TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a renter by choice and have generally lived in apartments, some luxury. I do live in Texas, though not this specific part of Texas. We are not allowed cameras. I do not recall all the reasons why but I do remember these:

-We are not allowed to install fixtures and they consider this a fixture
-We are not allowed to make "modifications" internal or external and they consider this a modification
-Residents do not have the assumption of privacy in shared spaces. (hallways, community areas, stairways, etc) but the entry points of apartments are not considered shared. You cannot record your neighbors. Allowing cameras makes this very tricky.
-In order to have a camera your landlord has to give you expressed consent to have one

My video doorbell did not modify anything. It is not hard wired. I just have a hard time believing that in this day and age NO ONE has one.

As a matter of fact, this article mentions surveillance cameras, so I guess they have some:
Citing law enforcement sources, KXAN reports that police are now focusing on an 18-minute period on the evening of December 20, between 4:49 p.m. and 5:07 p.m. The report indicates that Lina is no longer visible on any surveillance camera or seen by witnesses beginning at 4:49 p.m.
Missing Lina Khil: Police Zero in on Critical 17 Minutes on Day 3-Year-Old Vanished – Crime Online

But it was the afternoon. I just feel like something is not quite adding up. I can't quite place it, but there seems like that time of day with the amount of people around with the amount of technology in 2022... something more should be known.
Does your video doorbell record continously or is it motion sensored?

Just because someone doesn't have a combination doorbell/camera installed on the outside doorframe doesn't mean someone couldn't have a security camera pointed out a window.

This is true. We lived in an apartment a few years ago and there were a lot of car break-ins. We put up 2 cameras on our patio pointing at the parking lot.

idk but most go on with motion

Most are motion, with alert and recording parameters set by the owner. Someone might set it to alert and/or record only when there is a close, human-size movement (avoiding things like cars/pedestrians in the distance or a squirrel in the backyard). For example, one of our cameras (set to record everything from a high vantage point) caught a car accident and another did not - it was set to record every second *only* when there was movement *close* to the egress point, and record every 10 seconds otherwise. The accident happened in less than 10 seconds.

But storage is another matter. For a device like Ring, storage of footage for a specified time period is an additional cost. The priciest set-up is camera plus long storage plus monitoring. Some people use cameras just for live-streaming, others store the footage (14 days, 30 days, 1 year, etc), and some add monitoring to the set-up.

The TLDR is that cameras don’t capture/record everything.

Does your video doorbell record continously or is it motion sensored?
Mine is motion sensored. It stores in the cloud. I dont know for how long, but i have gone back over a week and downloaded clips. I dont think there is a storage limit. But, as I said, I can download the clips to my phone, if I want. Its called Eufy. I set mine to no alerts. I just look at it when I want. I also turn on the live camera and watch outside, if I start getting spooked. I cannot imagine not having one. It is not a luxury, but a necessity for me. And I asked for it for Christmas.

According to reports, the Islamic Center of San Antonio is offering $200,000 for information leading to the girl’s safe return, while the San Antonio Crime Stoppers said it will give “a guaranteed $50,000 reward” for information that results in the arrest or indictment of a suspect in this case.

Lina Sadar Khil disappeared from a playground two months ago, on Dec. 20, 2021, at the Villa Del Cabo apartment complex. Her family celebrated her fourth birthday on Sunday, Feb. 20, 2022, when a spokesperson for the family said, “It’s very important to observe her birthday, but also to keep hope that she’s going to come home.”
Search continues for missing girl || $250,000 reward for info

It has now been three months.

If Lina had been abducted by someone who seemed out of place at the apartment complex, then that person would have caught someone's attention even if no one witnessed the abduction.

I am convinced that Lina was abducted by someone who lived or worked at the complex.

“I still have so much hope,” Khil said through the translator. “I will never be hopeless even after one year has passed. We only want police and the FBI to increase their activities so we can find out as soon as possible.”

Saturday, the group will join the Bexar County Clerk’s Office for the Cesar E. Chavez March for Justice, wearing T-shirts with Lina’s face and the phrase, “We are you, you are us.”

‘We can’t give up’ on Lina Khil: Community gathers to urge SAPD to keep searching

“I still have so much hope,” Khil said through the translator. “I will never be hopeless even after one year has passed. We only want police and the FBI to increase their activities so we can find out as soon as possible.”

Saturday, the group will join the Bexar County Clerk’s Office for the Cesar E. Chavez March for Justice, wearing T-shirts with Lina’s face and the phrase, “We are you, you are us.”

‘We can’t give up’ on Lina Khil: Community gathers to urge SAPD to keep searching
It seems like LE should have been able to identify at least one person of interest by now—for instance a local sex offender without a solid alibi. If they interviewed all of the male residents and workers at Lina's apartment complex, then there's a high likelihood that they've already talked to the perp.

It seems like LE should have been able to identify at least one person of interest by now—for instance a local sex offender without a solid alibi. If they interviewed all of the male residents and workers at Lina's apartment complex, then there's a high likelihood that they've already talked to the perp.
all of this ^^

I'm going to play devil's advocate - what if it was a woman who lured her away? And that's why there was no scream or resistance? moo.

There is a good possibility that is true.

But I also fear there is a good possibility that someone in the parking lot grabbed her when she passed by. And it may be someone not known by most of the apartment's residents or workers. If so, they may have driven off immediately, and we may never have a resolution to this tragic case.

Most kids are taught to respect and obey adults. If an adult - perhaps especially a female - beckoned her over or instructed her to remain silent, there’s a decent chance she obeyed. (Many parents insist they teach their kids not to talk to strangers, but that’s just not true: we teach kids to thank cashiers, apologize/seek permission on a playground, and say “excuse me” in a crowd). For some kids under age 5 or so, obedience to adults trumps safety. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hills89