in early 2018.

*When asked what he thought might have happened to Lina, Ezat brought up the delivery person snatching scenario.

*Someone in the chat asked if Ezat thought Lina's disappearance could be retribution for her father's work with the U.S. Military in Afghanistan against the Taliban. Sadly the host didn't ask the question so don't know what Ezat would have answered but it's a possibility that should be added to the list imo.

This is a long, slow, interview and I had trouble understanding Ezat's accent so didn't take exact quotes. Hence "my words". If any of you are stuck on Lina's age or Mom not appearing in public, I believe this interview will help you realize why. Very informative in that way to me.

I'm ever more anxious every time I click on Lina's thread - fearful they've found her :( ... fearful they have not.

Some cases break your heart into tiny pieces and this is one of them.

I still hope. I must.
I wish there was a little symbol, or a color change icon, or something, with threads like this that span weeks and months, if there was news. I open this thread whenever I see it's got new responses, but it would be good to have a notification on the thread if there was something actually noteworthy that was new.

I wish there was a little symbol, or a color change icon, or something, with threads like this that span weeks and months, if there was news. I open this thread whenever I see it's got new responses, but it would be good to have a notification on the thread if there was something actually noteworthy that was new.

Sometimes the title of the thread will change if there's a big update. Like "located deceased" or "murder charges filed" or something of that sort.

Reward now $75,000 for information about missing 3-year-old Lina Sardar Khil

Frank Trevino is a volunteer who has been looking for Lina every day. He watched the dive team from a distance.

I don't know if Frank Trevino is a licensed PI, because I think he's a volunteer. But still a great source of info. However, I think the only way to obtain inside info might be privately.

The missing resource: where families turn to when their loved ones go missing | kens5.com

Local man helps homeless woman reconnect with her family

One local man’s mission to help find missing people gets some high tech help

Last edited:
Lina, I am so sorry that this happened to you and your family at the hands of some horrible person. It is beyond heartbreaking. I check almost everyday to see if there is any news about you. I didn't forget about you. I will always keep checking to see if there is news and I hope that one day soon your parents get some resolution even though it will probably not be good news. This case is just so sad.

By the time the Taliban had regained control of their homeland last August, the Khil family was settled in San Antonio, in an apartment complex on the Northwest Side where many fellow Afghans, mostly from their home province of Khost, also lived. There, they found a tight-knit community who share a cultural and religious identity while enjoying many benefits of life in the U.S.

Above all, they felt safe.
Sitting in his apartment after another round of searching with volunteers, Khil spoke through an interpreter in Pashto, his native language, about Lina, the day she disappeared and her family’s life here and in Afghanistan.

“We came from a horrible place with the hope of a better life.”
Lina was running up and down some stairs with other children when she went past the pavilion and into the parking lot near a large tree. The apartment building blocked her mother’s line of sight, Mangal said, but she expected Lina to emerge from the other side as she had many times before. When Lina did not reappear, her mother went to find her.​
Surviving the atrocities of war just to disappear in the United States: Lina Sardar Khil still missing after three weeks

More information at the link. Two witnesses said they saw Lina near or around the park playing with the other children. Another person gave security camera video from a doorbell camera. No images of Lina were on it.

By the time the Taliban had regained control of their homeland last August, the Khil family was settled in San Antonio, in an apartment complex on the Northwest Side where many fellow Afghans, mostly from their home province of Khost, also lived. There, they found a tight-knit community who share a cultural and religious identity while enjoying many benefits of life in the U.S.

Above all, they felt safe.
Sitting in his apartment after another round of searching with volunteers, Khil spoke through an interpreter in Pashto, his native language, about Lina, the day she disappeared and her family’s life here and in Afghanistan.

“We came from a horrible place with the hope of a better life.”
Lina was running up and down some stairs with other children when she went past the pavilion and into the parking lot near a large tree. The apartment building blocked her mother’s line of sight, Mangal said, but she expected Lina to emerge from the other side as she had many times before. When Lina did not reappear, her mother went to find her.​
Surviving the atrocities of war just to disappear in the United States: Lina Sardar Khil still missing after three weeks

More information at the link. Two witnesses said they saw Lina near or around the park playing with the other children. Another person gave security camera video from a doorbell camera. No images of Lina were on it.

"Lina was running up and down some stairs with other children when she went past the pavilion and into the parking lot near a large tree. The apartment building blocked her mother’s line of sight, Mangal said, but she expected Lina to emerge from the other side as she had many times before. When Lina did not reappear, her mother went to find her."

A little tidbit of info that we did not know before.

Would the pavilion be that covered area?

They went past the pavilion and into the parking lot and that's where her Mom lost sight of her. It sounds like the other kids came back and Lina didn't. I'd guess she was likely grabbed in the parking lot. It would be highly unlikely for a child that age to willingly leave the other kids IMO.

ETA: or did just Lina go past the pavilion and into the parking lot?

IIRC they just said she was playing with the other kids.
Yes that's what I recall as well, not to mention that mom was there until she went into the apartment for a minute or more to use the bathroom, get a glass of water or something else.
JMO I feel like the story keeps getting changed a little bit and/or added to.
IMO MOO

Yes that's what I recall as well, not to mention that mom was there until she went into the apartment for a minute or more to use the bathroom, get a glass of water or something else.
JMO I feel like the story keeps getting changed a little bit and/or added to.
IMO MOO

I think it's just that more info is now coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper