TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Former FBI agent provides insight into ongoing search for Lina Khil

"I've got three children, and just thinking about it, it is heart-wrenching," said retired FBI agent Abel Peña, who heads up a new nonprofit called Project Absentis. Founded this year, it assists in missing-person cases, especially those which have gone cold.

Peña and his team, who sport more than a 100 years of background in law enforcement combined, are looking at potentially getting involved to help find Lina. He said their goal is to help the family and law enforcement too.

During part of his nearly 27 years with the agency, he worked child abduction and kidnapping cases. Peña is keeping a close eye on this San Antonio case, which is at the center of an ongoing AMBER Alert.

"I know law enforcement is on top of this thing," Peña said.

The San Antonio special acting agent in charge on Friday said hundreds of agents were reviewing video and going through hundreds of leads. He said different FBI teams are on the ground in San Antonio, including the Behavioral Analysis Team from Quantico.

"They are essentially the FBI profilers," Peña said. "What they do is put together an analysis and give that to the case agent to where they can make a determination or direction of where to take the case."

Peña said video evidence is critical. So is interviewing every single person who lives at the complex.

He said if the leads dry up, the agency will expand its area.

Former FBI agent provides insight into ongoing search for Lina Khil | kens5.com

"https://www.kens5.com/embeds/video/273-c21d89dd-355f-4b60-8bd1-3fc5c8488a5c/iframe"

"I've got three children, and just thinking about it, it is heart-wrenching," said retired FBI agent Abel Peña, who heads up a new nonprofit called Project Absentis. Founded this year, it assists in missing-person cases, especially those which have gone cold.

Peña and his team, who sport more than a 100 years of background in law enforcement combined, are looking at potentially getting involved to help find Lina. He said their goal is to help the family and law enforcement too.

During part of his nearly 27 years with the agency, he worked child abduction and kidnapping cases. Peña is keeping a close eye on this San Antonio case, which is at the center of an ongoing AMBER Alert.

The San Antonio special acting agent in charge on Friday said hundreds of agents were reviewing video and going through hundreds of leads. He said different FBI teams are on the ground in San Antonio, including the Behavioral Analysis Team from Quantico.

"They are essentially the FBI profilers," Peña said. "What they do is put together an analysis and give that to the case agent to where they can make a determination or direction of where to take the case."

Peña said video evidence is critical. So is interviewing every single person who lives at the complex.

"https://www.kens5.com/embeds/video/273-c21d89dd-355f-4b60-8bd1-3fc5c8488a5c/iframe"
As frustrating as it is that over a week has passed without some sort of resolution, it's incredibly encouraging to see the amount of resources that are being utilized here.

Hopefully we hear about a development soon.

Yep.
Somewhat concerning posts from the locals. :(

Hoping that maybe a relative took her and she's safe but hidden ?
I know that's unlikely.
Still catching up to the pages in this thread but I'm assuming LE used SAR dogs to make sure she wasn't still in the apt. complex ?
If Lina walked away on a side path or between the apt. buildings and her mom thought she had gone back to their apt., was this a usual occurrence ?
And if so, I'm thinking Lina was older than three, as that age isn't that far removed from being a toddler and they still need a close eye on them.
She'd be old enough to go back alone to her house.
Still dangerous, but the family maybe thought it was a safe neighborhood, imo.
Or, was it the first report that the mother had stepped away for a bit to get water and when she returned Lina was gone ?
Is it different stories or misreporting/ sloppy reporting ?
As in one person specified one account, but another said something else ?

My first thought is that she wandered off , and a predator grabbed her.
What did the other children who were playing see ?
They're (imo) the most important witnesses !
Did Lina walk away alone ?
Did it look like someone was watching them all playing, or did someone coax her away ?
For the other children, they'd know who belonged there at the apt. playground, and who was a stranger.

Hoping for good news that she is found.
Imo.
Many people are very uninformed. You should hear what my hair dresser said. My hair dresser doesn't even have time to read any news. She just knows a little girl is missing somewhere....and she starts off.......yada yada yada....

Last edited:

"The San Antonio special acting agent in charge on Friday said hundreds of agents were reviewing video and going through hundreds of leads. He said different FBI teams are on the ground in San Antonio, including the Behavioral Analysis Team from Quantico."

Sounds like they have scooped up lots of video, maybe from gas stations, businesses and ring cameras, and are scanning it for any clues of suspicious peeps----that is a hopeful indication.

The girl that is driving around is doing a really good job!
She also found the swing where Lina was videoed swinging.
The swing is at the apartment complex next door.
Lina updates are in the first half hour.
There is now a picture of Lina in Afghanistan
The YouTuber does not show all of the video/videos unfortunately.
Texas Equusearch is searching.

The swing is located here: Google Maps
New content begins at 48 minutes

What a beautiful child.
This is really getting to me.

Last edited:
So sad....And so many places..
Baby Gabriel was never found....

I think he was tossed I n the trash somewhere along the creepy mother’s route. Impossible to locate unless someone dumpster diving finds a body.

From years of researching these cases I’ve come to believe that disposing of a body in the trash is one of the easiest ways to ensure the body is never found- at least if the trash is not near where the victim lives or was last seen alive.

