TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's making people lean towards a teen-ager?

Is there anything specific that points that way?
I dont think anything specific indicates a teenager. But....

Working on the statistics that a possible perpertrator is very likely to be male, male teenagers are far easier to screen than adults. Aggression or sexual deviancy by a teenager that is not criminal per se is likely to get noticed and documented by school staff or perhaps staff at a refugee intake center.

Meanwhile, as adults are accountable to far fewer people and have the ability to rove further, it would probably take actual arrests for an adult to be documented as a problem person.

So.... I am thinking that one might as well start casting the net in the smaller and shallower male teenager pond first. Then, move on to the larger and deeper adult lake.

We need someone in local LE who is adept at communicating with teens/gang types to talk to the local youth. Perps, especially young Perps brag. I speculate the outcome is known to more than a few.
I think that is a good point regarding the use of police and the potential for bragging of some sort.

Maybe cast multiple nets regarding a possible disturbed teenager: Police, school staff, refugee re-settlement staff, discrete inquiries with other teens about other teens etc.

A negative result will not necessarily eliminate the possibility of a male teen ager as one could be disturbed and flying under the radar. But.... my bet is that the net casting pull in some teens of interest that could well warrant further investigation.

We need someone in local LE who is adept at communicating with teens/gang types to talk to the local youth. Perps, especially young Perps brag. I speculate the outcome is known to more than a few.

search abandoned buildings close by.

amateur opinion and speculation
I'm sure that local police know this and are talking with people.

I heard that they do not think this is an abduction. Is that true?

They're treating it as an abduction without saying it's an abduction...

I don't know their rationale. The police chief has been questioned numerous times about it, so he's saying their treating it the same as an abduction.

Colorado fires put a stop to me flying to TX to help with the search. My daughters bf lost brand new home yesterday but is safe in hotel. I’m staying back to help with grandkids while daughter heads to Colorado with her parents. When it rains it pours… My prayers are that Lina is found soon and that I won’t need to assist in a search. I’m praying so hard for her family. Wth is going on in this world anymore? Is no one safe?
I’m sorry to hear your daughter’s bf is one of the hundreds that lost their home yesterday in the fire. Wildfires aren’t unusual there and people in mountains and foothills know it’s a risk. But this fire took out neighborhoods no-one ever dreamed would be at risk. I have good friends who were among the 30,000 that had to evacute, some woth only a moments notice. The area is flat, developed, not many trees. The most destructive fire in CO state history yet blessedly as of mid-day no-one had been killed, seriously injured or reported missing and not found to be OK. Given the speed and voracity of the fire it’s a miracle in the midst of this terrible tragedy.

Not related to Lina, but as WS is a group of people who clearly care about others I think everyone should know that kind of fire is very rare but can happen anyplace where high winds can knock down power lines and a spark catches dry ground. If you or your loved ones haven’t ever thought about what you’d take if you had to suddenly evacuate, it’s well worth doing as is preparing a “go bag” if you’re so inclined. And remember to include a plan to evacuate pets too.

Last edited:

I don't know their rationale. The police chief has been questioned numerous times about it, so he's saying their treating it the same as an abduction.

I've seen many "missing persons" cases that take a long time to "rename" as abductions and I've never understood the rationale but it's common, unless there was a witness or video showing the person being pulled into a car, etc. Also, each department seems to have their own rationale when it comes to "naming" the investigation.

Of course, this investigative team has tremendous resources (F.B.I. etc) and their only goal is to find Lina.

I have great faith in this team and I can only imagine how much information they've already scrutinized (videos, interviews, searches, etc.)

This Police Chief has answered this question in the best way I've seen so far, as you've posted,

JMO

Last edited:
Then factor in that holes are almost always "two way streets". That possible hole also makes it easier for say, teenagers to cross from one complex to the other with out going through gates and possibly by manager's offices etc.

Exploring the possibility of a troubled teenager, teenage males in both complexes should be identified via leasing contracts. Inquiries can also be made regarding possible long term "guests" who are not officially on leases. Then consult with schools or refugee agencies to identify "known to be aggressive" individuals and perhaps "bad vibes" type individuals.

In the end, the population density is going to be tough. Though Sundance looks smaller, there could be close to 600 units between Villas and Sundance alone. I imagine a lot of leases could include male teenagers. Then factor in other males.

This is in sharp contrast to a horrible crime involving a teenage perpetrator that occurred in a nearby town to me. The police quickly homed in on a disturbed youth type suspect. But the homing was made easier by a far lower population density that led to few disturbed youths- and made one in particular stand out that much more clearly.
It occurs to me that the week Lina went missing there were probably quite a few teenagers staying at either complex that don’t regularly live there. Many schools were already out for the holidays and it’s not uncommon for youth to spend Cheistmas with a non-custodial parent. And if that parent had to work during the day the teenager might be largely unsupervised at the time Lina went missing.

ETA: It also occurred to me that she disappeared at a time when many people would be returning from work. I’d expect more residents to be in the parking lots than usual at 5:00 on a Monday. Which means a greater likelihood someone abducting her might be seen. It doesn’t soumd like anyone noticed her, but perhaps a dash-cam caught something.

Last edited:

The article is short on details
It says they "speak a rare Afghan dialect. " They speak Pashto, which is the common language in Afghanistan.

