TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the screenshots!

I'm a little lost still, though. Is this video part of the 18 minute gap video? And am I correct that a friend was recorded talking to Lina and then Lina was gone?

Do we know who the friend is? Or, at least is the friend a friend of Lina's or a friend of Lina's mother?

It's a bit confusing because:
  • Teresa spoke to the mom via an interpreter. (Teresa is a volunteer with a search group. She is not law enforcement)
  • The video is voiced over in Spanish
  • The closed captions don't match her voice
  • The exact details aren't all that important because the FBI provided more details on December 28th

But it does confirm that the video was there and it was confirmed that the mom knew about 4 days before the LE/FBI press conference on December 28th.

If you hear and watch the Univision tape prior to the FBI press conference, it's hard to follow and discussion of the video is so brief and there aren't enough details to make heads or tails of anything. When I first heard it, I wanted more details, because it left my head scratching.

Last edited:
Very good thoughts for this precious child to be found and for her family. I have a strong feeling she is not longer among us. But I really hope she or her remains will be found. The not knowing is destroying you.

RSBM Thanks for this, @Friday Fan. I presume this video was taken at 4:49 and is the starting time of the 18 minute gap. However, the paragraph itself is confusing to me. The reporter chatted with the mother of the minor. What minor?
She told me that there is a video where her friend is chatting with the little girl. Who is chatting? The mother’s friend? Lina’s friend? Is the minor Lina’s friend who was chatting to Lina and a third party took the video?
I’m trying to figure out if Lina was seen on video talking to an adult or a child.

The "mother of the minor" is Lina's mother

I'm pretty sure, "the friend" referenced here is the interpreter.

In a nutshell: Lina's mother said "one minute her daughter was observed talking to her* on video in the playground area and then gone."

Teresa is a volunteer with an upstart women's advocacy group. She went to Lina's apartment and spoke with Lina's mother on Christmas Eve.
I don't know where she found the interpreter, but I believe that this was an informal situation.

I'm like you when it comes to the rest of the questions

Who was Lina talking with on the playground? I don't know.

It gets lost in the voice-over. And I don't know who "her" is because she gets cut off
It would have been nice to have a few more details. I wish it hadn't been voiced over.

* her...I have no idea who "her" is.

However, I do believe this is in reference to the video taken at 4:49 pm.

I wish there more details....

I just rewatched the video. The exact quote of the english portion was, “The mother had told her friend that one minute her daughter was observed talking to her in the playground area, on video, then gone.” -Teresa Shealy, Women’s Power Network
I believe now that Lina’s mom is saying that her daughter is on video in the play area talking to her, (mom), and then she, (Lina), was gone from camera view.
ETA If true, this would seem to confirm that her mom was in the playground right up until the time Lina disappeared. At some point right around then she must have gone back to her apartment feeling secure that Lina would be fine right there. It was when she came back that she realized Lina was gone. I’m not sure how they know that Mom began looking for her exactly at 5:07. Perhaps that is when she called her husband as evidenced by cellphone records.

That's how I perceive it.

I do not understand the video explanation; it doesn't ring true for me. I'm not saying Lina's Mom is being deceptive, I'm saying the way this is explained doesn't add up. Something is missing, aside from the obvious (Lina). It's time to tunnel through this language and cultural barrier, and have Lina's mother interviewed by a law enforcement representative who speaks her language. Without an intermediary. I'm sure we should be able to find someone. Lina's mother is the last one who saw her (presumably), and the closest link we have to finding her.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I do not understand the video explanation; it doesn't ring true for me. I'm not saying Lina's Mom is being deceptive, I'm saying the way this is explained doesn't add up. Something is missing, aside from the obvious (Lina). It's time to tunnel through this language and cultural barrier, and have Lina's mother interviewed by a law enforcement representative who speaks her language. Without an intermediary. I'm sure we should be able to find someone. Lina's mother is the last one who saw her (presumably), and the closest link we have to finding her.

How do we know that Lina's mother has not spoken with law enforcement through an FBI interpreter?
Law enforcement has absolutely no obligation to inform us.

As the search for missing 3-year-old Lina Sardar Khil enters its second week, the FBI has identified an 18-minute gap from the time she was last seen on video until her family noticed she was no longer on the playground at their gated apartment complex.

FBI seeks help in case of missing girl

FBI is basically saying the same thing....

Attachments

• SA EN.png
    SA EN.png
    454.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Personally, I would be shocked if Lina’s mom hasn’t been interviewed by LE with a darn good interpreter (likely the same who helped her father). LE don’t care about cultural customs, they care about doing their jobs to find this missing child. I’m betting this has been done and LE just hasn’t mentioned it publicly because the important facts didn’t change.

Personally, I would be shocked if Lina’s mom hasn’t been interviewed by LE with a darn good interpreter (likely the same who helped her father). LE don’t care about cultural customs, they care about doing their jobs to find this missing child. I’m betting this has been done and LE just hasn’t mentioned it publicly because the important facts didn’t change.

I agree. I would imagine that Lina’s mother would share LE’s goal of finding her child, regardless of her cultural customs or preferences. And I expect LE would be as respectful of those issues as possible, while still doing their jobs. There is no reason to think they’ve held back from interviewing her or that she has not been forthcoming in speaking to LE. Our not knowing means nothing, as usual. :)
JMO

I agree. I would imagine that Lina’s mother would share LE’s goal of finding her child, regardless of her cultural customs or preferences. And I expect LE would be as respectful of those issues as possible, while still doing their jobs. There is no reason to think they’ve held back from interviewing her or that she has not been forthcoming in speaking to LE. Our not knowing means nothing, as usual. :)
JMO

It really is not difficult to find someone who speaks pashto, as a teacher we had access to interpreters and it is not an uncommon language so i would hope they had that sorted long ago and just didn't need to mention it. In fact, if they didn't how would they have gotten any info from here? They cannot go on family members as translators. It would be imho very unprofessional and quite lazy if they hadnt had at least a few conversations with her...

It really is not difficult to find someone who speaks pashto, as a teacher we had access to interpreters and it is not an uncommon language so i would hope they had that sorted long ago and just didn't need to mention it. In fact, if they didn't how would they have gotten any info from here? They cannot go on family members as translators. It would be imho very unprofessional and quite lazy if they hadnt had at least a few conversations with her...

I'm sure they have talked with her and likely on more than one occasion. I believe women are not allowed to speak in public. That would not be speaking in public.

I’m sure LE has interviewed the mother with a professional interpreter. Using family/friend to interpret is not allowed in many medical practices for ethical reasons, so I can’t imagine that same would be allowed in a police interview. JMO.

I'm sure they have talked with her and likely on more than one occasion. I believe women are not allowed to speak in public. That would not be speaking in public.
I was wondering about the lady who spoke at the vigil. Was she from the mosque? There were also other women there who appeared to be Muslim. Do the rules vary from sect to sect? I agree as to her having been interviewed and I'm sure more than once.

I can't imagine how frightening this mom found preparing for this interview. I will be watching, I want to put a face to this mother I have been praying so hard for.

Mom is 24.
Dad is 26 Born 1995

8211070d-ed16-414c-8ac0-3802e62ce501-Lina_3.jpg

This image is from Texas in 2019
41e994a5-52bf-4fda-ab0c-c54d851e017c-Lina_1.jpg

exclusive-mothers-message-for-missing-daughter

"We all have the same pain, it doesn't matter that I am from Afghanistan, I have a different culture, different religion.

What we have in common is the pain of motherhood as a human, is the same as all people," says Zarmeena Sardar Khil, Lina’s mother. (Translated from Pashto)

I was invited into their home to talk with Zarmeena and her husband, Riaz. While respecting their cultural beliefs about women being videotaped, she talks to me off-camera. Through an interpreter, she shares her pain. 6 weeks after she last saw her child, in a park at her family's apartment complex.

“I was on the scene when she disappeared. Why didn't I do more for her not to be out of sight," says Zarmeena. “FBI and police are involved and they didn't find anything. Inside she is feeling very sad, sorrowful and she may go crazy without her.”

Zarmeena is only 24 and she is 4 months pregnant. Her family moved from Afghanistan to the United States, in hopes of a safer life. But that all changed the day Lina went missing.

“I am missing my child, I cannot forget her and it is affecting me a lot and my other child who is coming to this world," says Zarmeena.

EXCLUSIVE: Mothers message for missing daughter

Per Yami Virgin on FB: Mother has been talking with authorities.

Last edited:
Hi! As always, thanks so much for your time and info
Much love and respect ;)

How do we know that Lina's mother has not spoken with law enforcement through an FBI interpreter?
Law enforcement has absolutely no obligation to inform us.

As the search for missing 3-year-old Lina Sardar Khil enters its second week, the FBI has identified an 18-minute gap from the time she was last seen on video until her family noticed she was no longer on the playground at their gated apartment complex.

FBI seeks help in case of missing girl

FBI is basically saying the same thing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895