TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More from the link. It's a fairly long article:
The playground is a small, square, fenced-in area next to a soccer court and an elevated pavilion with a wood canopy. Three side-by-side stainless-steel barbecue pits stand on an elevated concrete portion of the pavilion next to trees and a parking lot. Part of the black chain-link fence around the playground appears to have been forced down some time ago.
Lina’s mother thought her daughter might have slipped past her and gone back to their apartment, but Lina was not there either.

Khil said he returned home and searched Villas del Cabo and a neighboring apartment complex, which are separated by a wooden fence.​
Surviving the atrocities of war just to disappear in the United States: Lina Sardar Khil still missing after three weeks

The article also talks about Lina and her mother returning to Afghanistan to help a relative. Lina was knocked unconscious when a suicide bomber detonated nearby.

What a horrific history for this family. :(

They went past the pavilion and into the parking lot and that's where her Mom lost sight of her. It sounds like the other kids came back and Lina didn't. I'd guess she was likely grabbed in the parking lot. It would be highly unlikely for a child that age to willingly leave the other kids IMO.

ETA: or did just Lina go past the pavilion and into the parking lot?
I read it to mean that Lina's mum went into the parking lot where, at a certain point her view of Lina and the other children playing on the stairs was obscured by the apartment building. Lina would usually follow her mum, but on this occasion she didn't.

upload_2022-1-13_23-35-40.png

Last edited:
More from the link. It's a fairly long article:
The playground is a small, square, fenced-in area next to a soccer court and an elevated pavilion with a wood canopy. Three side-by-side stainless-steel barbecue pits stand on an elevated concrete portion of the pavilion next to trees and a parking lot. Part of the black chain-link fence around the playground appears to have been forced down some time ago.
Lina’s mother thought her daughter might have slipped past her and gone back to their apartment, but Lina was not there either.

Khil said he returned home and searched Villas del Cabo and a neighboring apartment complex, which are separated by a wooden fence.​
Surviving the atrocities of war just to disappear in the United States: Lina Sardar Khil still missing after three weeks

The article also talks about Lina and her mother returning to Afghanistan to help a relative. Lina was knocked unconscious when a suicide bomber detonated nearby.

What a horrific history for this family. :(
Sure was. The explanation has cleared up quite a few questions for me. Still keeping an open mind but really don't think they had anything to do with her disappearance.

"Lina was running up and down some stairs with other children when she went past the pavilion and into the parking lot near a large tree. The apartment building blocked her mother’s line of sight, Mangal said, but she expected Lina to emerge from the other side as she had many times before. When Lina did not reappear, her mother went to find her."

A little tidbit of info that we did not know before.

Would the pavilion be that covered area?

Yes, there are also steps going up and down the pavilion. I always figured the kids ran around that area. The little dog park was too small for anyone to actually play at.

"Lina was running up and down some stairs with other children when she went past the pavilion and into the parking lot near a large tree. The apartment building blocked her mother’s line of sight, Mangal said, but she expected Lina to emerge from the other side as she had many times before. When Lina did not reappear, her mother went to find her."

A little tidbit of info that we did not know before.

Would the pavilion be that covered area?
Yes, from the photos in the brochure posted earlier, the covered area with the grills is captioned "party pavilion."

At first glance, I too considered the "dog park" a playground given the fenced area, bench, red play-tunnel, and even proximity to the party pavilion with BBQ grills and sports court.

Well we now know that she did go to the parking lot and we know which one. I believe that's where she was abducted. MOO It seems to me that whomever did this might have knowledge that there were no cameras around. If not that would be pretty darn risky in broad daylight in a complex of that size.

So the other kids saw nothing?? I know they may be on the younger side but anything helps.

That's why I'm inclined to think this was a planned abduction rather than a random one. That and the fact that it was daylight in a large complex where there could have been many witnesses and cameras. Whomever did it, did it very fast and without being seen and without her screaming. MOO

5:40 p.m.? I thought she went missing earlier (between 4:49 and 5:07, those "18 minutes").

It definitely would have been getting darker at that time (5:40 p.m.)... so what time did she vanish?

<moo>

"A San Antonio police report released this week said Lina was playing near the playground with other children at about 5:40 p.m. when her mother “took her eyes off her for a short period of time and was unable to find her again.”

Last edited:
5:40 p.m.? I thought she went missing earlier (between 4:49 and 5:07, those "18 minutes").

It definitely would have been getting darker at that time (5:40 p.m.)... so what time did she vanish?

<moo>

"A San Antonio police report released this week said Lina was playing near the playground with other children at about 5:40 p.m. when her mother “took her eyes off her for a short period of time and was unable to find her again.”

I thought Lina's mom first called her husband he came home and they reported her missing at 5:40 pm, and not that she disappeared at 5:40 pm. I too thought she disappeared closer to 5 pm. I could also be wrong??

By the time the Taliban had regained control of their homeland last August, the Khil family was settled in San Antonio, in an apartment complex on the Northwest Side where many fellow Afghans, mostly from their home province of Khost, also lived. There, they found a tight-knit community who share a cultural and religious identity while enjoying many benefits of life in the U.S.

Above all, they felt safe.
Sitting in his apartment after another round of searching with volunteers, Khil spoke through an interpreter in Pashto, his native language, about Lina, the day she disappeared and her family’s life here and in Afghanistan.

“We came from a horrible place with the hope of a better life.”
Lina was running up and down some stairs with other children when she went past the pavilion and into the parking lot near a large tree. The apartment building blocked her mother’s line of sight, Mangal said, but she expected Lina to emerge from the other side as she had many times before. When Lina did not reappear, her mother went to find her.​

More information at the link. Two witnesses said they saw Lina near or around the park playing with the other children. Another person gave security camera video from a doorbell camera. No images of Lina were on it.
OH OH..:eek::eek::eek:...that^^ is the worst case scenario imo----she was in the parking lot when she vanished suddenly!

That leaves open the probability that a random predator grabbed her, tossed her in the car and sped off. He could be anywhere by now and may have no solid connection to the family or even to the apt complex. :(

ETA: or was it the mom that was in the parking lot? Confusion here....?

I thought Lina's mom first called her husband he came home and they reported her missing at 5:40 pm, and not that she disappeared at 5:40 pm. I too thought she disappeared closer to 5 pm. I could also be wrong??
She disappeared from CCTV between 4:49 and 5:07 pm per the FBI. This is an interview with the family.

They called 911 around 7:15 pm.

Khil said he returned home and searched Villas del Cabo and a neighboring apartment complex, which are separated by a wooden fence.

Initially, Khil thought perhaps someone from the Muslim community at Villas del Cabo had invited Lina into their home, a common occurrence. He and his wife hoped to hear from another family that Lina was with them.

“When nobody called and said, ‘I have Lina,’ then I thought that someone must have abducted or kidnapped her,” Khil said.

She disappeared from CCTV between 4:49 and 5:07 pm per the FBI. This is an interview with the family.

They called 911 around 7:15 pm.

Khil said he returned home and searched Villas del Cabo and a neighboring apartment complex, which are separated by a wooden fence.

Initially, Khil thought perhaps someone from the Muslim community at Villas del Cabo had invited Lina into their home, a common occurrence. He and his wife hoped to hear from another family that Lina was with them.

“When nobody called and said, ‘I have Lina,’ then I thought that someone must have abducted or kidnapped her,” Khil said.
Thanks for confirming @Friday Fan.

OH OH..:eek::eek::eek:...that^^ is the worst case scenario imo----she was in the parking lot when she vanished suddenly!

That leaves open the probability that a random predator grabbed her, tossed her in the car and sped off. He could be anywhere by now and may have no solid connection to the family or even to the apt complex. :(

ETA: or was it the mom that was in the parking lot? Confusion here....?
Mum was in the parking lot.

After catching up, I read it as Lina went to the parking lot, near a large tree, IIRC. Couple questions… Did anyone hear a car leaving around this time? Did anyone hear Lina scream or struggle? I’m guessing no to the latter. Really curious about car sounds. Is this complex on such a busy road people wouldn’t notice car sounds coming from inside the complex? JMO/MOO

I read it to mean that Lina's mum went into the parking lot where, at a certain point her view of Lina and the other children playing on the stairs was obscured by the apartment building. Lina would usually follow her mum, but on this occasion she didn't.

View attachment 329854
The play area is so much smaller than I thought. And it's surrounded by paths and corners in every direction. If a child walked a few steps away, she would be out of sight quickly. It now makes so much more sense to me how she could vanish in the blink of an eye.

This new information does not make me feel any better, however. If she routinely followed her mom everywhere and if she routinely followed other families who lived there, she might not have thought twice about going with someone who offered her something.

I've thought from the beginning that she was lured away by a pet or candy or by the promise of either. I still believe that to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper