TX - *LOCATED* Barefoot woman seen on surveillance video, Montgomery County, 24 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, not a hoax at all, this poor lady was in real trouble. Sounds like she was being held most likely and escaped that night. She either went back home or he captured her and then when the story went viral... he committed suicide knowing that time was running out before he was in jail? She is back home with family in Dallas. What a sad story, but so happy she is safe now.

Mystery Woman Who Rang Doorbell and Vanished Is Safe — But Was Abused, as Boyfriend Dies by Suicide
Authorities said at a press conference he sustained a single gunshot wound.

“Before doing so he left several notes connecting him to the female who appeared to be wearing restraints,” a press release from the sheriff’s office states. “The male indicated that he did this in response to the national attention given to the situation among a few other things not yet disclosed.”

The woman was not on the scene of her boyfriend’s death, Lieutenant Scott Spencer of the sheriff’s office announced at the Wednesday press conference.
A sheriff’s office spokesman tells PEOPLE that deputies spoke by phone to the woman, who was in Dallas, and were planning to schedule a face-to-face meeting with her.

Your first pic is literally just blur. Maybe you can mark up and circle where you see these two faces in order to help others see as well. And why would she have a lanyard with a metal chain on each hand? A quick google search (but heads up NSFW so clutch your pearls) will show you numerous bondage restraints that have chains like that.

I couldn't just like this I had to say that your " clutch your pearls" was the best line I've read in quite a while! Thank you

I don't know if this is a good place to ask this, but I also don't know of a better one:

There are so, so many missing people out there. It breaks my heart. I know there is a database of missing people, but is there also a database of unidentified people? I'm just wondering if there's a way for people to try to work on matching them up. I feel like I've read before that there is.
Also, Doe Network...I usually will go there and pick one unidentified person and try to match him or her to someone listed in the Charley Project.

Wow. Didn't expect to read she has been found safe. Good news!

Great news. Whew.

Glad to hear this. So many cases turn out bad.

Hope we can find out the story about what the deal was. Once the public invests time to try to help I do think some sort of explanation should be shared by either the victim or LE. Doesnt have to go into too much detail but cases like this I do feel they owe a summary of what the deal was.

Because if they dont then in future the public is less apt to want to help.

Wow, not a hoax at all, this poor lady was in real trouble. Sounds like she was being held most likely and escaped that night. She either went back home or he captured her and then when the story went viral... he committed suicide knowing that time was running out before he was in jail? She is back home with family in Dallas. What a sad story, but so happy she is safe now.

Exactly. I think he only committed suicide because he knew she escaped him and he would be in trouble.

Had she not escaped I am convinced he would have kept holding her.

So glad she got away. No telling how long he had already held her against her will.

I don't know if this is a good place to ask this, but I also don't know of a better one:

There are so, so many missing people out there. It breaks my heart. I know there is a database of missing people, but is there also a database of unidentified people? I'm just wondering if there's a way for people to try to work on matching them up. I feel like I've read before that there is.

I think this is what you are asking for. Here on WS we have "The Unidentified" thread. Link below. Has cases for bodies found and people have yet to be identified.

The Unidentified

OK, I am on my phone so I hope this works. It is a link to WS Unidentified Forum. You should be able to find lots of cases to work on there. The Unidentified

Sorry as Im catching up and just now seeing that Alice kindly already provided that link. Sorry to be repetitive.

Back to the new news about this girl being found safe. Yipppeeee

I am so relieved for this young woman. Due to her being a victim we may never know the nightmare she has gone through being locked up with this suicidal man.

She had to know it could end badly for her as well. One wrong move or one misunderstood word could have made him kill her too.

He may have toyed with her emotions telling her if she begged for help and got it that would be the only way he would let her leave.

I am so glad that the hoax unfounded speculation is over with along with so many unsupported theories implying this victim was somehow at fault herself.

It made the thread that much harder to read concerning all the unsubstantiated assumptions being made about her..

I always felt she was very stressed in the video so it's not surprising to learn she is a victim who has gone through more emotional and most likely physical trauma than anyone of us will ever know unless she decides to speak out.

My heart breaks for her. She had to be terrified being with a very unbalanced individual. Imo she knew anything could go wrong at anytime.

Praying she gets the therapy she needs to fully recover.

Last edited:
Is this location close to where the video we saw?

"officers had found her 49-year-old boyfriend dead on Wednesday morning at a house in an area 46 miles north of Houston."

Boyfriend of woman seen ringing Texas doorbell while wearing wrist restraints found dead

He was found in a house a street over, and down about a block, from where the video of her ringing the doorbell was. Same neighborhood. He and the DV victim had been living there together for a few months according to LE.

I wonder who ultimately helped her? We know that she didn't get help from the house with the video but she apparently got away, I think. This is truly horrifying

I've seen speculation that he must have caught her because somewhere along the line, someone made it sound like she escaped twice--last Friday and then again on Wednesday. I don't know if that came from what LE said or not, though. I can't remember.

Perhaps she got to a place where she was able to call family to come and get her?

Glad to hear she is safe.
I am curious about the rest of the story.

Happy that it didnt turn into murder/suicide

Why did this man have medical restraints? It said he worked with boats. So did he specifically order these online, etc?

My point t is it doesn’t sound like he was in the medical industry, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay