TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i still consider the possibility that the family does know who she was (or least has an idea of why she changed her name). i also consider the possibility that her former family knows what happened as well.

it makes sense based on the lack of push from her husband's family and the lack of a connection from elsewhere. sure it's possible no one who knew this woman during the first thirty years of her life has seen any articles or pictures about this mystery but it's also possible we are simply out of the loop. just my 2 cents.

A picture of Becky Sue Turner's father. Anyone else see some similarities??....

xqwZRw2.jpg

Yes, particularly in the mouth and cheek lines around the mouth and somewhat the nose. But everyone looks like FLEK to me now!

I'm with herstory at this point. Been off looking for Teleka Patrick instead, whom I am also giving up on.

Well well ... I do see it.
Tho, what would the real BSue want to hide? A fake death by whom?
Makes my head swirl, but his nostrils and her nostrils are close.... As is the entire area from the top lip up to the nose.
To compare with other family members would be great, but I think that is against TOS rules.
That would have to be confirmed....
BS's sister is on FB.... Don't post here but a sneek peek for comparison would help.

Can anyone confirm this? I haven't been able to locate any trace of the surviving sister.

If no one else can, it begs the question, where did she go?

Edit: Found. She's still around :)

Too bad they wrote on the notice in the newspaper that Becky Sue was mentioned twice about her birth place but no mention of Ann Marie. Must be a huge typo.
I googled 1404 Tidehaven Road Puyallup WA. No homes, only industrial buildings.

Too bad they wrote on the notice in the newspaper that Becky Sue was mentioned twice about her birth place but no mention of Ann Marie. Must be a huge typo.
I googled 1404 Tidehaven Road Puyallup WA. No homes, only industrial buildings.

Appears they meant Ann was born in Auburn.
Still, this is probably better editing than what we see in the media nowadays :)

Here's another comparison for those who saw the resemblance between BST's father and FLEK. This time, both are depicted in their mid-20's.

ZemXBks.jpg

Aa
A picture of Becky Sue Turner's father. Anyone else see some similarities??....

xqwZRw2.jpg

Definently see the similarities, they are remarkable.
However I am unsure about the rules as far as publically sleuthing the relatives of BST.
Please advise.

Yes, particularly in the mouth and cheek lines around the mouth and somewhat the nose. But everyone looks like FLEK to me now!

I'm with herstory at this point. Been off looking for Teleka Patrick instead, whom I am also giving up on.

I have to disagree, FLEK has some very unique characteristics. For what its worth Ive been quietly following this thread for many many months and have seen tons of pictures and none have jumped out at me. There have been some peoples features that FLEK seems to resemble but never have I actually seen FLEK's unique features first resembled in someone else when looking at pictures. The resemblence is absouletly remarkable. Call it hunch or whatever but those two people resemble eachother too much not to be related.

I have to disagree, FLEK has some very unique characteristics. For what its worth Ive been quietly following this thread for many many months and have seen tons of pictures and none have jumped out at me. There have been some peoples features that FLEK seems to resemble but never have I actually seen FLEK's unique features first resembled in someone else when looking at pictures. The resemblence is absouletly remarkable. Call it hunch or whatever but those two people resemble eachother too much not to be related.

Some sort of relation or closeness to the family would make her receipt of BST's birth certificate more plausible. That she had access to family documents and other information seems much more likely than a total absence of vetting by the records officials in Kern County, California.

Presently, to receive an authorized birth cert in California you have to be one of the following. I assume the requirements were similar in 1988:

- The registrant or a parent or legal guardian of the registrant.
- A party entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order, or an attorney or a licensed adoption agency seeking the birth record in order to comply with the requirements of Section 3140 or 7603 of the Family Code.
- A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business.
- A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse, or domestic partner of the registrant.
- An attorney representing the registrant or the registrant's estate, or any person or agency empowered by statute or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the registrant or the registrant's estate.

All that was needed was a notarized affidafit or sworn statement that one was an "authorized person". Perhaps the SSA investigator should canvas Notaries in King and Pierce counties to check their files from the late 80's. It's a long shot but maybe worth trying.

Some sort of relation or closeness to the family would make her receipt of BST's birth certificate more plausible. That she had access to family documents and other information seems much more likely than a total absence of vetting by the records officials in Kern County, California.

Presently, to receive an authorized birth cert in California you have to be one of the following. I assume the requirements were similar in 1988:

- A party entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order, or an attorney or a licensed adoption agency seeking the birth record in order to comply with the requirements of Section 3140 or 7603 of the Family Code.
- A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business.
- A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse, or domestic partner of the registrant.
- An attorney representing the registrant or the registrant's estate, or any person or agency empowered by statute or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the registrant or the registrant's estate.

All that was needed was a notarized affidafit or sworn statement that one was an "authorized person". Perhaps the SSA investigator should canvas Notaries in King and Pierce counties to check their files from the late 80's. It's a long shot but maybe worth trying.

Do you know if BST and her sisters share the same Mother? What brought the family to WA from CA? What caused the fire?

A while back, on one of the post series, someone had brought this up as a possible theory. They believed it was possible that FLEK might be a relative of the family and that would be why she ended up with BST identity. The idea was, why out of all the deceased people in the USA did she choose BST, there had to be some sort of reason.

The resemblance is there and it's pretty eerie how similar they look, as for blood relations, who knows!

There was a girl who I thought was one of the closest matches I had found but she had been killed. Do people on the witness protections family members get told if they are really alive?

Do you know if BST and her sisters share the same Mother? What brought the family to WA from CA? What caused the fire?

