TX - *LOCATED* Barefoot woman seen on surveillance video, Montgomery County, 24 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: sorry again for the PC brain fart, confusion, etc...I’m really overloaded at work and in so many threads and scanning to keep up!

No worries Margarita, the PC just happened now as we were posting here! This is all new information, you aren't behind. It's scary stuff. Almost scarier when it's DV: the monsters you know, etc.

Here is an article from a news station down there. Sorry, I've been lurking. Glad she is safe. I'm not going to lie, this haunted me to my core.

Also interesting that in this article, it states that she drove herself to Dallas after returning to the home she shared with Collins. I wonder why she didn't drive herself there in the first place and cut out the doorbell-ringing step? Not judging, just wondering.

Things to know about the mysterious woman in doorbell video

“Police said during a press conference Wednesday that information in a suicide note helped confirm the woman's connection to the man. At the time, they did not elaborate on why they believe she is the victim of domestic violence.

The couple had been living together in the subdivision, but neighbors told the Houston Chroniclethey rarely went outside and talked to other residents.”

“The woman's boyfriend, who deputies identified as 49-year-old Dennis Ray Collins, was found dead Wednesday inside a home in the neighborhood. Authorities believe he committed suicide by self-inflicted gunshot.

The sheriff's office said there was evidence inside the home that matched elements of the doorbell video. In addition, deputies were able to locate and confirm the safety of the woman through her relatives in Dallas County.

When Texas Rangers contacted the woman, they confirmed with her that she was indeed the person seen in the video that has spawned worldwide interest.“

Any idea why there are two different stories coming out about the circumstances, both by LE? Yesterday they were saying that she escaped twice, on Friday and Wednesday, and now they're saying she left, rang the doorbells, returned to the house of her own volition (or at least that's my understanding), and then somehow got to Dallas that same night?

Any idea why there are two different stories coming out about the circumstances, both by LE? Yesterday they were saying that she escaped twice, on Friday and Wednesday, and now they're saying she left, rang the doorbells, returned to the house of her own volition (or at least that's my understanding), and then somehow got to Dallas that same night?

Maybe she was sneaking out at night when he was sleeping or working? Or maybe Stockholm Syndrome?

Maybe poor woman felt shame and felt like she had nowhere to turn. Maybe this was something that was eacalating. Idk, I have no further interest in information about the victim, rather the perp.

Last edited:
Maybe she was sneaking out an night when he was sleeping or working? Or maybe Stockholm Syndrome?

Maybe poor woman felt shame and felt like she had nowhere to turn.

Maybe...or maybe they got more accurate information later than they had at first...or maybe they're fudging the details for their own reasons that we're not privy to...I just wonder about it, is all.

I think it’s legal for his criminal history to be listed since he has been named by msm as the perp in a SA case, in which the victim was the subject of this thread. I’ll flag a mod though to make sure his mugshots and arrest pages can be linked.

ETA: I’ve flagged a mod.

Maybe poor woman felt shame and felt like she had nowhere to turn. Maybe this was something that was eacalating. Idk, I have no further interest in information about the victim, rather the perp.

Who knows? I'm just wondering about the circumstances.

Does anyone else get really tired after reading about one of these cases sort of obsessively? I think I need a nap.

Here is an article from a news station down there. Sorry, I've been lurking. Glad she is safe. I'm not going to lie, this haunted me to my core.

From the above link:

“The woman told authorities that she broke free, rang on two doorbells and returned to the home she shared with her boyfriend. She then drove to her relatives in the Dallas-Fort Worth area early Saturday morning where she has been since.“

I think it’s legal for his criminal history to be listed since he has been named by msm as the perp in a SA case, in which the victim was the subject of this thread. I’ll flag a mod though to make sure his mugshots and arrest pages can be linked.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is my understanding the lady in the surveillance video is the girlfriend (?) of the male who took his own life. She has remained anonymous here in the current situation, but posting his mugshot from when she was the victim in a prior SA case could lead to identifying her.

While the mug shot and history is public information, it's just not something we want to do out of respect for this individual.

The same victim in both cases?

Also interesting that in this article, it states that she drove herself to Dallas after returning to the home she shared with Collins. I wonder why she didn't drive herself there in the first place and cut out the doorbell-ringing step? Not judging, just wondering.

I can think of a number of scenarios that would make sense here. Since she was in restraints, he was obviously obsessed with controlling & knowing her whereabouts at all times. Meaning, not only did he have her in restraints, he probably wouldn’t allow her to get to her car keys, either by hiding them somewhere, keeping them in another room or a safe. She likely couldn’t quickly gain access to both her car and her keys while he was around.

Being that she was in restraints, she had to have broken free while he wasn’t paying attention. Had he stepped out of the room briefly (i.e. to grab a drink, to grab something from another room, or for the bathroom)? In this case, she had seconds before he would be back. So finding the keys in another room & getting to her car (possibly parked inside the garage) wasn’t an option. So, she broke her restraints in secret and ran out the nearest door or window. This would have only given her a small head start before he realized & took off after her.

Or in another scenario, if he had fallen asleep next to her, she might have worked quietly for hours in the dark (since it was 3 A.M. that she was spotted on camera knocking on doors) trying to break her restraints while also trying not to wake him. Maybe he was a heavy enough sleeper that she was able to get out the closest door or window before he awoke. Or maybe she spent hours breaking the restraints while he slept, and knew that her moving would wake him up. So, she woke him up and said she needed something (a drink, Tylenol, SOMETHING!) to get time to get out a door and run.

She was probably risking her life to make the escape (statistically, abused women are most often killed by their partner during an escape or just following an escape). If he caught her she probably would have been punished, probably would be tied in a way that would make it nearly impossible for her to get away again, or possibly even killed. There was no way she was going to be able to leave that relationship peacefully. He knew he had committed crimes & if he ever allowed her to break up with him, he knew he would be in legal trouble and likely would go to prison. So he likely ruthlessly guarded & controlled her every move, because his life depended on her never telling anyone.

So, assuming she had only seconds to get away before he realized she had fled. Imagine if her car was in the garage, and he had her keys in a drawer in another room. Since she was being restrained (likely in some type of bedroom) he may have stepped out of the room to get something. She may have literary had seconds to break away & jump out a window or door. Maybe while ringing doorbells and hiding in neighboring bushes, she spotted his van out looking for her (but he didn’t see her). She might have known where he kept her keys, realized while he was out looking for her, she could use the opportunity he was out of the house to to run back to the house, grab her keys, escape with her car. It was probably all very risky for her & she was likely in a do or die situation. She may have kept running to homes to seek help, but seeing his car was missing, she might have realized she was able to escape with her car to safety.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member