TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only imagine how this is tearing up their family. Any support they can get will help. I would want people coming out of the woodwork if it were my child. I’m going to mass this morning to pray for her safe return. And to guide me on this trip with search and rescue. I know God’s listening and helping the parents through this horrible time. God speed.

It would take only a moment to get her into a vehicle, sadly. Not even one minute. They would just have to be "lucky" there weren't security cameras. Whoever did this is a threat to society. I hope they're caught very soon. (All just my speculations.)
Yes

@PorterFitzgerald Just read this whole thread, and have some observations/questions:

Are there any areas that we know are absolutely NOT covered by cameras, such as a parking lot? Would a potential abductor from the apartment complex know/have an idea of areas that are not monitored and be able to avoid them if they were to take Lina into their apartment? I find it difficult to believe that in such a crowded complex, there are both no witnesses to Lina's leaving and no evidence of if somebody persuaded her into leaving (e.g. camera footage, although this could definitely be something LE is holding back).

This was several pages back (I think ~page 20), but there was a discussion about if a child could be lured in a language that the child is unfamiliar with. I think it would be extremely difficult, especially if the hypothetical abductor is an adult. I would say that most children I know are not particularly trusting of adult strangers, but may be more trusting of older children/young adults, and of course somebody they are already familiar with. I also think that if such luring took place at the playground, the other parents would surely notice if somebody was talking at a child and getting frustrated that she did not understand what they were saying/having a one-sided conversation for an extended period of time.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am also of the understanding that this is a relatively narrow, roughly 18 minute, gap in between when Lina was last seen, and when she was noticed as missing. Since the response from LE was immediate and the perimeters of the complex were basically closed off shortly after her disappearance, could it still be possible that Lina is still at the apartment complex, even after 9 days? My instinct is that she never left... Do we have any updates on if police were able to search every apartment? Even if they are not allowed to search each unit, they could surely rule out those who comply, and draw off of suspicions from those who refuse and are uncooperative.

Hoping for Lina's safe return as we head into the new year. Such a sad and puzzling case.

Security at the apartment was not good and a parent complained that they did not have security cameras.

People who live at budget apartments generally don't purchase ring cameras.

I was at an apartment complex last year and went to almost every door because we were leaving off flyers

I did not see a single ring camera

Last edited:
Quoting both comments as the age --if correct-- of the boy is three, then Lina must be older ; unless they are twins ?
The circumstances of Lina's disappearance are murky at best.
Usually Occam's Razor would indicate the simplest answer is the right one -- so maybe she wasn't done playing and wandered off to explore somewhere else.
Nothing nefarious, unless a stranger drove by the playground that afternoon.
Did the other kids see anything unusual ?

Still thinking she ran off and was taken , or fell into water ?
Wish LE would update if there's anything 'new'.
Imo.
Reading the bolded above, for the second time, I remembered that the time of Lina's last sighting was 5:09 p.m., it was beginning to get dark at that time. I believe sunset was 5:40. And it was the shortest day of the year. This was not afternoon, but easy to think of it as afternoon. I'm not sure how well the play area was lighted or if at all. There is a picture posted, but I don't know the time...it is a night sky. You can see figures, but no details of them.
Screenshot_20211230-065209.jpg
Just thinking any searching done was done in darkness. And I believe she could have been easily snatched and no one notice. JMO

Reading the bolded above, for the second time, I remembered that the time of Lina's last sighting was 5:09 p.m., it was beginning to get dark at that time. I believe sunset was 5:40. And it was the shortest day of the year. This was not afternoon, but easy to think of it as afternoon. I'm not sure how well the play area was lighted or if at all. There is a picture posted, but I don't know the time...it is a night sky. You can see figures, but no details of them.
View attachment 327954
Just thinking any searching done was done in darkness. And I believe she could have been easily snatched and no one notice. JMO

It was dark by the time the police arrived.

I do alot of walking in the area and the parks kick us out (close) after sunset. Generally on December 20th, I have to be out of the park by 6 pm. It still stays light after the sun sets. Civil twilight lasts about 15 minutes in San Antonio.

I always plan my walks according to the sun. We do have police patrolling the parking lots and trails on ATVs. You can be there during civil twilight because it is still light, but if they catch you coming to your car afterwards, they will often say something.

Generally it is dark at the end of civil twilight.

It was not dark when Lina was last seen. Shadows get longer, but it was not dark.

Note: The light issue is a big deal in the summer for me, because I time my walks so that the walk ends at the end of civil twilight. (Long story...LOL..but it has to do with Texas heat!..I gotta start being careful around the end of July..days suddenly get shorter..LOL...I also know the exact time that I need to use a flashlight in yard and I've got lanterns and the whole works. Our watering time is 7 pm - 11 pm. )

Civil twilight is the period when enough natural light remains that artificial light is not needed.

Lawmakers have enshrined the concept of civil twilight. Such statutes typically use a fixed period after sunset or before sunrise (most commonly 20–30 minutes), rather than how many degrees the sun is below the horizon. Examples include the following periods: when drivers of automobiles must turn on their headlights (called lighting-up time in the UK); when hunting is restricted; when the crime of burglary is to be treated as nighttime burglary, which carries stiffer penalties in some jurisdictions. Twilight - Wikipedia

Last edited:
I was thinking more about the possible age discrepancy and receiving benefits. The nutrition assistance program WIC could be a huge benefit for families that have struggled to get basic necessities. Children are eligible until age 5 I believe.

