TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if she had wandered off that 1st night, and froze, God Forbid, she would have been probably found already. So it leads me to believe someone has her, somewhere or already hid her...:(

I listened carefully to the news conference from Dec 28. The Police Chief is asked if they had suspects they've interviewed thus far. The Police Chief, painfully, admits they "are looking at some people."

When asked if he "suspects foul play at this point", he says "we do not have enough to lead us in that direction." The Chief emphasized the word enough.

@ 1:35

And if she had wandered off that 1st night, and froze, God Forbid, she would have been probably found already. So it leads me to believe someone has her, somewhere or already hid her...:(

I think if she would have wandered off, she would have been found within a few days.

Articles are from December 23rd:

San Antonio police chief says he's losing hope missing Afghan girl, 3, will be found alive | Daily Mail Online
The police chief revealed that in the first hours after Lina's disappearance, K-9 dogs picked up a scent but then lost it and have not been able to pick it up again.

Search widens for missing 3-year-old - San Antonio Express, 12/23/2021
K9 unit picks up scent near apartments but later loses it

Last edited:
The search for Lina Khil: What we know | kens5.com

The SAPD does not believe that Lina was abducted.
Police say when Lina’s mom left her daughter at the playground and came back, her daughter was gone.
According to the FBI, there is a gap between 4:49 and 5:07 pm where they did not have visibility of Lina.
They are also asking to hear from anyone who "had any contact with Lina or her family" at any point on Monday.

If LEO doesn't think this precious child was taken by someone then what do they suspect happened to her? If she heard people calling her name, would she hide thinking she may be in trouble? The 1st and 2nd night she was gone, the temps were 40 and 38 degrees respectively. Unfortunately, a person can freeze to death in 40 degree temps. And, knowing that just broke my heart.

San Antonio, TX Weather History | Weather Underground

The actual low that day was in the 50s and was warmer after that until this past weekend. She was not in danger of freezing until the temps dropped on January 1.

Searching the apartments may have had an extra challenge to the L.E. because of the language barrier.

I do hope that when they searched the apartments, they had someone with them who spoke Lina's language. Perhaps if Lina had been told to be quiet, then hearing someone with the L.E., who spoke her language, may have reassured her enough to say "I am here".

I was thinking about the case in Fort Worth where the police checked a hotel room for an abducted girl and didn't find her the first time. When they returned, they found her where she had been "hidden" in a laundry basket under clothes.

The reason I thought of the Fort Worth case is because, in the news article below, it is stated "Once they get him secure, they clear the room and locate the frightened little girl as she popped her head out of a clothes-filled laundry basket. She had been silenced by fear of the suspect."

If the abductor spoke Lina's language and silenced her by saying that if she heard voices or a search being made, to be quiet - or she would be in "big trouble".

Just a thought. (I realize that the L.E. in the Fort Worth case had received tips about the man in the apartment so he was highly suspicious to them- so there is that aspect to it.)

JMO

VIDEO: Police rescue kidnapped 8-year-old girl hidden in laundry basket

I am still in the abducted by random person/crime of opportunity camp. Have been since day one. I know many see red flags but most of those flags can be explained by language and cultural differences in my mind.

I hope little Lina is located safe, but after all this time it is less and less likely to happen. :(

I am still in the abducted by random person/crime of opportunity camp. Have been since day one. I know many see red flags but most of those flags can be explained by language and cultural differences in my mind.

I hope little Lina is located safe, but after all this time it is less and less likely to happen. :(
I've been there myself from the beginning, and I think the longer this goes on, the more likely that scenario is.

Although it's odd that this isn't being called an abduction, I just think they don't have evidence that proves that's what occurred.

In any event, they've handled this the same way they'd handle an abduction, so it doesn't really matter what they call it.

Putting what we've heard so far together - the mother saw her daughter run around the corner. The mother went into her apartment to either look for her daughter or to get water. When she returned to the playground 18 minutes later, her daughter was announced as missing.
Do we know the exact location of the apartment where Lina lived?

we get ice cream vendors at play areas year round our area is pretty temperate although we have our moments. texas is prob the same. also, the vendors who own ice cream trucks that is usually their income so they sell things like candy and chips when its cooler.
In our area, ice cream trucks are not permitted to drive into private apartment complexes, so the kids have to run out to the public road. It seems more dangerous, but maybe there are liability issues forbidding the trucks from entering private property. Jmo

If there is an 18 minute time span that Lina is not on the video, does that mean prior to that time of 4:49 she was on the video?