I wouldn’t have thought so before seeing how hard it is to find a body once it’s been disposed of in a dumpster and taken to the landfill. Even when they know the general location of the body in a landfill, it’s like a needle in a haystack.

1. Mom was watching Lina at the playground
  2. Lina made her way to a nearby path and disappeared
  3. Mom left the playground area for a short time
  4. Mom returned and Lina was missing
Questions:

Why didn't Mom follow Lina down the path? She just watched her disappear and then went somewhere else? Where did Mom go? :confused: MOO
I’m beginning to wonder if while Mom was inside, she was keeping an eye on Lina through a window when she saw her step down the path. Perhaps the path led to their building leading her to assume Lina was heading home. When she sidn’t show up the mother went out to investigate and found her gone.

Or maybe the Mom saw her step down a path from the window, raced outside only to find she had disappeared.

I think he was tossed I n the trash somewhere along the creepy mother’s route. Impossible to locate unless someone dumpster diving finds a body.

From years of researching these cases I’ve come to believe that disposing of a body in the trash is one of the easiest ways to ensure the body is never found- at least if the trash is not near where the victim lives or was last seen alive.

I wouldn’t have thought so before seeing how hard it is to find a body once it’s been disposed of in a dumpster and taken to the landfill. Even when they know the general location of the body in a landfill, it’s like a needle in a haystack.

I agree. Especially when the child is so tiny.
The smaller, the easier
Almost anywhere and almost any method

<modsnip: Removed off topic details of an unrelated case>

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated DEC 28, 2021
SAPD to give update on search for missing 3-year-old Lina Khil at 10:30 a.m. (ksat.com)
The department will hold an update on the search Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. The press conference will be livestreamed in this story.

DEC 28, 2021
TODAY: San Antonio police to give update on case of missing 3-year-old Lina Khil | KABB (foxsanantonio.com)
San Antonio Police Chief William McManus is expected to give an update on the case of missing 3-year-old Lina Khil Tuesday morning at 10:30 a.m.

Live video in this ^ link although nothing is happening yet.

Last edited:
The girl that is driving around is doing a really good job!
She also found the swing where Lina was videoed swinging.
The swing is at the apartment complex next door.
Lina updates are in the first half hour.
There is now a picture of Lina in Afghanistan
The YouTuber does not show all of the video/videos unfortunately.
Texas Equusearch is searching.

The swing is located here: Google Maps
New content begins at 48 minutes

What a beautiful child.
This is really getting to me.

FYI:
The above YouTube Channel is approved.

From the presser:

Over the weekend, the command post shut down. :( Right now, they are going through reams and reams of data and trying to make links between video and interviews they've done.

K-9 teams are out looking for Lina right now.

Police officers are still on scene but they really have no new leads where Lina might be.

"I will say that we are looking at some people, yes." Chief McManus

Per the FBI Agent in Charge - The dumpsters were searched last week but they searched them again to make sure they didn't miss anything.

From 4:49 to 5:10 p.m. no visibility of Lina.

Last edited:
Allysa Tellez - KENS 5 on Twitter
#BREAKING: Chief McManus said they are looking into some people in response to the disappearance of Lina Sardar Khil. He said they're still treating it as a missing person's case. He said they cannot consider her disappearance an abduction until they have the evidence
10:41 AM · Dec 28, 2021·Twitter Web App

Chief McManus said it's "disheartening" they haven't found anything that will lead them to Lina considering all they have done to try and find her eight days into her disappearance.
10:46 AM · Dec 28, 2021·Twitter Web App

He said they're searching around green spaces near I-10 to try and find something. The total reward for information that will lead to Lina's whereabouts is $150,000
10:48 AM · Dec 28, 2021·Twitter Web App

DEC 28, 2021
'We have not lessened the intensity of this investigation' | SAPD, FBI provide update on missing 3-year-old | kens5.com
[...]

Police Chief McManus said while they continue to comb the web and try to get more leads, there isn't an advancement in the case. However, it was mentioned that the greenbelt is being searched by officials in the event that a tip or evidence is found.

"It might lead us to something and we don't want to leave any stone unturned," McManus said. "So, we'll continue to go over those areas as we think there may be new evidence."

[...]

On Monday, the FBI was seen searching the dumpsters. The reason was that last week, the dumpsters were searched. Since the dumpsters had been emptied since then, officials wanted to do their due diligence again to make sure that no one had thrown out evidence or anything pertinent to the investigation or search efforts.

Since there was an 18 minute window last week where there was no visibility of Lina, a lot of the tips came after that window and the officials are asking that if anyone has any information that can be helpful in this case, to contact the FBI and SAPD.

It's been eight days since Khil was last seen. The command post has since been shut down since police said they have searched the surrounding area thoroughly.

"There is no lessening of this investigation simply because the command post has shut down," McManus said.

[...]

Officers, K-9 units continue to search for Lina Khil after she went missing 8 days ago | KABB (foxsanantonio.com)
[...]

After searching the complex where Lina went missing, McManus says they have extended their search from the greenbelts and Loop 410.

[...]

From 4:49 p.m. and 5:07 p.m. from the day Lina went missing, FBI Agent Garris says there's an 18 minute window where they did not have any visibility of Lina. He is asking the public of they have any information or tips from that 18 minute gap that would help investigators.

[...]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members