TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I know of.

The FBI has their Child Abduction Rapid Deployment team involved.

I think without a general idea of a "suspect" or many clues, he just can't say much without causing more headaches than he already has.

Reporter: "Do you believe Lina was abducted"
Chief: "Yes"
Reporter: "Who did it? What car do they drive? What does he look like? When will you get them off the streets? Is San Antonio safe?"

Endless barrage of questions with absolutely no answers......

San Antonio: "Help...Panic...Baby Killer on the lose!!...Everyone calls 911 every time a funny looking man is in a neighborhood. Moms find where all the sex offenders live and attack their homes.

I think he just doesn't want to create more problems than he already has.
I'm missing your link? Could you share?

I am not leaning towards the suspect being a teenager---but I am open to the possibility because I have seen it play out that way several times.

I think young girls are drawn to and have trust in older kids. They have older brothers and cousins that look after them and so they feel comfortable with them. And I think it looks 'normal' to see a 15 or 16 yr old with a 5 yr old, walking along the sidewalk. So many big brothers walk their younger siblings home, etc. It probably wouldn't look out of place to a passerby.

Personally, I fear that the garbage array of free *advertiser censored* online has screwed up some of our young males. JMO

@swanniee11
Much of that was MOO..as to why he had not stated that Lina was abducted.

Group pitches in to search for S.A. toddler - San Antonio Express, 12/31/2021

The FBI has a child abduction rapid deployment team, along with forensic examiners, working on the case and they say they are still receiving tips.
Search Continues For Missing Texas 3-Year-Old Lina Khil

From December 20th
The FBI's Child Abduction Rapid Deployment has been called in to assist, even though it is not yet considered an abduction, McManus said.
San Antonio police treating 3-year-old's disappearance as a missing person case, not an abduction

From last Friday;

“We are not treating this as an abduction right now," San Antonio Police Chief William McManus said Wednesday afternoon. "We are treating it as a missing person. The longer the time lapses, the less hopeful we become.”

On Friday, McManus provided more context, saying there's no potential abduction suspect authorities are currently searching for but otherwise using the resources which would be used in an abduction investigation.
The search for Lina Khil: What we know | kvue.com

If she was abducted: She is likely not very far.
Unfortunately, the survival rate is not good.
It could have been someone she knew or recognized.

I heard an interesting hypothetical scenario from an Afghan woman:
In Afghanistan people who have disputes with people sometimes "take one of their kids" temporarily. After a few days, they return the kid unharmed. (Afghanistan is sort of a "lawless place" and people take matters into their own hands). She's afraid if this has happened, the family that has Lina is now freaking out because all of the police presence. They feel they can't return Lina. In Afghanistan, this is not considered a crime. However all of a sudden these people are bombarded with signs, heavy police presence and Lina's picture everywhere.

Maybe law enforcement is looking into this option and trying to keep accusations low key. They may not want the "kidnappers" to freak out even more and harm Lina.

It would be great and awesome if Lina was "temporarily being kept with a family"....

I kinda doubt and so does she...but she said that does happen over there....
It is not really considered a crime in Afghanistan.
It's just a different culture

No link...
Just an "outside the box scenario"

I'm not saying this is what happened to Lina, but you never know........

Last edited:
"It's just a different culture" to be legally allowed to abduct someone's child? Well anyway, you move to a new country, you follow the law there - not to mention don't traumatize children.
I hope she is safe with someone, though. They could think of a safe way to get her back to her family.

Perhaps an aside, but has it been stated that Lena doesn't speak English? I would expect that she does, as she's lived most of her life in the US. I haven't seen it stated either way, but certainly haven't read exhaustively.

In the YouTube interview with Lina's father's acquaintance, Ezat, that was linked earlier in the thread, he said that Lina does not speak English. The question is at 9:36 in the video.

"It's just a different culture" to be legally allowed to abduct someone's child? Well anyway, you move to a new country, you follow the law there - not to mention don't traumatize children.
I hope she is safe with someone, though. They could think of a safe way to get her back to her family.

Absolutely, it's illegal here. If this happened, the person should have known it was totally illegal.

This was just a hypothetical from someone who is from Afghanistan.

Nobody has any idea if this happened. She was just throwing this out there.
There is no proof that this is what law enforcement is thinking.

People do weird things in countries that don't have good legal structure. It's everyone out for themselves.
My grandparents were from a country like that.

I normally refrain from hypotheticals on Websleuths. I'm an Occam Razor's type. Plus I don't like to spread off-track, ideas, but she said that, so I just put that out there.
It's a one time thought.

Last edited:
Please listen to what the Chief said in the latest press conference (third video in the link below). They do not have any evidence of an abduction.

Beginning at the 2:40 mark in the video:

"We're still investigating it as a missing person unless evidence would lead us to believe otherwise."

At 3:12:

"If we suspected foul play, the investigation would turn. But right now, we don't have enough to lead us in that direction."

Officers, K-9 units continue to search for Lina Khil after she went missing 8 days ago | KABB (foxsanantonio.com)

All that physical searching yet no sign of her. No blood drops or clothing scraps to indicate a wild animal dragged her off. No crop circles to suggest she was beamed up by aliens. Tracking dogs and cadaever dogs can’t find her. Not a single sighting by anyone, anywhere after her mother noticed her missing.

Sometimes the absense of evidence is in itself evidence.

JMO

I know that there is no EVIDENCE that Lina was abducted at this point, but it definitely seems like a possibility.

Someone linked to an interesting study into child abduction on another thread. It was completed in 1993 by the LE in Washington state, so it is an old study, but still offered valuable insights, IMO.

Key findings, and the entire report can be found here:
Child Abduction Murder Research | Washington State

If anyone knows of more recent research, plmk.

I know that there is no EVIDENCE that Lina was abducted at this point, but it definitely seems like a possibility.

Someone linked to an interesting study into child abduction on another thread. It was completed in 1993 by the LE in Washington state, so it is an old study, but still offered valuable insights, IMO.

Key findings, and the entire report can be found here:
Child Abduction Murder Research | Washington State

If anyone knows of more recent research, plmk.

2019 Article and some stats:
"
Kidnapped children make headlines, but abduction is rare in U.S."
Kidnapped children make headlines, but abduction is rare in U.S.

Amber Alert stats:
https://www.missingkids.org/content/dam/missingkids/pdfs/amber/2019 Annual AMBER Report and Map Final.pdf

Facts & Stats - Child Find of America

Missing and Exploited Children | Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited:
Absence of Evidence - I can think of several unsolved cases close to my heart where there was no evidence. In some, it is suspected someone close to the victim was involved - Kyron Horman & Hailey Dunn. But in others - Lindsey Baum for instance, no one had a clue who took her. She simply vanished off the street on her walk home from a friends.

If someone lured Lina, maybe with candy for example. Then walked her out to a car in that nearby parking area. They could be out of the complex in less than three minutes. There would be no evidence, it's as simple as that. No scream, shoe which fell off, witness -nothing. She simply vanished.

Wesley Allan Dodd - Dodd planned his entire life around easy access to "targets", as he referred to children. He moved into an apartment block that housed families with children, and worked at fast-food restaurants, as a charity truck driver, and other such jobs. He repeatedly molested the pre-school-aged children of a neighbour, but the woman declined to press charges, fearing the experience would be too traumatic for her children.
Westley Allan Dodd - Wikipedia

I bring up Dodd, because I recently heard a podcast where members of LE interviewed him. There are still monsters just like him living among us, that's the most frightening part.

The thought of someone taking Lina as a terroristic threat and now not being able to return her is intriguing. But I just don't think that's what we're looking at here with a young female child. I'd love to be proven wrong.

All that physical searching yet no sign of her. No blood drops or clothing scraps to indicate a wild animal dragged her off. No crop circles to suggest she was beamed up by aliens. Tracking dogs and cadaever dogs can’t find her. Not a single sighting by anyone, anywhere after her mother noticed her missing.

Sometimes the absense of evidence is in itself evidence.

JMO

I'm not sure what you think is most likely, but there is a long list of missing children in my mind in which no one actually witnessed the abduction, no dogs were able to maintain a scent trail, yet it's obviously what happened to the child.

With Lina having been witnessed by others at the playground, I don't know what else could have happened to her, unfortunately.

5 yo Michael "Monkey" Vaughan seems to have vanished into thin air.
This was on July 27, 2021.
There is no evidence.

Police basically stated he was missing and endangered for several months. I think since he lived several hundred yards from a corn field, they thought he had wandered off. They searched and searched and nothing.

Then in November, they said he is likely abducted. (I think they finally ruled out all the other possibilities)

They still don't have evidence of an abduction. But that doesn't mean that he wasn't.

New photos released as search for missing 5-year old Michael Vaughan hits one month mark

Lina's Amber Alert says that she is abducted.

I'm not sure what you think is most likely, but there is a long list of missing children in my mind in which no one actually witnessed the abduction, no dogs were able to maintain a scent trail, yet it's obviously what happened to the child.

With Lina having been witnessed by others at the playground, I don't know what else could have happened to her, unfortunately.
In some cases, I have suspected parental involvement right off the bat - too many to recap. In this case, I don't get that feeling at all. So I agree, abduction is the most likely scenario unfortunately. Furthermore, it seems there are no cameras in the complex which aided the abductor and hinders the investigation. Muttering to myself - it should be State law that cameras be installed in all complexes nation-wide.

Last edited:
While anything is possible, the statistics I posted upthread imply it is more likely that she wandered off. However, I wonder how those stats would differ based on initial location (dense urban, rural, suburbs) and proximity to felons. IWT that LE has a "probability calculator" that takes all these factors (and many others) in to account when determining the direction in a missing persons case.

Children can move at an astonishing rate and cover a lot of territory. She could have disappeared following a cat, butterfly, just about anything. Of course, this doesn't even consider a Perp. In dense living conditions with the ability to easily surveil children, this is always a consideration.

I am going to do an aerial "fly by" with maps, and see if anything in particular jumps out at me.

Amateur opinion and speculation

In some cases, I have suspected parental involvement right off the bat - too many to recap. In this case, I don't get that feeling at all. So I agree, abduction is the most likely scenario unfortunately. Furthermore, it seems there are no cameras in the complex which aided the abductor and hinders the investigation. Muttering to myself - it should be State law that cameras be installed in all complexes nation-wide.

Paid for by the government (they could easily afford it).

5 yo Michael "Monkey" Vaughan seems to have vanished into thin air.
This was on July 27, 2021.
There is no evidence.

Police basically stated he was missing and endangered for several months. I think since he lived several hundred yards from a corn field, they thought he had wandered off. They searched and searched and nothing.

Then in November, they said he is likely abducted. (I think they finally ruled out all the other possibilities)

They still don't have evidence of an abduction. But that doesn't mean that he wasn't.

New photos released as search for missing 5-year old Michael Vaughan hits one month mark

Lina's Amber Alert says that she is abducted.
They have a man and a car unaccounted for in the Michael Vaughan case.

They concentrated the search around Michael's neighbourhood at the beginning as they do with most cases. Multiple agencies are involved and a thorough investigation is still ongoing.

They had hundreds of cars to identify, houses to search and CCTV to go over. RSO's have also been fully vetted and everyone in the family and neighbourhood has been interviewed and re-interviewed.

This I believe was the reason they took so long to announce that they think he was abducted. It isn't for lack of evidence.

LE pushed for an Amber Alert but it didn't meet the criteria, for reasons unknown.

I did a quick "fly over" the area, and what jumped out at me is that there are *two* Public Storage places very close to that apartment. (One on either side, equidistant). I hope LE checks the in and out log at both places for that time period.

amateur opinion and speculation

I did a quick "fly over" the area, and what jumped out at me is that there are *two* Public Storage places very close to that apartment. (One on either side, equidistant). I hope LE checks the in and out log at both places for that time period.

Those storage places have been searched, along with their video cameras and with canines.

Those storage places have been searched, along with their video cameras and with canines.
Thank you - well apparently LE is on it!
I just watched a clip of a search where the father was participating. It mentioned he is out of work. Do we know what type of work he, or the mother do? (Looking for any connection)

BTW, are there any other children? Were they playing with Lina prior to her disappearance, or any neighbor kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member