TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DEC 28, 2021
'We have not lessened the intensity of this investigation' | SAPD, FBI provide update on missing 3-year-old | kens5.com
[...]

Police Chief McManus said while they continue to comb the web and try to get more leads, there isn't an advancement in the case. However, it was mentioned that the greenbelt is being searched by officials in the event that a tip or evidence is found.

"It might lead us to something and we don't want to leave any stone unturned," McManus said. "So, we'll continue to go over those areas as we think there may be new evidence."

[...]

On Monday, the FBI was seen searching the dumpsters. The reason was that last week, the dumpsters were searched. Since the dumpsters had been emptied since then, officials wanted to do their due diligence again to make sure that no one had thrown out evidence or anything pertinent to the investigation or search efforts.

Since there was an 18 minute window last week where there was no visibility of Lina, a lot of the tips came after that window and the officials are asking that if anyone has any information that can be helpful in this case, to contact the FBI and SAPD.

It's been eight days since Khil was last seen. The command post has since been shut down since police said they have searched the surrounding area thoroughly.

"There is no lessening of this investigation simply because the command post has shut down," McManus said.

[...]
4:49-5:10 No visibility of Lina.
I think this worded a bit differently. Usually we would have “last seen at 4:49”period.
So, I think they can positively say that as of now they know she was last seen at 4:49. No one noticed her missing until 5:10? Eighteen minutes is a lot longer than “she disappeared in seconds”. A lot longer. MOO

4:49-5:10 No visibility of Lina.
I think this worded a bit differently. Usually we would have “last seen at 4:49”period.
So, I think they can positively say that as of now they know she was last seen at 4:49. No one noticed her missing until 5:10? Eighteen minutes is a lot longer than “she disappeared in seconds”. A lot longer. MOO
Did he say where the video was from?

Did he say where the video was from?
I would have to find an article, but from what I understand - she wasn't seen during those 18 minutes from "video or other sources." So I don't know how much actual video footage they have of her but it sounded like maybe even the other parents at the playground hadn't seen here during that timeframe

One thing I wanted to mention that isn’t being looked at as far as I am aware, is that it is entirely possible a coyote could have grabbed her.

now, I know it sounds crazy but I used to live a couple blocks from this same road, and I would see coyotes fairly regularly. The area is a high traffic area, but very close by and almost connected are open lands that extend further north.

i dont believe thats what happened as im sure dogs would of hit or there would be drag marks etc......

But I am not ruling that out as a possibility.

IMHO I think she is not on the property, was taken quickly and if we have an 18 minute window that was a certain possibility. I am assuming there were no open ditches or areas of construction near there? that would be a spot to check if we still thought she had wanderd off....

One thing I wanted to mention that isn’t being looked at as far as I am aware, is that it is entirely possible a coyote could have grabbed her.

now, I know it sounds crazy but I used to live a couple blocks from this same road, and I would see coyotes fairly regularly. The area is a high traffic area, but very close by and almost connected are open lands that extend further north.

i dont believe thats what happened as im sure dogs would of hit or there would be drag marks etc......

No way.

A coyote might grab a newborn (if someone were dumb enough to leave it in a very open area at dusk), but not a three-year-old.

Full-grown coyotes only weigh about 15—45 pounds. They're not timber wolves.

No way.

A coyote might grab a newborn (if someone were dumb enough to leave it in a very open area at dusk), but not a three-year-old.

one of the reasons why I dont believe it happened, however I am not ruling it out. Not my top theory by no means.

No way.

Coyote attacks are becoming more common. Fortunately, the mother was close by to stop this one. As we are aware, the mother in this situation lost sight of her for a period of time.

Coyote Attacks 5-Year-Old Girl In California Park

I have never heard of a coyote dragging a kid off. It's an apartment complex at 5 pm and coyotes are shy. I live in San Antonio too. Coyotes got a neighbor's cat, but Lina's not a cat or small mammal. She would have screamed and caused a scene.

Still wish we knew where in the complex she was last seen. Where was that path that her Mom said she disappeared from? I keep looking at the complex from all angles. The is metal fencing around the whole complex with only two exits, one on Fredericksburg and one on Bluemel. According to the sign at the entrance, you must have a resident sticker to park there. There are numbered spaces for residents. However, there is also guest parking that does not require a sticker. The parking is subject to towing enforcement. Is there a time limit on guest parking? Does the tow company drive through on a regular basis? Do they make note of non resident vehicles in the guest spaces? Or do they only tow if a non resident is parked in a resident’s space?
I am posting a couple of photos of the complex showing the exits, the play area, and the innermost parking areas. There is also parking around the whole perimeter of the buildings within the complex. The innermost parking spots are most sheltered and less visible from the roadways and would be where a suspect would be less likely to be seen getting Lina into a vehicle. However, I’m guessing those inner lots are for residents and that guest parking might be relegated to the outer spaces.
The exit that would be least busy traffic wise would be Bluemel. That is also the road that would take you to the nearest I-10 exit/entrance about 1.1 miles or 4 minutes away.
Since LE said they are searching areas adjacent to I-10, I wonder if they have footage of a particular vehicle that was on Bluemel in the designated time frame that also was caught entering I-10.

Attachments

• FD6BD222-7662-4F99-B4AF-D8450EE1B7D2.jpeg
    FD6BD222-7662-4F99-B4AF-D8450EE1B7D2.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 45
  • A4D07C31-459A-4036-98F2-9F665D749EC9.jpeg
    A4D07C31-459A-4036-98F2-9F665D749EC9.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 50
  • C34D8F64-1545-4822-A9A2-F8BC396A4C03.jpeg
    C34D8F64-1545-4822-A9A2-F8BC396A4C03.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 1832CA01-4714-4965-A7AB-988CD1973657.jpeg
    1832CA01-4714-4965-A7AB-988CD1973657.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 39
I have never heard of a coyote dragging a kid off. It's an apartment complex at 5 pm and coyotes are shy. I live in San Antonio too. Coyotes got a neighbor's cat, but Lina's not a cat or small mammal. She would have screamed and caused a scene.

I just posted a link of an article for this area and just further north like I stated earlier. Coyotes would absolutely attack a child if that child was vulnerable. <modsnip> Again, not my top theory but its possible.

****foolish in regards to a generalized automatically discrediting a possibility. Its not nor was it directed to any individual but the IDEA of writing off a possibility. If you are too sensitive that a word hurts your feelings that you have to edit a post, then your only true concern is yourself and not the safety of and solving issues. Calling someone a name or being rude is not needed, but saying that dismissing an idea outright would be foolish is a fact. Simple.

Last edited:
I just posted a link of an article for this area and just further north like I stated earlier. Coyotes would absolutely attack a child if that child was vulnerable. <modsnip> Again, not my top theory but its possible.

<modsnip>

Attacking a child and causing a child to vanish are not the same. A coyote would not be physically capable of carrying away a child Lina's size—not even close.

Moreover, doing so without leaving any blood evidence would basically be in the realm of magic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still wish we knew where in the complex she was last seen. Where was that path that her Mom said she disappeared from? I keep looking at the complex from all angles. The is metal fencing around the whole complex with only two exits, one on Fredericksburg and one on Bluemel. According to the sign at the entrance, you must have a resident sticker to park there. There are numbered spaces for residents. However, there is also guest parking that does not require a sticker. The parking is subject to towing enforcement. Is there a time limit on guest parking? Does the tow company drive through on a regular basis? Do they make note of non resident vehicles in the guest spaces? Or do they only tow if a non resident is parked in a resident’s space?
I am posting a couple of photos of the complex showing the exits, the play area, and the innermost parking areas. There is also parking around the whole perimeter of the buildings within the complex. The innermost parking spots are most sheltered and less visible from the roadways and would be where a suspect would be less likely to be seen getting Lina into a vehicle. However, I’m guessing those inner lots are for residents and that guest parking might be relegated to the outer spaces.
The exit that would be least busy traffic wise would be Bluemel. That is also the road that would take you to the nearest I-10 exit/entrance about 1.1 miles or 4 minutes away.
Since LE said they are searching areas adjacent to I-10, I wonder if they have footage of a particular vehicle that was on Bluemel in the designated time frame that also was caught entering I-10.

I would take the sticker thing with a grain of salt.
My hunch: Towing occurs if a vehicle is there for an extended time (days) or if someone complains. JMO

<modsnip>

A coyote attacking a child is rare, let alone attacking a child at a location like this.

This coyote would have to come and go unseen, leave no blood, pick up and carry off a child, somehow leave no trace of her body, and elude authorities for over a week.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members