I do alot of walking in the area and the parks kick us out (close) after sunset. Generally on December 20th, I have to be out of the park by 6 pm. It still stays light after the sun sets. Civil twilight lasts about 15 minutes in San Antonio.

I always plan my walks according to the sun. We do have police patrolling the parking lots and trails on ATVs. You can be there during civil twilight because it is still light, but if they catch you coming to your car afterwards, they will often say something.

It was not dark when Lina was last seen. Shadows get longer, but it was not dark.

Note: The light issue is a big deal in the summer for me, because I time my walks so that the walk ends at the end of civil twilight. (Long story...LOL..but it has to do with Texas heat!..I gotta start being careful around the end of July..days suddenly get shorter..LOL...I also know the exact time that I need to use a flashlight in yard and I've got lanterns and the whole works. Our watering time is 7 pm - 11 pm. )

Civil twilight is the period when enough natural light remains that artificial light is not needed.

Lawmakers have enshrined the concept of civil twilight. Such statutes typically use a fixed period after sunset or before sunrise (most commonly 20–30 minutes), rather than how many degrees the sun is below the horizon. Examples include the following periods: when drivers of automobiles must turn on their headlights (called lighting-up time in the UK); when hunting is restricted; when the crime of burglary is to be treated as nighttime burglary, which carries stiffer penalties in some jurisdictions. Twilight - Wikipedia
I plan my winter days by when the sun goes down because I am totally night blind. It's amazing how quickly the light vanishes from one stop light to another. Lol. Thank goodness for accurate info on the time of sunset.
Since everything is so segragated between male and female, do you know if the male children would also be at the playground with the girls? Just wondering.

bbm
Maybe that's where the age of 3 was mistranslated or miscommunicated to the media; or in the missing child report ?
It's important, imo, to know how old Lina is, so that LE know the age of the child seen on camera.
Again I'm assuming there is footage of Lina or that someone outside of family members can vouch for her at the playground ?
Is it possible that it's the younger sister seen in the security video that's been referenced ?
My guess is that LE may have more information than we do at this time.
Imo.
I sure hope so!

Yes

Security at the apartment was not good and a parent complained that they did not have security cameras.

People who live at budget apartments generally don't purchase ring cameras.

I was at an apartment complex last year and went to almost every door because we were leaving off flyers

I did not see a single ring camera
I think most apartments do not have cameras, I know some gated communities have them at the gates only. and I had considered getting a ring, but do not have wifi and can't use a wired one in my rented apartment, also I imagine ring is an often stolen item in complexes. I think it would be beneficial for apartments to have cameras in the common areas, like a playground....

"Also on the ground is the Alamo Area Search and Rescue. Lee Wingert with the group said they only activate at the request of law enforcement.

"Our goal is to always have a successful ending to the story," he said.

The volunteer and highly-trained group was asked by San Antonio Police to help find Lina. They're using specialized canines in this case.

"The canine is doing the work," he said. They are trained to look for live find. We have trailing dogs. We have a couple of dog hounds that we use to get a scent article from the individual's family."

Wingert told KENS 5 they've done multiple searches at the apartment complex where Lina vanished. The group searched an area that was an interest of investigators, on Tuesday. They looked for four hours but no luck."

Lina Khil still missing as search for San Antonio girl continues | kens5.com

DEC 30, 2021
Volunteers from across Texas join together to search for missing Lina Khil | KEYE (cbsaustin.com)
[...]

More than 100 volunteers are searching throughout the Northwest Side looking for any sign of the little girl.

[...]

Organizing the search to cover as much ground as they can, Search and Rescue SATX is diving neighborhoods around the apartment where Lina went missing.

They're hoping by the end of the day, they'll be able to have searched a five-mile circumference around the apartment complex on Fredericksburg Road.

Once again, they will be walking through wooded areas, tall grass, likely homeless encampments, going through apartment complexes and as many private properties they'll be allowed to search after asking for permission.

[...]

I've been looking for the swing that Lina was on in a video I posted a couple of days ago. I believe this is the one. It's at the Sundance Apartment homes.

upload_2021-12-30_17-4-11.png

Google Maps

I know the video of her on the swing isn't from that day, but if she was taken by a predator it just adds another location they may frequent.

As you can see on the map it's situated just behind the Villa del Cabo complex.

upload_2021-12-30_17-7-5.png

Images of Lina captured from the above video link.

upload_2021-12-30_17-13-41.pngupload_2021-12-30_17-14-49.pngupload_2021-12-30_17-16-1.png

I have never heard of Civil Twilight before. So interesting.

I've been looking for the swing that Lina was on in a video I posted a couple of days ago. I believe this is the one. It's at the Sundance Apartment homes.

View attachment 327969

Google Maps

I know the video of her on the swing isn't from that day, but if she was taken by a predator it just adds another location they may frequent.

As you can see on the map it's situated just behind the Villa del Cabo complex.

View attachment 327970

Images of Lina captured from the above video link.

View attachment 327974View attachment 327975View attachment 327976

Yes, that's exactly where it is!
Circled area is where the playground is located.
Thank you.
Someone I know drove around and found it herself.

She said that it's very easy to access from Lina's apartment and got the impression that kids from Lina's apartment play there.

Attachments

• InkedSundance Apartment Homes - Google Maps_LI.jpg
    InkedSundance Apartment Homes - Google Maps_LI.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics