TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone considered the possibility of the Afghanistan community taking care of this within the group themselves. Maybe I've just missed the reports, but I'm not seeing a great deal of outrage being demonstrated or spoken by the leaders, or any vigils being held, or reports of extra security being requested, not anything from them. I've even heard the children are still playing unsupervised in the play areas.
In one of Ezat's interviews he was asked what he thought would happen if the perp was found. He said that if the perp was an American then of course LE would deal with it, but if it was one of their people they would be sent straight to hell. I'm not saying this is what I think has happened, but asking if anyone has had those thoughts. For locals, what is the talk and feelings of the majority of the people of San Antonio? When there's just nothing, no glimmer of hope, your mind starts going crazy places and extreme scenarios pop into your thoughts. It's the silence from the community that bothers me most right now. I would be screaming and begging for justice for Lina, and maybe they are and I've just missed the reports.

Has anyone considered the possibility of the Afghanistan community taking care of this within the group themselves. Maybe I've just missed the reports, but I'm not seeing a great deal of outrage being demonstrated or spoken by the leaders, or any vigils being held, or reports of extra security being requested, not anything from them. I've even heard the children are still playing unsupervised in the play areas.
In one of Ezat's interviews he was asked what he thought would happen if the perp was found. He said that if the perp was an American then of course LE would deal with it, but if it was one of their people they would be sent straight to hell. I'm not saying this is what I think has happened, but asking if anyone has had those thoughts. For locals, what is the talk and feelings of the majority of the people of San Antonio? When there's just nothing, no glimmer of hope, your mind starts going crazy places and extreme scenarios pop into your thoughts. It's the silence from the community that bothers me most right now. I would be screaming and begging for justice for Lina, and maybe they are and I've just missed the reports.
Unfortunately, I'm afraid much lends to the lifelong question of why some cases take hold, garnering on-going global attention, while others drift off to silence.

I'm confused by this Ezat person. He has not known the family before Lina going missing, correct? I'm trying to figure out how/why he became the de-facto spokesperson, and if he is really a trustworthy source.

A sincere question, and please let's not stir up a debate on afghan culture, etc.
Do we know for certain that Lina's mom is the only wife of Lina's father? Could he possibly have other wives that feel they have claim to Lina? Sharia law allows Islamic men to have four wives. Of course any other wives who are here in the U.S. would have to keep that status unknown due to our laws. Just thinking out of the box, trying to overturn every possible stone...or pebble!

Amateur opinion and speculation

I'm confused by this Ezat person. He has not known the family before Lina going missing, correct? I'm trying to figure out how/why he became the de-facto spokesperson, and if he is really a trustworthy source.
Their Afghan dialect is somewhat rare from my understanding. Obviously not only does Ezat speak that dialect, but english quite well. That could be the reason, or he could be some ranking elder from their church. Just a guess.

It was my understanding that Ezat's YT interview was a conditional WS exception to provide what was at the time, much-needed information on Afghanistan's geography, culture, and language. It's been over a month since I viewed his interview but I thought he came with a disclaimer about not knowing or acting on behalf of the Khil family. MOO

If Lina left by foot...

Last summer I remember driving on Gardendale as a shortcut on my lunchbreak and there was a group of kids scurrying across the street eastbound to the apartment complex on the other side of Gardendale. About 8 of them, no adults, ranging from about 5-10 years old. I've seen this else where in the medical center, and the kids are usually carrying a soccer ball, sticks, or really small siblings. I can easily see how an unattended child could get led away unintentionally by a group of children, through several apartment complexes and across a street.

... I've read SAR stories on how far a lost child can travel across rough ground through the woods. She could have covered a quarter mile east in ten minutes, if running with other kids.

Your thoughts sleuthers?

My time on WS has firmly convinced me that, particularly where kids are involved, searchers should look at least a mile, preferably two, out past the furthest point that they believe the missing person could possibly get to. The number of people whose bodies have turned up somewhere in that range astounds me.

