TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say this... but is it just me, or is anyone else feeling like she isn't going to be found? :(

I feel this way as well, sadly. The longer this goes on without much to go on, the chances of recovering her are slim. Especially if she is deceased, adult remains are hard enough to find in secluded areas, let alone a little child. There's just so little to find. :(

However there's always a little bit of hope though, 10-yr old Lindsey Baum's remains were found many years after she disappeared in a super remote location hours from where she disappeared from by a Hunter.

This case breaks my heart in so many ways, her family coming to America for a better life and then this… It's unimaginable.

Nothing new, sadly. :(

MAR 4, 2022
Missing San Antonio girl highlighted on Investigation Discovery (mysanantonio.com)
When Lina Sadar Khil went missing in San Antonio in December 2021, the story of the 3-year-old girl's disappearance made national news. CBS News, ABC News and the Washington Post all reported on Lina's last known whereabouts on December 20. Popular gossip blogger Perez Hilton also added a write-up on his website.

Now, Investigation Discovery, an American multinational television network dedicated to true crime documentaries owned by Discovery, Inc., was the latest to highlight Lina's case on March 1. The network focused on how the reward for information leading to finding Lina has been increased to $250,000.

[...]

I hate to say this... but is it just me, or is anyone else feeling like she isn't going to be found? :(
Some abduction victims are found; others are not. Occasionally an abduction victim is found alive.

I'm not sure there's any way to predict whether a particular victim will be found. I suppose you could say that the amount of time that has already passed makes it less likely that she will be found, alive or otherwise.

I don't understand how they don't have any better leads or information for the public to help. Its a huge complex. SOMEONE has a doorbell cam. And the street has to have some cameras that would capture cars that passed, since they know a very close timeline. This feels surreal, the factors that all had to line up at one time for her to go missing without a trace!

I don't understand how they don't have any better leads or information for the public to help. Its a huge complex. SOMEONE has a doorbell cam. And the street has to have some cameras that would capture cars that passed, since they know a very close timeline. This feels surreal, the factors that all had to line up at one time for her to go missing without a trace!

The streets have no video cameras!
The only "cameras" are sensors for traffic lights. Businesses have inward facing cameras that protect their businesses, but don't record the streets

The apartments did not have cameras

Some apartment dwellings are not allowed to make exterior modifications and some are not allowed due to legal/privacy issues regarding audio and video transmissions of your neighbors front door or even their confines.
Also depends on whether any devices outside the apartment complex were working and actually recorded.
The complex isn’t gated from my recollection?
JMO

Modifications like installation of a doorbell camera aren’t allowed in many rentals due to the risk of damage to door frame. And if this complex was popular with recent refugees, tenants may not have the funds to spare anyway. (With most devices, storing footage is an extra expense, above the cost of the device and ability to see events in real time.)

There’s not much of an incentive for a landlord to provide a camera system due to cost of installation and maintenance. Prospective tenants certainly appreciate layers of security, but will they pay extra for it?

As for other cameras, they may be angled to record the storefront/sidewalk - not the street.

JMO.

Some apartment dwellings are not allowed to make exterior modifications and some are not allowed due to legal/privacy issues regarding audio and video transmissions of your neighbors front door or even their confines.
Also depends on whether any devices outside the apartment complex were working and actually recorded.
The complex isn’t gated from my recollection?
JMO
My video doorbell did not modify anything. It is not hard wired. I just have a hard time believing that in this day and age NO ONE has one.

As a matter of fact, this article mentions surveillance cameras, so I guess they have some:
Citing law enforcement sources, KXAN reports that police are now focusing on an 18-minute period on the evening of December 20, between 4:49 p.m. and 5:07 p.m. The report indicates that Lina is no longer visible on any surveillance camera or seen by witnesses beginning at 4:49 p.m.
Missing Lina Khil: Police Zero in on Critical 17 Minutes on Day 3-Year-Old Vanished – Crime Online

But it was the afternoon. I just feel like something is not quite adding up. I can't quite place it, but there seems like that time of day with the amount of people around with the amount of technology in 2022... something more should be known.

Modifications like installation of a doorbell camera aren’t allowed in many rentals due to the risk of damage to door frame. And if this complex was popular with recent refugees, tenants may not have the funds to spare anyway. (With most devices, storing footage is an extra expense, above the cost of the device and ability to see events in real time.)

There’s not much of an incentive for a landlord to provide a camera system due to cost of installation and maintenance. Prospective tenants certainly appreciate layers of security, but will they pay extra for it?

As for other cameras, they may be angled to record the storefront/sidewalk - not the street.

JMO.
Mine was probably less than $100 and does not have any monthly fees. Maybe New Orleans is different (although I do not think so at all), but they are common place here. Many people have door cameras.

Mine was probably less than $100 and does not have any monthly fees. Maybe New Orleans is different (although I do not think so at all), but they are common place here. Many people have door cameras.
That amount of money is still quite a bit to spare on a non-essential purchase if you are a refugee without much excess money. MOO

That amount of money is still quite a bit to spare on a non-essential purchase if you are a refugee without much excess money. MOO
Is this low income refugee housing? That's a real question, not a snarky one. If not one person in the whole area has a camera, then fine. I just think that would be an oddity, in 2022. I also don't want to assume that no one can afford a one time $100 item just because they live in an apartment complex where some cannot.

Is this low income refugee housing? That's a real question, not a snarky one. If not one person in the whole area has a camera, then fine. I just think that would be an oddity, in 2022. I also don't want to assume that no one can afford a one time $100 item just because they live in an apartment complex where some cannot.
I live in an upper middle class condominium and I am the first one in any of our buildings to get a video door bell. I know some of the houses in the ritzy neighborhood we are associated with has some, but surprisingly not as much as I would have thought. While cost and income certainly do play a role in availability, I would think it is still a novelty item in certain areas, so not as common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95