I'm pretty sure Rosemary was the mother of all four girls. Ann was born in 1962/63 in Auburn, Wa. I believe the surviving daughter was born near Bakersfield in 1967. Kay Francis was born in Puyallup, Wa in 1968 and BST was born back in Bakersfield, Ca in 1969. The coming and going from Washington and California likely has to do with the location of the extended family and sources of support - Terry's mother was residing near Bakersfield. I believe he was in the Armed Forces and of course this was the Vietnam War era.

As for the fire cause....donno.

Something to note. BST's mother was 16/17 at the time of the eldest childs birth. Then there was a 4/5 year break between children. It's possible there was another child born prior to 1963, or in the interim period, or even one out of wedlock. It wasn't unheard of for a child in this sort of situation to be given up for adoption or cared for by another.

If FLEK is actually related, then this type scenario would explain her uncanny resemblance, as well as the family's inability to recognize her as an adult.

In an article in 1971 by the Spokesman Review they refer to the surviving child as "Terry Joe Thomas"...typo I am guessing, sounds like a boy. I am wondering if maybe FLEK is his illegitimate child that maybe they wanted/still want to keep under wraps? Maybe she was angry with them. Also I wonder if the Ruffs now know her true identity but want to keep it low profile due to the nature of her background. Sounds like they have quite a bit of influence. Anyway, here is the link to that article...

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...i1OAAAAIBAJ&sjid=U-0DAAAAIBAJ&pg=7273,5606977

In an article in 1971 by the Spokesman Review they refer to the surviving child as "Terry Joe Thomas"...typo I am guessing, sounds like a boy. I am wondering if maybe FLEK is his illegitimate child that maybe they wanted/still want to keep under wraps? Maybe she was angry with them. Also I wonder if the Ruffs now know her true identity but want to keep it low profile due to the nature of her background. Sounds like they have quite a bit of influence. Anyway, here is the link to that article...

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...i1OAAAAIBAJ&sjid=U-0DAAAAIBAJ&pg=7273,5606977

The writer refers to Fire Chief George Thomas shortly before he intends to type Terri Jo Turner.

Well to be honest what I think is a long shot is that FLEK has no connection to BST and got her name from some black market broker! I think that is ridiculous actually. I see FLEK as someone who had severe trauma and neglect in her childhood and found a way to escape she she came of age. Honestly I think there are too many unanswered questions to even look beyond BST and her immediate family and paternal side in Bakersfield. I would love to know if the SSA investigator heavily investigated them. From what is available it seems he just went and showed them FLEK's pic and asked if they recognized her. Well call me crazy but I don't know how anyone can look at TT and not see the resemblance. Seriously I would of certainly pointed it out to him!! I remember reading that BST's Mother "just shook her head" when she was given a pic of FLEK. Well I bet she did! Like I said way too many questions!

There was a girl who I thought was one of the closest matches I had found but she had been killed. Do people on the witness protections family members get told if they are really alive?

NO. If you are in the witness protection program they would not reveal that information to the family.
Family are the first to gossip and talk and give too much information to people. Everyone in the community would find out and then that's it...

It would also possibly put the family in danger (e.g. being tortured to reveal info, people breaking into the house to look for the person, etc.)

Terry Turner is the father isn't he?
So is there any other living confirmed children that would be a sibling to BST? Was there 4 children and only 3 died? Who is that child? Did TT have any other children in Bakersfield?
I do not think the Ruff's know or why wouldn't they just tell the SSA investigator and not have this all public? That makes no sense. I don't know what influence you mean besides the obvious influence they had on their son/brothers personal life.

i still consider the possibility that the family does know who she was (or least has an idea of why she changed her name). i also consider the possibility that her former family knows what happened as well.

it makes sense based on the lack of push from her husband's family and the lack of a connection from elsewhere. sure it's possible no one who knew this woman during the first thirty years of her life has seen any articles or pictures about this mystery but it's also possible we are simply out of the loop. just my 2 cents.

It's possible the Ruff's have found out who she is (we don't know). But there was a time when some people on here were bad mouthing the Ruff family and started sleuthing them :furious: It was crazy and ridiculous. I couldn't imagine that after that the Ruff family would want to be in communication or provide a follow up to people on here.

Maybe people can start following any possible connections to the Turner family. I don't have time for digging up info on people and I still don't know how to do so.

I'm pretty sure Rosemary was the mother of all four girls. Ann was born in 1962/63 in Auburn, Wa. I believe the surviving daughter was born near Bakersfield in 1967. Kay Francis was born in Puyallup, Wa in 1968 and BST was born back in Bakersfield, Ca in 1969. The coming and going from Washington and California likely has to do with the location of the extended family and sources of support - Terry's mother was residing near Bakersfield. I believe he was in the Armed Forces and of course this was the Vietnam War era.

As for the fire cause....donno.

Something to note. BST's mother was 16/17 at the time of the eldest childs birth. Then there was a 4/5 year break between children. It's possible there was another child born prior to 1963, or in the interim period, or even one out of wedlock. It wasn't unheard of for a child in this sort of situation to be given up for adoption or cared for by another.

If FLEK is actually related, then this type scenario would explain her uncanny resemblance, as well as the family's inability to recognize her as an adult.

Do we know who this surviving sibling of BST's is?
I would be very interested in knowing if TT had any other children in Bakersfield.
I think its against the rules for us to sleuth these people but I don't see how you can find FLEK's identity without sleuthing others.

This probably sounds insane, hell it probably IS insane, but is it possible that she really was Becky Sue Turner? I know, it doesn't seem possible, but that resemblance is crazy!!

Especially if you look at a younger pic of him, and compare to the youngest pic of FLEK that we have, look at the nose and mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay