TX - *LOCATED* Barefoot woman seen on surveillance video, Montgomery County, 24 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course hospitals use locking restraints. Otherwise, they're not actually restraints. I'm not sure if I've understood what you mean though. Restraints lock. Staff has keys to lock and unlock them and are assigned to monitor the patient one on one at an arms length away for safety BECAUSE they are locked.
Hospitals do not use locking restraints. No patients are locked to beds. Patients can asphyxiate while in restraints and the restraints must be able to be quickly removed. That's why there are no locks and therefore, no keys. Psychiatric facilities do not assign staff to stand at arm's length from a patient in restraints. If a psych patient is put in leather restraints (that fastens like a belt), the patient is placed in a seclusion room which the nurses watch from closed system television. (Patients put into restraints like to spit on nurses.) The patient's restraints and circulation are monitored and charted every 15 minutes.

Did these quick on my phone.

Holy mackerel. Crazy how a super creepy photo gets even more creepy when you edited it. I agree 100% it looks like a broken handcuff with a chain tail hanging off. IMO it takes ALOT to break a cuff chain. I had this dreadful sales job that took me to State and Federal prisons and I always got the grand tour. There were broken cuffs in the contraband museum from a man who acted out to remain cuffed in the 80’s and he slowly broke through the chain by scratching it over and over on a rough piece of wall. It’s possible but it takes a long time and she looks too well fed to have been in captivity for too terribly long. Unless he/she is a fabulous cook. Idk what to think anymore.

Once again....these may be called "medical restraints" on some Internet site, but healthcare facilities, including psychiatric residential treatment facilities in North America, do not use locking restraints. Each state has very specific laws regarding the use of restraints. Locking restraints were "outlawed" almost a century ago in the 1930s.

Well they are certainly mentioned here in an article posted in 2015.

Choosing the right restraint - American Nurse Today

Soft limb restraints are preferred, but locked cuff restraints can be used if soft restraints prove ineffective.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around this one. One thought I had tonight, maybe she’s an Ambien sleeper who is active hence the restraints due to having repeat issues. The purposeful but not running pace, the confusion, the clean looking t-shirt as pajamas, no shoes. I took the stuff briefly and don’t recall at all driving to the gym. Literally woke up on the treadmill with no idea how I got there. My stepson drove to school with me riding and then I drove to the gym apparently. No recollection. I know if I had been out running around the neighborhood instead of just driving I’m not too sure I would come forward, if I remembered doing it (although I think I would at least let the police know unless I had no memory of it). However, that would also mean she’s from the neighborhood and you would think someone would recognize the length of hair at least. Even if she lives alone, neighbors wonder about it. Just a thought I hadn’t seen mentioned.

I really hope this isn’t nefarious. It is Houston area, crazy things happen down here. Makes me glad I’m neighbors with a county sheriff but I also have a Doberman and personal protection. Also after that incident I got rid of the rest of the Rx and never asked for it again.

BBM Oh my gosh! Panic attack city! Although I wish I could do cardio and burn calories in my sleep...

Well they are certainly mentioned here in an article posted in 2015.

Choosing the right restraint - American Nurse Today
Locked cuff restraints are velcro. They do not have metal. They do not have a lock and key. They are TIED so the nurse can untie them quickly if the patient begins to vomit, is asphyxiating, or there is a fire.

Here is a video where you can see wrist restraints that are used in USA hospitals. Yes, leather restraints can be used on very violent patients, but they do not lock with a key.

Last edited:
Thank you.

Please read my post on how patients being restrained can be untied so they can sit up and vomit if they are nauseated to avoid aspiration of vomitus. They must also be untied during transport from the ambulance stryker to the ER's bed/stryker. If the belligerent ambulance patient is drunk or high and chooses to leave triage after being untied from restraints, the hospital will not notify LE. It is not against the law to refuse treatment from a hospital.

Again - a person who actively requires restraints, regardless of whether it is MH/SA-related or otherwise, is an imminent danger to him/herself or others by definition, and WILL NOT be leaving a medical facility voluntarily, and certainly not without a physician notifying law enforcement immediately. That someone has drugs or alcohol in his/her system that is causing the need for restraints is of little consequence, because they too aren't going anywhere until they are deemed in control of their own person.

JMO.

I just used the keywords in her post on Google. Street, the first name she listed and the word arrest.
It was the fourth result on the search.
The person i found that was living in that subdivision that had been arrested in 2016,and that also looks like the girl in the video,could still be living in the subdivision and someone could be holding her hostage.I sent the address and her info to Montgomery Sheriff,hopefully they check into it.The property hasnt been sold since 2013.The person that owns the property is a friend of hers.

Last edited:
Again - a person who actively requires restraints, regardless of whether it is MH/SA-related or otherwise, is an imminent danger to him/herself or others by definition, and WILL NOT be leaving a medical facility voluntarily, and certainly not without a physician notifying law enforcement immediately. That someone has drugs or alcohol in his/her system that is causing the need for restraints is of little consequence, because they aren't going anywhere either until they are deemed in control of their own person.

JMO.
FWIW, I have a family member who was restrained in his hospital bed as he was both beligerent and a fall risk. He escaped the restraints and left the hospital. He was found walking down the highway in his hospital gown.

jmo

FWIW, I have a family member who was restrained in his hospital bed as he was both beligerent and a fall risk. He escaped the restraints and left the hospital. He was found walking down the highway in his hospital gown.

jmo

Escapes can happen, but they aren't leaving voluntarily. And certainly not without LE being notified.

JMO.

Escapes can happen, but they aren't leaving voluntarily. And certainly not without LE being notified.

JMO.
Well, in my family member's case, it was a voluntary escape. He fully meant to leave the hospital and was walking home! But, I hear ya. I'm not trying to be disagreeable - just pointing out that I know escapes happen.

I don't happen to think this particular woman escaped from any medical facility at all. Just my opinion.

jmo

jmo

I don't know what hospital your family member was in, but they are quacks. It is absolutely not normal hospital policy to restrain fall risk patients. They use bed alarms for that. If your family member had been in a competent hospital, they would have been watching him, and would have known the second he got out of bed.

Enough with the arguments about the restraints, okay? Please stop being snarky to each other and respect the rules of WS.

How about we refocus on the possibility that this woman is a victim. Despite it making international news rather quickly, it has already dropped off the top trending stories. Let's not let this be another buried news story.

Apparently the mystery woman went to five houses. rbbm.
Chilling 'final' CCTV of bare-foot woman running from door-to-door at 3am wearing wrist shackles before vanishing without a trace
"The authorities are also reviewing other home surveillance video to figure out where she might have been headed
Cops said: "Numerous citizens in the state and outside have sent missing persons flyers suggesting the women in the video is a missing person from their area.

"Deputies and Detectives are reviewing these flyers for any similarities, but as of now none are believed to be the women in the video."

Perhaps we're misreading the primary signifier - in this case, the restraints, or what appear to be restraints. Why is it, exactly, that we assume the woman did not purchase these herself and then concoct a scenario in which they would be misread? When we are encouraged to jump to conclusions - too often we jump to conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member