TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure whats been happening in this thread lately been on MaM mission. However on facebook the other day I came across a missing person's page that is not in Namus. The 2 pictures they show of this missing woman don't really look exactly like Lori. but didn't they say they thought she had a nose job. The woman is 5'9" Brown hair and hazel eyes born in 1963 and from California. Sounded like it could be FLEK so I did contact the facebook page and let them know about Lori, but I thought I would Post Lissy's page, https://www.facebook.com/Bring-Lissy-Home-968320613221382/?_rdr=p See what your opinions might be.
A post by that fb page says she is now in Namus but I can't find anything. Do you have a link? I don't really see a lot of resemblance.

There's not a ton of new information, but the SSA responded to last year's FOIA request for their investigation file:
https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united...uff-social-security-investigation-file-17574/

I'm dying to know what, if anything, this FH (or any of the members of that family) had to say. They're easily searchable online and it's a small town. I couldn't find yearbook pictures of any of the daughters in a quick search (ack! it would have been too easy) just one super blurry, young yearbook picture of DH.

Is someone digging into this and/or reaching out to any of them already?

A post by that fb page says she is now in Namus but I can't find anything. Do you have a link? I don't really see a lot of resemblance.
Per the admin at the fb page she's been assigned as Namus MP #32407 although I've not seen it posted yet.

Per the admin at the fb page she's been assigned as Namus MP #32407 although I've not seen it posted yet.

The direct post link is in the date on FB for anyone wondering how to find it. Sounds to me that she has been entered but her profile is not online yet.

Bring Lissy Home February 5 at 2:44pm ·

Here is an update. The case is now in the NAMUS system. That is the National Missing & Unidentified System. They track DNA, talk to investigators/detectives that are working on her case. They do a lot more, and is a great resource.
So....we our on our way. ‪#‎bringLissyhome‬

The investigation file is juicy!
FH is now in his mid seventies and has 5 kids aged 30-55 all living in the same area in Washington state. They all seem to have low incomes.
One of the sons was jailed for 4 months in 2013. The conviction was for "second degree identity theft".
Maybe it´s a family business and they helped FLEK to change identity?

I could only find one photo online of members of FH family. The convicted son has a facebook page. He is blonde and does not resemble FLEK. So I doubt they are relatives.

The investigation file is juicy!
FH is now in his mid seventies and has 5 kids aged 30-55 all living in the same area in Washington state. They all seem to have low incomes.
One of the sons was jailed for 4 months in 2013. The conviction was for "second degree identity theft".
Maybe it´s a family business and they helped FLEK to change identity?

I could only find one photo online of members of FH family. The convicted son has a facebook page. He is blonde and does not resemble FLEK. So I doubt they are relatives.

Where are you finding that? I read over all 22 pages of the PDF file and did not see that. I thought it was interesting they did not black out anything from page 19 to 22, yet they blacked info out on pages 15 to 18 that said the same thing.

I wonder whether that's the connection that Mr T made when he suggested that FH might know something about FLEK.

He had just found out that his deceased daughter's identity had been stolen, so naturally his thoughts would wander over to a family who he knows, and who knew about his daughter and who has a connection via a son to identity theft.

This might just be another dead end, but it is a juicy lead. Perhaps the son or another family member knew FLEK and/or helped her. Whether they would admit to it is an entirely different matter, but I'm loving all the great sleuthing going on right now!

One thing, I have said over and over with this case, is that the truth will end up being mundane. We had all sorts of wild theories to try and explain why Sharon Marshall, Grateful Doe and Cali were unidentified, but when we finally learnt the truth of their backstories, they turned out to be relatively straightforward - simply a case of the right person not knowing about the UID.

It was on Imgur that the breakthrough for Grateful Doe occurred, isn't it? Is anyone a member? Could anyone post about FLEK on there? If she has already been posted, perhaps a new post with the new files attached might catch somebodies eye?

Where are you finding that? I read over all 22 pages of the PDF file and did not see that. I thought it was interesting they did not black out anything from page 19 to 22, yet they blacked info out on pages 15 to 18 that said the same thing.

Page 21 paragraph 2 mentions FH.

Remember Spring/Summer1988 (or whatever the member was called), he said he was going to contact Velling with what he knew. Would that info, if he did call it in, also come under FOI Act?

Also, and I'm sure this has been covered, but why is Becky/Beckie spelled differently on her birth and death certs?

In response to DVO's post: I have been digging into this through online court records which has led me to a question that I don't know if we can discuss here. I know the name of ONE previous husband of TT's surviving daughter but I wondered if there were others. I may have a connection to FH or may not but I can't rule it out without knowing if she was known by any other last names. :(

Remember Spring/Summer1988 (or whatever the member was called), he said he was going to contact Velling with what he knew. Would that info, if he did call it in, also come under FOI Act?

Also, and I'm sure this has been covered, but why is Becky/Beckie spelled differently on her birth and death certs?
Far as anyone has determined the Becky/Beckie spelling is a typo or error related to the surviving parents not really caring about spelling since they've just lost 3 children. I don't know, I understand the grieving that demand absolute perfection in the documents. Others, you could list the place of death as Mars & they'd be so lost in the death that facts are meaningless.
Another poster mentioned that a second FOIA request might bring more results. I don't know enough about the process to remark further, but perhaps someone else reading does?