If so, who else is missing from the video in that 18 minute time span? If someone else is not there, did they ever reappear? If not, could that be significant?

No. That has not been released.

No further information about the video is available. They want tips/photos/videos between 4:49-5:07 pm

FBI seeks help in case of missing girl - San Antonio Express, 12/29/2021
I'm just wondering what "corner" they keep talking about. If she went around the corner to go to her apartment, then it sounds like she lived in the back area. I'd like to know what corner they're talking about...around what corner...corner of what? Maybe I missed it.

In our area, ice cream trucks are not permitted to drive into private apartment complexes, so the kids have to run out to the public road. It seems more dangerous, but maybe there are liability issues forbidding the trucks from entering private property. Jmo
idk, they do here at ones that arent gated. not sure if they are allowed to lol.

I am now leaning towards a stranger abduction in this case although less than 1% of child abductions are committed by strangers. Whether the victim is an adult or a child, these are by far the most difficult cases to solve, particularly if the perpetrator was able to make a “clean” grab; no witnesses, no video, no evidence left at the scene.
The difficulty lies in the fact that there are no ties between victim and perpetrator and that difficulty is compounded when the abduction is a crime of opportunity as opposed to preplanned or stalking of the victim. So, without any of the usual investigative leads listed above, where does LE start? By now they have eliminated most of the usual suspects; the RSO’s, the weird uncle/neighbor, the parents, the strange guy who has been hanging around. This is incredibly hard and frustrating for LE. From what I have seen thus far, SAPD together with the FBI and numerous other agencies have pulled out all stops to find this child.
When we hear the term “vanished into thin air”, this it how seems in these cases. Only 8.57% of children abducted by strangers will make it home.

23 Alarming Child Abduction Statistics 2021

I hope I am totally wrong here. I hope LE has a strong POI and great evidence. I hope they are closing in.

Read the Kayla Gomez case. I don't think she disappeared out of thin air. It makes zero sense. A stranger abduction in an apartment complex - near a playground, it's happened another time. Gary Dale Cox, in the same area, but when NOBODY else was around. The victim was older though at 9. I believe this child is closer to 6 and without knowing the layout it's hard to tell. The victim, taken in 2000 was stolen at gunpoint. This latest victim I'm assuming went with someone. A stranger abduction is very, very rare. Someone within the area would make more sense. They'd have to be in the exact place at the exact moment and know the area pretty well, and family dynamics. If she's been around other families - this sounds like someone has been around them they should be looking at. I have a strong gut feeling there's someone close to them involved.

As search for 3 year-old Lina Sardar Khil enters 3rd week, San Antonio police urge public for leads

So I just read this article, and this is the first time I have seen it said that the family initially thought she was with another community family? Did I miss something?
"
Lina's family moved to the U.S. in 2019, her father, Riaz Sardar Khil, told KENS5 through a translator.

Khil said at first they believed that their daughter could be with another Afghan family in the community but now they believe she may have been abducted."

I was offline all weekend but tried to catch up ....

As search for 3 year-old Lina Sardar Khil enters 3rd week, San Antonio police urge public for leads

So I just read this article, and this is the first time I have seen it said that the family initially thought she was with another community family? Did I miss something?
"
Lina's family moved to the U.S. in 2019, her father, Riaz Sardar Khil, told KENS5 through a translator.

Khil said at first they believed that their daughter could be with another Afghan family in the community but now they believe she may have been abducted."

This was brought up by her father previously and isn't new. Here is a quote from a Dec 28 article

The family moved to the U.S. in 2019 from Afghanistan after fleeing from “threats that were posed to us,” Lina’s father, Riaz Sardar Khil, told San Antonio TV station KENS.

The child’s father told the TV station that the family initially thought Lina may have left the playground with another Afghan family but now believes she may have been abducted.
Police: No new leads in case of Afghan refugee who vanished in San Antonio

That initial interview with KEN: WATCH: Father of missing 3-year-old Lina Khil speaks to KENS 5 | kens5.com on Dec 21st

"

No this was what I heard on December 21st from Lina's dad interview with KENS 5 at around 9 min 45 sec mark. I heard from some people who speak Pashto who said that the translation is not the best. (I did not ask them to elaborate)...

I think many of these languages don't translate all that easily, so it takes several translations to get the facts processed in our heads.

I watch alot of Hindi movies and it is not unusual to have several sets of subtitles for the same movie and they may say different things.

Last edited:
When Lina's dad told the TV station that they initially thought Lina left the playground with anohter Afghan family, I wonder if he meant just went over to another apartment to visit, continue playing with the kids, vs actually leaving the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safetycircle