TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they married in a small church outside of Dallas.... As per the original link here.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/06/30/2637321/she-stole-an-identity-and-took.html

The DNA article is near the bottom of the page that no match was found but nothing about ancestral DNA finding as to her heritage...

Such a shame the baby was not well taken care of in Lori's care near the end, both were under weight and weak. Such a shame!

This a good article for some facts.

SK,
If they took the time to find out medical predispositions from her DNA, I would bet they took the time to find out her "ethnic" heritage. The issue is that Velling, the Ruff family and the ST reporter has not released to the public every detail or even a lot of the information that they have. People are asking good and important basic questions and I think it would have made a huge difference if they had released some of this information, even the info that they might not think is important or relevant.

"DNA taken from the body might also help crack the case. Hair pulled from the woman's head had skin on it that helped forensic investigators learn she had one of the genes associated with coronary artery disease."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/2...tery-three-years-after-suicide/#ixzz2b8DL7BFN

SK,
If they took the time to find out medical predispositions from her DNA, I would bet they took the time to find out her "ethnic" heritage. The issue is that Velling, the Ruff family and the ST reporter has not released to the public every detail or even a lot of the information that they have. People are asking good and important basic questions and I think it would have made a huge difference if they had released some of this information, even the info that they might not think is important or relevant.

"DNA taken from the body might also help crack the case. Hair pulled from the woman's head had skin on it that helped forensic investigators learn she had one of the genes associated with coronary artery disease."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/2...tery-three-years-after-suicide/#ixzz2b8DL7BFN

Oh SP I know the issue about the lack of public knowledge in the case, yes, they could have found "ethnic heritage". And that is the exact fact i was speaking about. Release the facts at hand to receive as much help as possible. Anyway, seem to have a weird time today expressing myself. With 2 funerals and a full out headache today.... :) thanks for the link!

I keep thinking that LEK was from a less than fortunate family from Mexico, Cuba or the like, was smuggled to the U.S. and proceeded to acquire a United States stance hence the identity theft.
She was apparently not a criminal on the run....
She was apparently not a missing person per sai.... On the books.
No one looking for her.

In the article which states they ran her DNA thru the system, I'm shocked they didn't specify more info about that!
Blood type, English, Italian .....etc. DNA can actually say a lot but it seems they didn't get anything relavent .... How odd is that?

This is why the Lebaron/Chenowith angle should not be ruled out yet. It is very possible that she was born in Mexico with no birth certificate.

Can we get ant leads from this case or any of the other missing persons mentioned from washington state that apparently aren't in a database. Right time period, possibly the right State.
08-30-2005, 12:06 PM
Auggie21

Paradise said:
Ever since I read about her I've thought that it was her mother and father that did this to her, and that she wasn't a missing child.
I agree. I have a hard time working the "unidentified infant" cases because I know there is only one person who would be looking for that baby and that person put her where she was found.

There is one unidentified baby that someone could find a match for. She's on the doe network at case 295UFWA. She was about a year and a half old, found in 1987 in a river in Washington state. A body believed to be her mother was found several days later in a different river. (Grissly case, missing head and legs, legs found all the way down river in Portland.) She apparently doesn't have her own doe network file. The county has not done a DNA comparison, and there is now no money to do an exhumation.

The Seattle PI covered this case as one of their entries in the 2003 series "Without a Trace" The web link is http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...ingday25.shtml

If someone here is more experienced at posting than I am, maybe you could start your own thread on Baby Jane Doe 1987.

The Seattle PI put together a very comprehensive database of missing and unidentified people in Washington as part of their series. Many of the cases do not appear on the doe network. You may find it useful in your research.

seattlepi.nwsource.com/missing/index.asp

Note, I do not know if the data base has been updated recently. Some of the cases may have been solved.

Ok. CRAZYTOWN coincidence. Look what name pops up at 7107 w. el caballo dr. Boise ID. Crazy. It is a multi-unit address just next to the ID from boise address for FLEK..

