TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my biggest issue with a coyote, or other animal, attack is the lack of blood. I would think LE would have found blood somewhere. If LE is claiming they do not suspect foul play (up thread a few posts), that leads me to believe they did not find blood evidence. JMO/MOO

right. Im thinking the police stating they do not suspect foul play is probably because they believe the opposite, and hope to get people to relax.

It seems local LE and FBI are still diligently reviewing video footage, unknown vehicles in the area etc. and I’m glad. But at the same time LE has come out and said they don’t believe she’s been abducted and more recently they don’t believe she met w/foul play. What scenario other than an abduction would involve strange vehicles and local business security footage?

Does LE really believe what they are saying or is the message specifically designed to reassure a suspect that they aren’t getting close?

How often (if ever) does LE deliberately misrepresent the state of an investigation? I know it’s common to say their primary suspect is not a suspect, but to me that’s very different from saying there was no crime when they are pretty darn sure there was.
It also doesn't line up with tweets from SAPD themselves, about the reward for information leading to an "arrest/indictment." I mean, that says a lot while also not saying much..

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkieMartin/status/1475901040469946368

Many of you have written me saying Lina Khil's height and weight seem OFF for a 3-year-old. Four feet tall, 55 pounds.

I just got off the phone/email with
@SATXPolice
who simply says: "Everything released to date is all we are releasing at this time."
1:46 PM · Dec 28, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://mobile.twitter.com/KENS5/status/1475930422181871626

JUST IN, PLEASE SHARE: Lina Khil's father shared this photo with KENS 5, saying this is the dress she was wearing the day she went missing.

The photo was taken in Afghanistan. Saw it last night. Spent awhile analyzing it. Note the electric cords going up and down the utility pole. The would not be code in the US. Also notice all the vats stacked up on the side of the house. Once again those basins would be used for washing clothes, dying fabric, storing food, drying food, bathing etc. Also the roofs are completely flat.

Last edited:
I think we all know that Lina is not 3 years old. I work with victims of trafficking and many are (sadly) refugees that were vulnerable once here and fell victim. There are many reasons age is fudged, the biggest being that often babies one year and under get prioritized for families. I won't go into all the additional reasons, because none of them are nefarious, and all are to get their family to a better place. Any parent trying to escape to safety would do the same thing. Something that is important to note, parents hold onto the age they choose, even when it is clearly not accurate. There is a lot of fear for immigrants and refugees of getting "caught" and getting sent back over the littlest of things. The age is probably not going to be changed anytime soon, from the family, from the community, or from LE

LE does not seem to think that clarification matters right now and it's something the public should probably accept and move on from. We know this is not a 3 year old child. We also know to keep looking. That's the important part.

The photo was taken in Afghanistan. Saw it last night. Spent awhile analyzing it. Note the electric cords going up and down the utility pole. The would not be code in the US. Also notice all the vats stacked up on the side of the house. Once again those basins would be used for washing clothes, dying fabric, storing food, drying food, bathing etc. Also the roofs are completely flat.
How long have they been in the US?

I think we all know that Lina is not 3 years old. I work with victims of trafficking and many are (sadly) refugees that were vulnerable once here and fell victim. There are many reasons age is fudged, the biggest being that often babies one year and under get prioritized for families. I won't go into all the additional reasons, because none of them are nefarious, and all are to get their family to a better place. Any parent trying to escape to safety would do the same thing. Something that is important to note, parents hold onto the age they choose, even when it is clearly not accurate. There is a lot of fear for immigrants and refugees of getting "caught" and getting sent back over the littlest of things. The age is probably not going to be changed anytime soon, from the family, from the community, or from LE

LE does not seem to think that clarification matters right now and it's something the public should probably accept and move on from. We know this is not a 3 year old child. We also know to keep looking. That's the important part.

Thank you. A fellow called into a talk show saying that they're worried about getting charged with child neglect for leaving their child unattended. Now I can understand why they would be more fearful to talk about it than someone like me.

If it was my kid, I would have just said, "I was busy watching my other kid and I thought she was with her friends".

I certainly would not expect to be charged with child endangerment or neglect.

Wouldn’t you probably refrain from saying you expect foul play when you’re dealing with a pregnant grieving mother and father, even if you do suspect it - just to keep hope alive so they will keep eating, sleeping and you know.. just try to survive
No I don't. Does LE want to insult their intelligence? Plus is LE offering an alternative as to where Lina is? This just raises more questions and speculation as far as I'm thinking. I hope I'm wrong, but what's the motive? MO

Thank you. A fellow called into a talk show saying that they're worried about getting charged with child neglect for leaving their child unattended. Now I can understand why they would be more fearful to talk about it than someone like me.

If it was my kid, I would have just said, "I was busy watching my other kid and I thought she was with her friends".

I certainly would not expect to be charged with child endangerment or neglect.

They won't get charged with child neglect. Child neglect in Texas is more than leaving a child at an apartment playground to go get water, a child wandering down a path, etc. (Those are some scenarios spoken about in MSM reporting.)

But many parents fear it anyway. Especially parents that fear losing their status in another country.

They won't get charged with child neglect. Child neglect in Texas is more than leaving a child at an apartment playground to go get water, a child wandering down a path, etc. (Those are some scenarios spoken about in MSM reporting.)

But many parents fear it anyway. Especially parents that fear losing their status in another country.

correct. Although I as a father myself would never leave my child unattended in such a scenario, recently a law was passed.

Texas Becomes Third State To Pass Free-Range Kids Law
From article: “parents who live there cannot be investigated for neglect simply for giving their kids some old-fashioned freedom.”

the actual HB 567
https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/87R/billtext/pdf/HB00567I.pdf

It seems local LE and FBI are still diligently reviewing video footage, unknown vehicles in the area etc. and I’m glad. But at the same time LE has come out and said they don’t believe she’s been abducted and more recently they don’t believe she met w/foul play. What scenario other than an abduction would involve strange vehicles and local business security footage?

Does LE really believe what they are saying or is the message specifically designed to reassure a suspect that they aren’t getting close?

How often (if ever) does LE deliberately misrepresent the state of an investigation? I know it’s common to say their primary suspect is not a suspect, but to me that’s very different from saying there was no crime when they are pretty darn sure there was.
They didn’t really say they didn’t think she was abducted. They said they haven’t found evidence of abduction yet. I’m willing to bet they believe she has been abducted. They may not be sure if it’s a stranger abduction or someone familiar with Lina/her family.
https://twitter.com/AllysaTellez/status/1475869601221136387
They also said they have a couple of people they are “looking at” and they are offering a reward for information leading to the arrest/conviction of the person responsible for her disappearance.
I’ve found you really have to parse a police presser. :cool:

You can also see a man in the back right side that looks to me, to be dressed in a foreign manner. Specifically the head wear. MOO

They didn’t really say they didn’t think she was abducted. They said they haven’t found evidence of abduction yet. I’m willing to bet they believe she has been abducted. They may not be sure if it’s a stranger abduction or someone familiar with Lina/her family.
https://twitter.com/AllysaTellez/status/1475869601221136387
They also said they have a couple of people they are “looking at” and they are offering a reward for information leading to the arrest/conviction of the person responsible for her disappearance.
I’ve found you really have to parse a police presser. :cool:
I wonder if one reason why SAPD declines to publicly change Lina's age or state whether or not they believe she was abducted is that they already have someone on their radar?

(per @Turkeytrot's link https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkieMartin/status/1475901040469946368)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member