As the search for missing 3-year-old Lina Sardar Khil enters its second week, the FBI has identified an 18-minute gap from the time she was last seen on video until her family noticed she was no longer on the playground at their gated apartment complex

Justin Garris, acting special agent in charge of the FBI San Antonio Field Office, said investigators are seeking the public’s help to learn where Lina was from 4:49 p.m. to 5:07 p.m. on the day she went missing. He said there was no “visibility” of Lina during that stretch of time.

Lina’s parents reported her missing at about 7 p.m. Dec. 20. Her mother had stepped away for a brief moment as Lina was on a playground at the Villas Del Cabo apartments, 9400 Fredricksburg Road, when she vanished. The apartment complex is a gated community, although the entrances are always open.

“A lot of the tips that we have acquired are from outside that 18-minute window,” Garris said. “Any information or leads or anything they (the public) can provide us during that 18-minute window would be of huge value to the San Antonio police and FBI.”

FBI seeks help in case of missing girl - San Antonio Express, 12/29/2021

The article is short on details
It says they "speak a rare Afghan dialect. " They speak Pashto, which is the common language in Afghanistan.

As the search for missing 3-year-old Lina Sardar Khil enters its second week, the FBI has identified an 18-minute gap from the time she was last seen on video until her family noticed she was no longer on the playground at their gated apartment complex

Justin Garris, acting special agent in charge of the FBI San Antonio Field Office, said investigators are seeking the public’s help to learn where Lina was from 4:49 p.m. to 5:07 p.m. on the day she went missing. He said there was no “visibility” of Lina during that stretch of time.

Lina’s parents reported her missing at about 7 p.m. Dec. 20. Her mother had stepped away for a brief moment as Lina was on a playground at the Villas Del Cabo apartments, 9400 Fredricksburg Road, when she vanished. The apartment complex is a gated community, although the entrances are always open.

“A lot of the tips that we have acquired are from outside that 18-minute window,” Garris said. “Any information or leads or anything they (the public) can provide us during that 18-minute window would be of huge value to the San Antonio police and FBI.”

FBI seeks help in case of missing girl - San Antonio Express, 12/29/2021

I meant to draw attention to the fact that they said they do not think she was abducted.

I meant to draw attention to the fact that they said they do not think she was abducted.
Please listen to what the Chief said in the latest press conference (third video in the link below). They do not have any evidence of an abduction.

Beginning at the 2:40 mark in the video:

"We're still investigating it as a missing person unless evidence would lead us to believe otherwise."

At 3:12:

"If we suspected foul play, the investigation would turn. But right now, we don't have enough to lead us in that direction."

Officers, K-9 units continue to search for Lina Khil after she went missing 8 days ago | KABB (foxsanantonio.com)

This is MOO, but since Lina didn't speak English, I think it had to be a quick grab and go abduction, someone with a car, which leads more me more toward an adult perp. If she was lured, I think it would have to be by someone within her community and I think it would be solved by now if that was the case.

Again, MOO, and I could be totally wrong. We've seen teen-agers do some some oddly sophisticated crimes. The kid in Scotland who snatched the girl out of her dad's house, for instance.

I’m afraid I started that line of thought when I posted yesterday that Lina’s case reminds me too much of Maddy Middleton and Jenise Wright who were taken by teen boys in the same complex they lived in and were known by their families. Nothing specific about this case, except a cute little girl living where lots of teens probably live and it brought back chilling memories. But I do think it’s an avenue worth pursuing for LE. And I hope there is no similarity and that she is found safe like the little girl taken from the camping tent in Australia.

This is MOO, but since Lina didn't speak English, I think it had to be a quick grab and go abduction, someone with a car, which leads more me more toward an adult perp. If she was lured, I think it would have to be by someone within her community and I think it would be solved by now if that was the case.

Again, MOO, and I could be totally wrong. We've seen teen-agers do some some oddly sophisticated crimes. The kid in Scotland who snatched the girl out of her dad's house, for instance.

Perhaps an aside, but has it been stated that Lena doesn't speak English? I would expect that she does, as she's lived most of her life in the US. I haven't seen it stated either way, but certainly haven't read exhaustively.

Wondering if there is a law that prohibits calling it an abduction if there is no evidence.

Wondering if there is a law that prohibits calling it an abduction if there is no evidence.
Not that I know of.

The FBI has their Child Abduction Rapid Deployment team involved.

I think without a general idea of a "suspect" or many clues, he just can't say much without causing more headaches than he already has.

Reporter: "Do you believe Lina was abducted"
Chief: "Yes"
Reporter: "Who did it? What car do they drive? What does he look like? When will you get them off the streets? Is San Antonio safe?"

Endless barrage of questions with absolutely no answers......

San Antonio: "Help...Panic...Baby Killer on the lose!!...Everyone calls 911 every time a funny looking man is in a neighborhood. Moms find where all the sex offenders live and attack their homes.

I think he just doesn't want to create more problems than he already has.

Last edited:
LE say they have no evidence of an abduction in the case of Summer Moon, yet the amber alert still remains in effect months after her disappearance.

Why was Lina's amber alert cancelled? What criteria did it meet originally only then to be classified as missing upon further investigation?

I don't believe that decision had anything to do with the publics response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654