Ok. CRAZYTOWN coincidence. Look what name pops up at 7107 w. el caballo dr. Boise ID. Crazy. It is a multi-unit address just next to the ID from boise address for FLEK..

'Wonder if a full background check would reveal anything?

I know it's a multi-unit addr but, I see a couple of attorneys' who seem to use that as their address... I just find another lawyer listing interesting.

:truce:
'Wonder if a full background check would reveal anything?

I know it's a multi-unit addr but, I see a couple of attorneys' who seem to use that as their address... I just find another lawyer listing interesting.

OMG, hint please!
:banghead:

There is a family of people with the last name of Ruff at that address. Ones name is actually Nancy! (47) just too strange.

There is a family of people with the last name of Ruff at that address. Ones name is actually Nancy! (47) just too strange.

Well, I saw B Turner and that's what I thought you meant. Both names are very interesting.

The lawyers last name is interesting. Ng
Sounds like "ing" and when I looked it up a relative was listed as Leung Ng that's dang close to Jeung Ing as on notes page. Could all be crazy brain trying to make something out of nothing.

Also there is a holly woo in Washington , Texas and California

Hi Linda9681,
I was wondering if you looked into other FLDS possibilities other than Lebaron/Cheno connections?

e.g. could FLEK simply have originated from a strict FLDS community or a Regular Mormon community somewhere on the north-west coast like say, the Sedro-Woolley region?

Yes, both addresses on Caballo Drive definitely lead to repeated names such as Turner, Robinson, etc. But what's the connection and how do/did they all seem to connect to Arizona, UT, WA and ID? Could be coincidence, or it could mean much more? Who knows. It will be interesting to see what you guys all uncover over time!

Hi Linda9681,
I was wondering if you looked into other FLDS possibilities other than Lebaron/Cheno connections?

e.g. could FLEK simply have originated from a strict FLDS community or a Regular Mormon community somewhere on the north-west coast like say, the Sedro-Woolley region?

Yes, both addresses on Caballo Drive definitely lead to repeated names such as Turner, Robinson, etc. But what's the connection and how do/did they all seem to connect to Arizona, UT, WA and ID? Could be coincidence, or it could mean much more? Who knows. It will be interesting to see what you guys all uncover over time!
Funny you say this! I just shared that idea via private message with another member on the board. There is a huge community of LDS in Idaho. It appears the Turners, Lish and Holliday families are part as well as some other name connections. VERY interesting. I have always thought the ID pic from Idaho had the " hairstyle" of the LDS ladies....or a relaxed version of it. I believe she had connections somehow to Idaho and Seattle. Just a guess from the stuff I have looked at. It is hard without posting real peoples info on here.

I have always thought the ID pic from Idaho had the " hairstyle" of the LDS ladies....or a relaxed version of it.

High five cause I thought the same darn thing.

Driving home from funerals and stuff...happy to jump back in tonight.

Glad you are back Herstory! Hope your family is doing ok

Hi Linda9681,

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedro-Woolley,_Washington

Interesting that that towns name is derived from the word Cedar according to this wiki

Linda Patterson

High five cause I thought the same darn thing.

Driving home from funerals and stuff...happy to jump back in tonight.

Yup, I thought she had a certain look as well. But where I'm from her hair style and "look" resembles the more "modern" ladies from the nearby Mennonite settlement. No cape dress and covering, but still pretty close.

I contacted Malansky, owner of Visages from the notes page. She said she could not ID FLEK, but had spoken to investigators...

Yup, I thought she had a certain look as well. But where I'm from her hair style and "look" resembles the more "modern" ladies from the nearby Mennonite settlement. No cape dress and covering, but still pretty close.

To me, it actually seems like she has a lot of natural wave/curls. I am Native American and have very wavy thick hair. Back in the 80s, I remember getting perms to straighten my hair. The 90s gave us commercial straighteners that still left some waves, then the 2000s gave us chis and ceramics. I can almost see how FLEK's hair goes through those same transitions.

Natural wave/curls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member