TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the interview from last night transcribed.

Bear in mind the interpreter obviously is not repeating verbatim what Lina's mum is saying. Also apologies if Mum's name is misspelt!

Reporter
- In this home the family sits on a persian rug. They speak English and the language of their native home, Afghanistan and women do not go on camera for interviews. To be sensitive to their religion and cultural beliefs you will only hear Sarmina Khil, Lina Khil's mother.

Reporter - That day, what does she remember, where she left her and then when she came back. What does she remember of that day?

Reporter - Sarmina responds through a family interpreter.

Interpreter - She was playing, because her brother outside in the playground and I was over there. At one time I saw her on the back of there, so when I saw this thinking that she would come back but after a while I feel that's she not over there and she didn't came....so I went in search of her, to find her and surrounding areas and also I came back to the apartment to check in the apartment but I didn't find her, I call my husband and my husband came he also...

Reporter - She was asked if different children playing outside if they had seen Lina, they said "no" so she went to the different buildings in the complex where their relatives and friends live and they said they had not seen Lina.

Interpreter - At first when she was missing so I was thinking that we will find her and she will come back because she was thinking that maybe she is in somebody's community, family. She will go there and she will come back. By the morning 10 am. when she didn't come back so I thought she's missing and disappeared and maybe abducted.

Reporter - After 6 weeks the 24 year old mother who's 4 months pregnant says she can not believe Lina has not been found and she's feeling hopeless.

Interpreter - I was thinking that United States of America and FBI involved so they are more powerful and they have more resources, rather than Afghanistan.

Reporter - Sarmina tells us that there is no happiness, no laughter and no peace for her until her daughter comes back.

Interpreter - Everyday it's just her in my mind. I'm going on and I still feel that I will....she will come back and I'm...my life right now is in the wait of returning back of Lina and Lina is a small child he didn't do anything wrong or...she was a minor and she was a normal kid and nice kid. So I say to people "return my child as soon as possible".

Reporter - She feels her daughter must be crying for her and wondering "where is my mother?", "where's my family" and she fears that whoever has her will keep her as their own for ever.

Interpreter - She's thinking that she may be with somebody who is taking care of the child and maybe they were trying to forget the parent and continue your life....so he's thinking that wherever she is maybe that guy is rich and she will take care of the child and he will try to forget her, her parents.

Reporter - Before this Sarmina believed that she and her children were in the safest place in the world. She never imagined something like this could happen.

Interpreter - This person to return our child and return, whatever he wants we will give. This is the pain that it will not end until we find Lina.

Reporter - Sarmina asks that we allow her voice in their native tongue to air so that she could send a message to her child who does not speak English, in case she can hear her.

Interpreter - We are really sad that you're not with us and we want you back in our home, in our life and we're missing you and we are trying our best to get you back home.

Ah...this makes me so sad. Such a young family, coming here in hopes of a better life. What a devastating thing to experience (at all,) but the circumstances make this especially horrific to me. I cannot even begin to imagine the hell they are trying to survive right now.

The image from 2019 definitely confirms that she is not a 3 year old child. I don't think that actually matters, but maybe people will stop asking. She looks like a genuinely happy and loved child in these pictures. It's just all too sad.
I agree with you (based on height and weight) that she is probably not 3, but if that photo were taken in very late 2019 (she is wearing long sleeves) when she was 1, almost 2, she possibly could have been 3, almost 4 when she went missing.

There are several reasons she looks older in that photo, but I see 18-month-olds with even longer, thicker hair than Lina’s and long hair makes them look much older.

Agreed, this case is so very sad.

This is the interview from last night transcribed.

Bear in mind the interpreter obviously is not repeating verbatim what Lina's mum is saying. Also apologies if Mum's name is misspelt!

Reporter
- In this home the family sits on a persian rug. They speak English and the language of their native home, Afghanistan and women do not go on camera for interviews. To be sensitive to their religion and cultural beliefs you will only hear Sarmina Khil, Lina Khil's mother.

Reporter - That day, what does she remember, where she left her and then when she came back. What does she remember of that day?

Reporter - Sarmina responds through a family interpreter.

Interpreter - She was playing, because her brother outside in the playground and I was over there. At one time I saw her on the back of there, so when I saw this thinking that she would come back but after a while I feel that's she not over there and she didn't came....so I went in search of her, to find her and surrounding areas and also I came back to the apartment to check in the apartment but I didn't find her, I call my husband and my husband came he also...

Reporter - She was asked if different children playing outside if they had seen Lina, they said "no" so she went to the different buildings in the complex where their relatives and friends live and they said they had not seen Lina.

Interpreter - At first when she was missing so I was thinking that we will find her and she will come back because she was thinking that maybe she is in somebody's community, family. She will go there and she will come back. By the morning 10 am. when she didn't come back so I thought she's missing and disappeared and maybe abducted.

Reporter - After 6 weeks the 24 year old mother who's 4 months pregnant says she can not believe Lina has not been found and she's feeling hopeless.