It was my understanding that Ezat's YT interview was a conditional WS exception to provide what was at the time, much-needed information on Afghanistan's geography, culture, and language. It's been over a month since I viewed his interview but I thought he came with a disclaimer about not knowing or acting on behalf of the Khil family. MOO

Thank you. I have no idea how I missed this discussion earlier! Appreciate it.

Ezat knows the family. I think he lives in Austin.
Tight knit ethnic groups all know each other and travel to different parts of the state to get together.
I'm Armenian and that's what we do. Get together in Austin. Get together in Dallas. Get together in Houston.

Sounds kinda weird to outsiders, but that's how it is.
I used to go across the country on dates, including arranged dates and get togethers. I know it sounds weird.

I'm on a San Antonio Armenian FB group and there's a priest always posting on there and I recognized his name: "Isn't that the priest from Racine?" (Sure enough it was) The Patriarch of Jerusalem Baptized me and I'm a nobody.

And when a note appeared on the door of the Cathedral of St James in Jerusalem, I needed a translation. Boom, just like that, I got a private message from them. (If my name was not Armenian, there would not been a translation at all!! That is the way it is!!!)

Anyway, close knit communities have their own peculiarities.

This interview is from January 1st and was approved by WS

Last edited:
Tight knit ethnic groups all know each other and travel to different parts of the state to get together.
I'm Armenian and that's what we do. Get together in Austin. Get together in Dallas. Get together in Houston.

I used to go across the country on dates, including arranged dates and get togethers. I know it sounds weird.

I'm on a San Antonio Armenian FB group and there's a priest always posting on there and I recognized his name: "Isn't that the priest from Racine?" (Sure enough it was) The Patriarch of Jerusalem Baptized me and I'm a nobody.

And when a note appeared on the door of the Cathedral of St James in Jerusalem, I needed a translation. Boom, just like that, I got a private message from them. (If my name was not Armenian, there would not been a translation at all!! That is the way it is!!!)

Thanks so much for your insight @Friday Fan .

Relative to the linked YT video -- please take note at about the 7:40 min mark, Ezat repeats that he's not speaking on behalf of the family, any interest, only for himself and as part of the small Afghan communities of both Austin and San Antonio. He wants that to be very clear.

Their Afghan dialect is somewhat rare from my understanding. Obviously not only does Ezat speak that dialect, but english quite well. That could be the reason, or he could be some ranking elder from their church. Just a guess.

Lina's parents speak Pashtu, a language (not a dialect) that is one of the most commonly spoken languages in Afghanistan. Maybe the language they speak is some rare dialect of Pashtu, I don't know.

I watched the video last night and if I remember correctly, he said he did not meet the parents until after she went missing.

Regardless, I was not intending my question as a judgement of him, or the community. I was trying to determine the weight of his statements and was not aware that a conversation was already had about him. Thank you for the cultural information, I love learning about how communities function and intermingle.

yes! our local armenian and portuguese communities are like this.

Their community is offering the huge reward money, right?

SAN ANTONIO - A special prayer service will be held Saturday, January 29, for 3-year-old Lina Khil.

The public is invited to pray together with Lina's family and friends for her safe return.
It will be held Saturday at the Muslim Children's Education and Civic Center(MCECC) on Casa Bella.​
Prayer service to be held for missing 3-year-old Lina Khil

Starts at 2 pm CST.

JAN 27, 2022
Prayer service to be held for missing 3-year-old Lina Khil | WOAI (news4sanantonio.com)
[...]

"Lina's case has jolted us afresh to realize that our children are not safe within our own communities. The tragedy of all missing children saddens us deeply, but only the parents and family of a lost child know the heartache they go through with each passing day. We're inviting you to join hands and hearts again this Saturday to pray together with Lina's family and their friends for her safe return, as well as that of all missing children," said Nazli Siddiqui, MCECC.

[...]

Mayor Ron Nirenberg and several city council members are expected to attend.

[...]

I was watching an episode of Without a Trace tonight, and a little girl “disappeared” from a playground. There were a lot of people there but no one saw anything.

It turned out the wrong girl was taken by mistake. There were 2 girls playing together who looked somewhat similar and the kidnapper thought she was taking someone else.

It just made me think of Lina. I remain hopeful for Lina’s safe homecoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal