TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DEC 27, 2021
Reward increases to $150,000 for missing 3-year-old Lina Sadar Khil in Texas | The Voice of LaSalle County since 1952! (1430wcmy.com)
The Islamic Center of San Antonio is offering a $100,000 reward, and the Crime Stoppers of San Antonio has offered $50,000 for information resulting in the arrest or indictment of a suspect accused of any involvement in the disappearance of Lina.

The FBI has joined the San Antonio Police Department in the search for the young girl. They are accepting any tips, video footage or insight concerning her potential whereabouts.

Unless I missed it, this is the first time I've seen the reason Lina's mother stepped away from the playground.

DEC 27, 2021
3-year-old daughter of Afghan refugees missing from San Antonio for a week - The Washington Post
Three-year-old Lina Sardar Khil was romping around the playground of a San Antonio apartment complex last week when her mother stepped away to get water.
It was in an extended play version of the interview on KENS-5.

Scroll down......toward the very end. I have no idea how to watch an isolated video on their site without another video popping up...

It might be on their YouTube channel.

WATCH: Father of missing 3-year-old Lina Khil speaks to KENS 5 | kens5.com

Managed to direct link it:
https://www.kens5.com/embeds/video/273-c1197e6f-2a21-4047-ab32-9b046720a537/iframe

Does anyone know if these appartments have basements?
Or any kind of underground shelters or places you where you can hide?

If most people living there come from war situations (ptss), I can imagine you would get familiar with place's to hide in case of danger.
Are there tornado's and hurricane's in texas?

Monday night marks one full week since a three-year-old girl was last seen. Lina Sardar Khil was on the playground and when her mom left and came back, police say she was gone.

A week later, FBI agents in hazmat suits were skimming the Villas Del Cabo apartment complex in the 9400 block of Fredericksburg Road on the northwest side trying to find any clues.

Agents with shirts labeled “evidence response team” were digging through trash and dumpsters around the complex on Monday morning, although it’s not clear what they were looking for.

FBI agents, police continue search for clues to find San Antonio girl missing for one week | kens5.com

If most people living there come from war situations (ptss), I can imagine you would get familiar with place's to hide in case of danger.
Absolutely not….no how no way are there basements in these apartments. Or in 99.99999 percent of the homes in Texas. Hurricanes only occur on the gulf coast area and San Antonio is only affected because the evacuees usually head here. Tornados are rare but do indeed occur

There are no basements or underground shelters in the apartments.

Tornadoes are rare in San Antonio. The ones that do happen are small tornadoes and a bathroom is strong enough for shelter.
We don't get hurricanes here.

Absolutely not….no how no way are there basements in these apartments. Or in 99.99999 percent of the homes in Texas. Hurricanes only occur on the gulf coast area and San Antonio is only affected because the evacuees usually head here. Tornados are rare but do indeed occur
11 Bluemel Rd - Google Maps

I was looking on google maps.
What are these kind of underground structures for?

Monday night marks one full week since a three-year-old girl was last seen. Lina Sardar Khil was on the playground and when her mom left and came back, police say she was gone.

A week later, FBI agents in hazmat suits were skimming the Villas Del Cabo apartment complex in the 9400 block of Fredericksburg Road on the northwest side trying to find any clues.

Agents with shirts labeled “evidence response team” were digging through trash and dumpsters around the complex on Monday morning, although it’s not clear what they were looking for.

FBI agents, police continue search for clues to find San Antonio girl missing for one week | kens5.com
This is interesting. I'm sure dumpsters were searched early on, but I imagine they are looking again to see if anyone may have dumped something in the meantime.

Things may have calmed down a bit since the initial law enforcement response, and the person who did this may have finally felt comfortable disposing of evidence there.

We saw something similar in the Faye Swetlik case.

Would any of the apartments have an attic type space?
I would say that.....

Attic space in apartments would be very rare in Texas- and maybe close to non existent. From what I have seen, Texas does not follow the say, traditional upper east coast design pattern of basement - living floors- usable attics.

Rather, Texas apartment design is simply living floors from the ground floor to the roof. As other posters have mentioned, Texas apartments with basements are very rare- and maybe close to non existent as well.

But.... having some reserved parking spaces designated as 'covered' and also providing small storage areas with in the individual covered parking spaces is fairly common in Texas. Residents are then charged more for this option.

The storage spaces are usually small, perhaps the size extra large closets at most and are in the same place where the resident parks. The door to the storage area can then be pad locked.

Last edited:
I would say that.....

Attic space in apartments would be very rare in Texas- and maybe close to non existent. From what I have seen, Texas does not follow the say, traditional upper east coast design pattern of basement - living floors- usable attics.

Rather, Texas apartment design is simply living floors from the ground floor to the roof. As other posters have mentioned, Texas apartments with basements are very rare- and maybe close to non existent as well.

But.... having some reserved parking spaces designated as 'covered' and also providing small storage areas with in the individual covered parking spaces is fairly common in Texas. Residents are then charged more for this option.

The storage spaces are usually small, perhaps the size extra large closets at most and are in the same place where the resident parks. The door to the storage area can then be pad locked.

I have also seen Texas apartments with a storage space off the patio/balcony area. Maybe just a bit larger than a coat closet.

Unless I missed it, this is the first time I've seen the reason Lina's mother stepped away from the playground.

DEC 27, 2021
3-year-old daughter of Afghan refugees missing from San Antonio for a week - The Washington Post
Three-year-old Lina Sardar Khil was romping around the playground of a San Antonio apartment complex last week when her mother stepped away to get water.
WATCH: Father of missing 3-year-old Lina Khil speaks to KENS 5 | kens5.com
I read this differently when the dad did an interview.
Khil said Lina's mother was watching her on the playground of their northwest-San Antonio complex when the little girl made her way to a nearby path and suddenly disappeared. Her mother thought she may have returned to their apartment unit, but when she didn't find her there either a search ensued.
I took it as that was the reason she went back to her apartment. No clue. First time I'm hearing about water. IMO

Lots of locals commenting on San Antonio PD FB page.
Yep.
Somewhat concerning posts from the locals. :(

Hoping that maybe a relative took her and she's safe but hidden ?
I know that's unlikely.
Still catching up to the pages in this thread but I'm assuming LE used SAR dogs to make sure she wasn't still in the apt. complex ?
If Lina walked away on a side path or between the apt. buildings and her mom thought she had gone back to their apt., was this a usual occurrence ?
And if so, I'm thinking Lina was older than three, as that age isn't that far removed from being a toddler and they still need a close eye on them.
She'd be old enough to go back alone to her house.
Still dangerous, but the family maybe thought it was a safe neighborhood, imo.
Or, was it the first report that the mother had stepped away for a bit to get water and when she returned Lina was gone ?
Is it different stories or misreporting/ sloppy reporting ?
As in one person specified one account, but another said something else ?

My first thought is that she wandered off , and a predator grabbed her.
What did the other children who were playing see ?
They're (imo) the most important witnesses !
Did Lina walk away alone ?
Did it look like someone was watching them all playing, or did someone coax her away ?
For the other children, they'd know who belonged there at the apt. playground, and who was a stranger.

Hoping for good news that she is found.
Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members