Interpreter - I was thinking that United States of America and FBI involved so they are more powerful and they have more resources, rather than Afghanistan.

Reporter - Sarmina tells us that there is no happiness, no laughter and no peace for her until her daughter comes back.

Interpreter - Everyday it's just her in my mind. I'm going on and I still feel that I will....she will come back and I'm...my life right now is in the wait of returning back of Lina and Lina is a small child he didn't do anything wrong or...she was a minor and she was a normal kid and nice kid. So I say to people "return my child as soon as possible".

Reporter - She feels her daughter must be crying for her and wondering "where is my mother?", "where's my family" and she fears that whoever has her will keep her as their own for ever.

Interpreter - She's thinking that she may be with somebody who is taking care of the child and maybe they were trying to forget the parent and continue your life....so he's thinking that wherever she is maybe that guy is rich and she will take care of the child and he will try to forget her, her parents.

Reporter - Before this Sarmina believed that she and her children were in the safest place in the world. She never imagined something like this could happen.

Interpreter - This person to return our child and return, whatever he wants we will give. This is the pain that it will not end until we find Lina.

Reporter - Sarmina asks that we allow her voice in their native tongue to air so that she could send a message to her child who does not speak English, in case she can hear her.

Interpreter - We are really sad that you're not with us and we want you back in our home, in our life and we're missing you and we are trying our best to get you back home.
Heartbreaking!

FEB 6, 2022
Search for missing 3 year-old Lina Khil continues, mother believes she is still alive | WOAI (news4sanantonio.com)

034e05d8-08fb-4653-9c36-488154ab5711-large16x9_273009395_512159006939203_8883286550722468184_n.jpg

[...]

The search spread today to a sprawling park on the city's far northwest side.

Family, friends, and volunteers combed OP Schnabel Park for any signs of Lina.

She went missing December 20th.

Since then, the search has extended from the Medical Center all the way out to Fredericksburg.

[...]

I saw one of the Sunday's volunteers walking through Leon Creek!

I have friends who join the searches.

The area where they were Sunday has fairly rough terrain. It also has lots of cops on duty regularly.

It's a "wilderness" type area, which is quite popular with joggers, hikers and bikers.

A murder in 2013, put more LE on duty. They ride the trails just before twilight and chase everyone out. After closing, they patrol the entrances.

Last edited:
Is it terrible for me to say that I don't think they are going to find her? moo.
I don't know whether they will find her alive—the statistics aren't promising, obviously—but if she's been killed, her remains could still be found. Many murder victims are found randomly by hunters, hikers, fisherman, and kids. (Organized search parties never seem to look in the right place.) Oftentimes a suspect will lead police to a victim's remains as part of a plea deal.

FEB 12, 2022
Search for missing 3-year-old continues Sunday | WOAI (news4sanantonio.com)
[...]

Members of Eagles Flight Advocacy & Outreach plan to search the green belt known as Fox Park Trailhead Northwest of downtown near the Medical Center area. They have almost completely searched the 27 square mile area.

The group posted on their Facebook page, "This has been bittersweet as we have searched for any clue regarding the disappearance of Lina. Thank you to all who have volunteered and given your time so self-less-ly. May God Bless Riaz and his family as they struggle through this time."

If you'd like to help out, you are asked to meet at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, February 13 at Fox Park Trailhead.

[...]

"Search crews reached the final section of the greenbelt area Sunday morning as they looked for Lina at the Fox Park Trailhead on W. Hausman Road."

"The little girl was last seen at a playground at her apartment complex off of Fredericksburg Road on Dec. 20. There is a greenbelt near that complex that stretches about 27 miles."

Volunteer crews in San Antonio continue search for 3-year-old Lina Khil

I cannot believe this little girl is still missing....how do so many children vanish without any trace?
I am not into hocus pocus stuff but honestly.....where are they? where is this little girl?
Sorry to be blunt, but likely discarded somewhere quite close from where she was last seen, missed in the searches. I'd be very happy to be proven wrong.

Amateur opinion and speculation

FEB 15, 2022
Bittersweet ending searching for Lina Khil in San Antonio (lmtonline.com)
The latest volunteer search for missing 3-year-old Lina Sadar Khil has come up empty. Nonprofit the Eagles Flight Advocacy and Outreach hosted another search with Lina's family along a San Antonio greenbelt on Sunday, February 13.

"Bittersweet ending to the last search on the greenbelt," the group wrote in a Facebook post. "My prayer is that we are one day closer to Lina being back in the arms of her family."

[...]

Linked in the article (search photos): Eagles Flight Advocacy & Outreach | Facebook

Tis true. Little Paislee was just found today after being missing for two years.

Police: 4-Year-Old Paislee Shultis, Missing Since 2019, Found Alive In Ulster County – CBS New York

Paislee's rescue highlights the need for very thorough searches immediately after any child is reported missing.
There could be hiding places in any of the apartments in the complex where Lina's family lives. She disappeared so quickly that I fear she was wisked away into someone's apartment and concealed during searches. It would be interesting to know which tenants have moved since Lina was taken. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member