TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's odd. That's very different than saying "we believe the information we have released is accurate."

For whatever reason, they seem to be saying that they don't think it matters (they'd update those details if they did).

Maybe they simply can't verify those things, or maybe they have an idea of what went down and it wouldn't change anything.

As for the latter point, we've seen that in past cases when it's clear to us that the information released early on was wrong, but law enforcement issued no correction.

In all of those examples I can think of, things were not as they appeared (a kidnapping did not occur and LE knew it).

I don't feel that way in this one though.

Agree, this isn't one of those cases where a parent is covering something up. I guess maybe it doesn't really matter, we have pictures which are current ...

That reward is huge, if anyone had something to call in - one would think they have done so by now. I wonder if the investigation is further along than we the public think?

I think the poster was pointing out the misspelled word... "fowl" = bird vs. "foul" = bad.
44.gif
IOW yet another case of a news article that no one bothered to spell check.

But I agree with you that if Lina wandered off she would have been found by now. Seems to me that's strong evidence that something else caused her to disappear.
Yes I understood and the spellcheck is often overlooked these days, imo.
Btw ... love your animated emoji. :p :D :)

This silence from LE is concerning, as in it's more what they're not saying as opposed to what they've released.
MOO.

3-year-old Lina Sardar Khil still missing. San Antonio police @SATXPolice urging anyone who was at the Villas del Cabo apartment complex between 4:30-5:10 p.m. on Monday Dec. 20th to contact the Missing Persons Unit at 210-207-7660. @KENS5 #kens5eyewitness
View attachment 327402

https://twitter.com/zackbriggsnews/status/1474146995690356764?s=21

Judging by those hydro meters each one of those buildings probably house 9 apartments depending on number of bedrooms. Do we know if each apartment is two story? Do residents enter the building through a main entrance to a common hallway. Some ground floor units appear to have fences without gates and others only shrubbery. Do those ground floor units have access to the outside with sliding glass doors? If her mom was in the park when she saw Lina leave down a path was she sitting on the park bench at the time? It might help with the direction Lina went.

Judging by those hydro meters each one of those buildings probably house 9 apartments depending on number of bedrooms. Do we know if each apartment is two story? Do residents enter the building through a main entrance to a common hallway. Some ground floor units appear to have fences without gates and others only shrubbery. Do those ground floor units have access to the outside with sliding glass doors? If her mom was in the park when she saw Lina leave down a path was she sitting on the park bench at the time? It might help with the direction Lina went.
There are no hallways. Apartments are either on the first or second floor. I think Lina lived on the first floor. Ground floor units most than likely also have sliding patio doors.

Looking at these pictures again, I am assuming that the apartments are accessed by a hall both on the bottom and upper floors, as there's no indication of doors, stairs directly to units from the outside. I'm also assuming there are no elevators given the buildings are only 2 stories. They will have a fire escape, by law there need to be two egresses. Are the non entrance fire escape doors locked from the outside?

I'm trying to picture a perp snatching or luring a child unseen by others. i.e. IF it's a resident.
I can imagine that the hallways could be generally empty. Still risky though to bring a child in unseen in case someone leaves or returns to their unit.

The buildings also have pitched roofs, so if the upper floor unit ceilings are flat, there's an attic space. Would there be accessible ceiling trapdoors, for maintenance? Are the attic spaces continuous or separated by a firewall?
Also wonder whether the lower level has a crawl space, or are they built on slab? Don't know the usual Texas construction.

Just mulling over if there's a possibility that Lina is still in the complex...inside.

Still leaning to Lina having been taken away by vehicle though....due to the scent the dogs lost at some point. I wish we knew where exactly.

eta...the pictures didn't post. quoted post 289, on page 15

Years ago I used to live in a row of townhouses, maybe seven. You gained access to the attic through a small panel in the master bedroom closet ceiling. I found out that a teenager in the same condominium had been gaining access to other units by walking along the rafters and entering other units during the day when people were at work. I was completely shocked that it was that easy to gain access. It was unnerving to know builders had never considered how flawed the design was. The townhouses were built in the 1970s.

So what do we make of that statement from LE?
JMO it could be that LE simply doesn't feel that minor discrepancies in height/weight will make any difference in the search for Lina and there's nothing more to it.

Or as I said upthread maybe LE already has a strong suspect in mind and they just need to get their ducks in a row. If that's the case then we'll hear something soon.

Another possibility is that LE doesn't want to start a tempest in a teapot that might cause the public to see the family and their culture in a negative light. IOW make them look like they're hiding something or trying to defraud, even if there's no truth to it.

All MOO.

In all the videos I've seen I haven't seen any benches or chairs. I may have missed them, but early on I wondered where the ladies sat while they watched their children.

JMO it could be that LE simply doesn't feel that minor discrepancies in height/weight will make any difference in the search for Lina and there's nothing more to it.

Or as I said upthread maybe LE already has a strong suspect in mind and they just need to get their ducks in a row. If that's the case then we'll hear something soon.

Another possibility is that LE doesn't want to start a tempest in a teapot that might cause the public to see the family and their culture in a negative light. IOW make them look like they're hiding something or trying to defraud, even if there's no truth to it.

All MOO.
I agree and I think it's option three, your last paragraph. MOO

AMBER Alert issued for three-year-old girl missing from San Antonio | kens5.com

Texas Alerts on Twitter

San Antonio Police Department | Facebook

d68a2f3e-c9fd-4e6c-9cf4-6fbc24706c8e_750x422.jpg
FHGwpn4XEAQS-cj

According to an AMBER Alert issued Monday night, Lina Sardar Khil was last seen around 5 p.m. on the 9400 block of Fredericksburg Road. Authorities said she was last seen wearing a black jacket, a red dress, and black shoes. She has straight, shoulder-length hair, last seen in a ponytail.

Amber Alert: Three-year-old missing from San Antonio | WOAI (news4sanantonio.com)
Police are currently looking for an unknown suspect in connection with her abduction.

No way she is three years old and 4 feet tall. Looks more like about six - seven years? Sorry, I’m just tuning in. But where are her parents? Don’t they know her age?
This is nuts.

No way she is three years old and 4 feet tall. Looks more like about six - seven years? Sorry, I’m just tuning in. But where are her parents? Don’t they know her age?
This is nuts.

Afghanistan does not provide birth certificates, except in urban areas
Birthdays are not celebrated in certain parts of the world
There are two calendars over there...lunar and solar
The family is from a very rural area
They like to lower their kids' age so their child will qualify for benefits

This is nuts.
Hi neesaki. See MG's post below. And, keep reading! :)
Okay interesting. Got a DM from @901Lulu that she + @Moms4Missing conducted an interview with a close friend of Lina Khil's family. Friend says Lina is actually 5, and that it's common for immigrants to misreport ages for financial child support reasons. PD has not confirmed this
https://twitter.com/markiemartin/status/1475924062589399040?s=21

So there were witnesses because as her mother says Lina wasn’t left alone when she went inside. I think… I hope LE has a description of her abductor. If that’s the case, IMO it doesn’t really matter if her age is off by a year or two. Does anyone else think LE knows more than they are letting on?

So there were witnesses because as her mother says Lina wasn’t left alone when she went inside. I think… I hope LE has a description of her abductor. If that’s the case, IMO it doesn’t really matter if her age is off by a year or two. Does anyone else think LE knows more than they are letting on?
They SAY they are treating this as a missing person's case and do not have evidence of an abduction.

They definitely know more than they are telling us. Count on it. MOO

DEC 28, 2021
Lina Khil still missing as search for San Antonio girl continues | kens5.com
[...]

On Tuesday, even Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar on his horse looked for the child in several heavily wooded areas throughout the medical center. BCSO said it was close to where Lina disappeared. Also on the ground is the Alamo Area Search and Rescue. Lee Wingert with the group said they only activate at the request of law enforcement.

"Our goal is to always have a successful ending to the story," he said.

The volunteer and highly-trained group was asked by San Antonio Police to help find Lina. They're using specialized canines in this case.

"The canine is doing the work," he said. They are trained to look for live find. We have trailing dogs. We have a couple of dog hounds that we use to get a scent article from the individual's family."

[...]

Since this is an active investigation: the group is on standby. When SAPD calls them, they will be ready to go out and look for Lina. In the meantime, another search group plans to look for the three-year-old Wednesday morning at the Medical Center Field Park at 8465 Floyd Curl Drive. The meeting spot is nearly two miles from Lina's home.

[...]

Search And Rescue SATX said anyone who wants to help should show up at Medical Center Field at 9 a.m. They plan to search for several hours. They ask anyone who shows up to wear a long-sleeve shirt, pants, boots or sneakers.

[...]

DEC 28, 2021
Lina Khil still missing as search for San Antonio girl continues | kens5.com
[...]

On Tuesday, even Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar on his horse looked for the child in several heavily wooded areas throughout the medical center. BCSO said it was close to where Lina disappeared. Also on the ground is the Alamo Area Search and Rescue. Lee Wingert with the group said they only activate at the request of law enforcement.

"Our goal is to always have a successful ending to the story," he said.

The volunteer and highly-trained group was asked by San Antonio Police to help find Lina. They're using specialized canines in this case.

"The canine is doing the work," he said. They are trained to look for live find. We have trailing dogs. We have a couple of dog hounds that we use to get a scent article from the individual's family."

[...]

Since this is an active investigation: the group is on standby. When SAPD calls them, they will be ready to go out and look for Lina. In the meantime, another search group plans to look for the three-year-old Wednesday morning at the Medical Center Field Park at 8465 Floyd Curl Drive. The meeting spot is nearly two miles from Lina's home.

[...]

Search And Rescue SATX said anyone who wants to help should show up at Medical Center Field at 9 a.m. They plan to search for several hours. They ask anyone who shows up to wear a long-sleeve shirt, pants, boots or sneakers.

[...]

I hope one of those beautiful canines finds this precious child or a clue or anything helpful. Praying for good results tomorrow.

They didn’t really say they didn’t think she was abducted. They said they haven’t found evidence of abduction yet. I’m willing to bet they believe she has been abducted. They may not be sure if it’s a stranger abduction or someone familiar with Lina/her family.
https://twitter.com/AllysaTellez/status/1475869601221136387
They also said they have a couple of people they are “looking at” and they are offering a reward for information leading to the arrest/conviction of the person responsible for her disappearance.
I’ve found you really have to parse a police presser. :cool:

I'm hoping they are also reviewing footage from the apartments in the general vicinity, specifically the complex with the swings. They don't look too far away from the dog park/kid park in Lina's own complex. She seems like a pretty smart kid who might just decide to go for a swing if her mom popped into the apartment for a couple of minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member