TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if something specific has brought them here to search or merely because it’s a large acreage near where she was last seen.

It's where they're sending volunteers as opposed to paid professionals. Probably no particular reason, expect that it is a public area and walking paths etc. Low hazards for volunteers etc.

I wonder - would they allow the public/volunteers to help if they thought they would find something there?

Or maybe they would regardless just because of the size of the area?

It just doesn't seem to be the norm to allow the public to search too with a lot of the missing persons cases I've followed. I just wonder how they decide whether to allow that or not.

The area is considered a public park. It's open to the public...It isn't cordoned off as when there is a crime scene etc.

Actually, I see the public searching many times. They aren't under the direction of the police. The public will usually search areas of low hazards or areas that aren't considered potential crime scenes etc.

Last edited:
The area is considered a public park. It's open to the public...It isn't cordoned off as when there is a crime scene etc.

Actually, I see the public searching many times. They aren't under the direction of the police. The public will usually search areas of low hazards or areas that aren't considered potential crime scenes etc.
Sure they're free to search public areas, but I don't often see requests for volunteers to search

Amber Alert: 3-year-old from Texas still missing, in immediate danger

The search for the girl is active, with multiple groups on the ground, including the Bexar County Sheriff’s Department, Alamo Area Search and Rescue and Search and Rescue SATX, KENS reported.

The victim was last seen at 5 p.m. local time Dec. 20 in the 9400 block of Fredicksburg in San Antonio. Authorities don’t yet know whether Lina wandered away from the apartment complex playground or if she was taken by someone.

Amber Alert: 3-year-old from Texas still missing, in immediate danger

The search for the girl is active, with multiple groups on the ground, including the Bexar County Sheriff’s Department, Alamo Area Search and Rescue and Search and Rescue SATX, KENS reported.

The victim was last seen at 5 p.m. local time Dec. 20 in the 9400 block of Fredicksburg in San Antonio. Authorities don’t yet know whether Lina wandered away from the apartment complex playground or if she was taken by someone.

I'm unclear if the 5 PM sighting is based on the camera footage or based on what her mother said or based on another witness. I feel like it matters.

I've been assuming it was camera footage, because they've given such an exact window of time. I don't think LE has said one way or the other though.

That was my initial assumption as well, but I haven't seen it confirmed. I am trying to reconcile it with the 4:49-5:07 time frame and something just isn't lining up for me. I am hopeful they know something they haven't released to the public, which is fine with me.

I hope they coordinated with LE. Good folks always want to help with searches for missing people. They get frustrated when LE does not set up a search. However, there is a difference between missing/lost and missing/foul play. Well intentioned volunteers can destroy critical evidence if they disturb a crime scene. Texas Equusearch won’t even go in without an invite from LE.
If SAPD thinks Lina wandered off, they will welcome and coordinate searches. MOO

I hope they coordinated with LE. Good folks always want to help with searches for missing people. They get frustrated when LE does not set up a search. However, there is a difference between missing/lost and missing/foul play. Well intentioned volunteers can destroy critical evidence if they disturb a crime scene. Texas Equusearch won’t even go in without an invite from LE.
If SAPD thinks Lina wandered off, they will welcome and coordinate searches. MOO

Lina could not have wandered this far, she's too young and the roads are too dangerous. I don't think she would know how to operate a crosswalk light!

Police have been searching culverts etc. If someone would dump a body, I don't think it's a very likely area. It's not remote enough. The parking here is too well lit and there are too many university and park police around. If people really want to conceal something, they go to an area where they can park a vehicle undisturbed and not be noticed.

People do dump stuff here in this park area, but it is usually soda bottles and stuff like that. Google Maps

Here is the parking lot. It's at a fairly busy intersection. Google Maps

Last edited:
I posted this video a few days ago. It's in Spanish. I believe subtitles are "auto-generated" but the woman is speaking in English. The woman spoke to Lina's mother and said that there is video of Lina and she disappears from the video. Unfortunately, there is not a whole lot of information or elaboration. This is from last week.

The woman says something different in English than what the subtitles state.

I couldn't get the subtitles to upload in order, but start with Facebook (4)

The news clip starts within the apartment complex at the 48 sec mark.

Attachments

• Facebook (10).png
    Facebook (10).png
    203.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Facebook (9).png
    Facebook (9).png
    293.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Facebook (8).png
    Facebook (8).png
    245.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Facebook (5).png
    Facebook (5).png
    280.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Facebook (4).png
    Facebook (4).png
    228.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
DEC 28, 2021
Lina Khil still missing as search for San Antonio girl continues | kens5.com
[...]

On Tuesday, even Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar on his horse looked for the child in several heavily wooded areas throughout the medical center. BCSO said it was close to where Lina disappeared. Also on the ground is the Alamo Area Search and Rescue. Lee Wingert with the group said they only activate at the request of law enforcement.

"Our goal is to always have a successful ending to the story," he said.

The volunteer and highly-trained group was asked by San Antonio Police to help find Lina. They're using specialized canines in this case.

"The canine is doing the work," he said. They are trained to look for live find. We have trailing dogs. We have a couple of dog hounds that we use to get a scent article from the individual's family."

[...]

Since this is an active investigation: the group is on standby. When SAPD calls them, they will be ready to go out and look for Lina. In the meantime, another search group plans to look for the three-year-old Wednesday morning at the Medical Center Field Park at 8465 Floyd Curl Drive. The meeting spot is nearly two miles from Lina's home.

[...]

Search And Rescue SATX said anyone who wants to help should show up at Medical Center Field at 9 a.m. They plan to search for several hours. They ask anyone who shows up to wear a long-sleeve shirt, pants, boots or sneakers.

[...]

i hope they use cadaver dogs too, i hate to say but use all kinds of dogs.

Specially trained K9 joins the search for missing 3-year-old Lina Khil

Lina’s father gave us one of Lina‘s dresses, so we could get it to a very special K9 unit leading the search. A 5-year-old Belgian Malinois named “Bak” is trained to search for people who are alive - and also for cadavers. Hopefully, the dog can use the scent from the dress to find Lina, or maybe a discover a clue that might help lead to where she is.

The search area is about a mile from the apartment where Lina went missing. It’s outside the area San Antonio Police are currently searching. That’s so the volunteers can expand the total search area.

The group that organized this volunteer search is called Search and Rescue SATX. If they don’t find anything, they’ll put an update on their Facebook page as to where they would meet up next. It’s a private Facebook group, so you have to request membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member