I've spent the last few weeks reading all of these threads after hearing about the case on the generation why podcast - I've read all the general discussion but still making my way through the more specific ones. I can't get it out of my head! I have never been on web sleuths before but can I say I am so impressed at the time and effort and detail that you all go into.

As an outside observer I wonder if looking at missing persons cases is a waste of time, I think if FLEK had been formally missing then the connections would have been made by now. I believe the one and only key to this is to get her Idaho licence picture out on some nationwide media and someone will recognise her, she didn't just spring up out of nowhere. I'm not in the US so I don't know how nationwide news media works as opposed to regional/local news but is there one show or newspaper or website that could be targeted that would be the ideal to reach a lot of people? And then just have everyone put a lot of pressure on that organisation to run the story? It's such a fascinating story, I don't know why they wouldn't want to run it.

I would also say that from the material you have access to, that the Jeung/Lish names/numbers seem like the best lead and I know people have looked into this but it's unclear from that thread how much it was delved into for example in terms of getting FLEK's Idaho pic to the likely people.

Do we know who has taken over the investigation now Velling has retired?

Oh and FWIW I think the resemblance to TT is quite remarkable. I don't believe she had a nose job simply because while it's an unusually thin shape, it's crooked.

Anyway, off to read more threads!

Wow. Just came here for a look. The foi documents are interesting. This is probably nothing, but the name change document lists her new name as Lori Kennedy, and previous name as Becky Sue Turner. No Erica. The middle name box is left blank. Where did Erica come from?

I've spent the last few weeks reading all of these threads after hearing about the case on the generation why podcast - I've read all the general discussion but still making my way through the more specific ones. I can't get it out of my head! I have never been on web sleuths before but can I say I am so impressed at the time and effort and detail that you all go into.

As an outside observer I wonder if looking at missing persons cases is a waste of time, I think if FLEK had been formally missing then the connections would have been made by now. I believe the one and only key to this is to get her Idaho licence picture out on some nationwide media and someone will recognise her, she didn't just spring up out of nowhere. I'm not in the US so I don't know how nationwide news media works as opposed to regional/local news but is there one show or newspaper or website that could be targeted that would be the ideal to reach a lot of people? And then just have everyone put a lot of pressure on that organisation to run the story? It's such a fascinating story, I don't know why they wouldn't want to run it.

I would also say that from the material you have access to, that the Jeung/Lish names/numbers seem like the best lead and I know people have looked into this but it's unclear from that thread how much it was delved into for example in terms of getting FLEK's Idaho pic to the likely people.

Do we know who has taken over the investigation now Velling has retired?

Oh and FWIW I think the resemblance to TT is quite remarkable. I don't believe she had a nose job simply because while it's an unusually thin shape, it's crooked.

Anyway, off to read more threads!

:welcome: Glad you joined us.

Wow. Just came here for a look. The foi documents are interesting. This is probably nothing, but the name change document lists her new name as Lori Kennedy, and previous name as Becky Sue Turner. No Erica. The middle name box is left blank. Where did Erica come from?

"Erica" was used from the beginning as a middle name on her name change court decision, passport application etc. but, interestingly enough, not used on her SSN application.

Jung was contacted. She did not recognize her. She did say that her life at that time was drug filled and fast.
FLEKs nose is not crooked in the Idaho ID. Only later. It seems she was being treated for pain by a MD, maybe she had a wreck. I broke my nose in high school and have the same crooked tip. It can not be fixed because they can't repair the cartilage to bone connection.
It IS very interesting she did not use the middle name for the SS application. Nobody has mentioned this before.
The name mentioned in the report by Velling, the person in Washington is VERY interesting and has led to some crazy information that is concerning at least. I assume we are not allowed to post about it here as it has all been deleted from the thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to admit--I haven't read all of the threads on this woman, so if this has been stated before, I apologize. I put the phone number on the document marked "ours" with the area code of 323 instead of 303. The phone number lists to a JK (won't mention the full name here). I then took that name and put it into FB in AZ. I scrolled thru the pictures and there is a picture of a little boy with the caption "Gold for Jackson". In the middle of the page from the UID--there is the name of Jackison. I'm thinking these 2 women may have lived together at one point??

Jung was contacted. She did not recognize her. She did say that her life at that time was drug filled and fast.
FLEKs nose is not crooked in the Idaho ID. Only later. It seems she was being treated for pain by a MD, maybe she had a wreck. I broke my nose in high school and have the same crooked tip. It can not be fixed because they can't repair the cartilage to bone connection.
It IS very interesting she did not use the middle name for the SS application. Nobody has mentioned this before.
The name mentioned in the report by Velling, the person in Washington is VERY interesting and has led to some crazy information that is concerning at least. I assume we are not allowed to post about it here as it has all been deleted from the thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The information (link)is still posted in this thread.

"Erica" was used from the beginning as a middle name on her name change court decision, passport application etc. but, interestingly enough, not used on her SSN application.

Thank you for clarifying, I had missed it was an SSN application.

I wonder if it 'means' anything? Are there any possible reasons to leave the middle name out? Is it just an omission by the clerk or LEK?

That struck me as odd too. I'd call him "dad" also. The only way I'd refer to him by last name is if I didn't think much of him. Of course, that's just my view of referring to a parent in that way.

And, moreover, whoever recorded that snippet found it worthy of remark, as they recorded it amongst quite sparse details in the document.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member