TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone's interested, I filed a FOIA request with the Social Security office that investigated the Lori Ruff case. They released the following documents as part of the request:

https://d3gn0r3afghep.cloudfront.net/foia_files/2016/02/03/1-29-16_MR17574_RES_IDAN7084.pdf

https://d3gn0r3afghep.cloudfront.net/foia_files/2016/02/03/1-29-16_MR17574_RES_IDAN7084.pdf

Thank you !

I've been doing some digging... looking into the name/family gleaned from one of the documents released. But, WS rules hinder me from posting any additional info or asking any questions. It's quite frustrating because I wish we had a small team of people chipping away on this. But, the rules are in place for a reason... soooo... I'll just whimper, and move on to other cases.

I'm back to looking at Cynthia Perry http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/perry_cynthia.html
There is such an absence of information on her, but missing at 17- she could have had a few inches growth spurt or maybe her height was a guess? I just can't get past the picture. From my reading it seems like perhaps the heart tattoo that Cynthia reportedly had is not confirmed enough for me to rule her out. I imagine she spent a couple years making her way across the country, picked up some street smarts & decided that once she was an adult & the risk of being discovered & sent back home was not as great. Maybe she met up with someone who knew about fake identities or figured it out on her own? We have no info on intelligence or really anything about Cynthia "Lori" (nickname she went by!). Is there definitive proof that she is ruled out?

Cynthia Perry was mentioned (to be submitted as a possible match) in this post from July 2013 :

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...r-UID-Longview-TX-woman&p=9656828#post9656828

ETA: Perry's name does not appear on the rule out list:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9863

Hello all!

Sorry new and haven't followed this case closely. A few observations for the note she left...

The N Hollywood Police Number traces back to a trespass arrest authorization form.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...XHo8Zh06gAi8VnIUGFZ0fA&bvm=bv.114195076,d.amc

In my opinion, the $1.85 refers to the cost in 1988 to have your phone number non-published.

The attorney Ben Perkins Jr. doesn't refer to her, but actually refers to the person(s) she was running from. Someone who Ben represented and has the records on that person.

The other notes on the page are from people she had spoken with trying to find information on the person(s).

For instance, "these eyes". She was talking to someone and they mentioned the person had "these eyes" which bothered the person on the other end of the phone, I'm assuming another woman and LR wrote that down because it was bothering her as well.

To me, the notes refer to the person(s) she was trying to find info on and the person she was trying to "escape" from. I say escape, because she changed her identity to do it.

The 402 months refers to when she was talking to LE on the phone and she said, here is the situation....and LE responded that he/she could get 402 months in jail. She wrote that down because it gave her some comfort. To me, the note is about whoever was bothering her and she was trying to get info on that person.

I think she kept that note because she felt if that person ever found her and she ended up dead, there would be a trail back to that person(s).

I think it would be prudent for someone (if the records still exist) to find out who filed trespass report in 1988 in North Hollywood CA.

Jumping off my previous post....

[h=1]Hollywood Addict Gets 18 Years for 17 Holdups[/h]
June 25, 1988

Hain could have received a maximum sentence of 33 years and eight months.
He was arrested on April 6, 1987, after a witness noted the license number of his car and called police.
Hain pleaded guilty to all 17 counts May 13.

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-06-25/local/me-4770_1_12-year-prison

In case anyone's interested, I filed a FOIA request with the Social Security office that investigated the Lori Ruff case. They released the following documents as part of the request:

Does anyone have any theories or random guesses as to why Turner would have suggested that one man's name? There would have been a number of people who knew about the fire and the loss of their children, that is not something a parent would or could keep secret. As survivors they would be remembering their loss with each anniversary.
Turner could have named a number of people, but only one suggestion was given. What is it about this FH person and his family? Did they ask any of FH's many children if they recognize FLEK or recall telling anyone the story about the Turner tragedy?
What was it about FH that made Turner remember that family after all those years?

Does anyone have any theories or random guesses as to why Turner would have suggested that one man's name? There would have been a number of people who knew about the fire and the loss of their children, that is not something a parent would or could keep secret. As survivors they would be remembering their loss with each anniversary.
Turner could have named a number of people, but only one suggestion was given. What is it about this FH person and his family? Did they ask any of FH's many children if they recognize FLEK or recall telling anyone the story about the Turner tragedy?
What was it about FH that made Turner remember that family after all those years?

I would guess that Turner knew enough about FH or FH's family to know that he maybe had a daughter who had run off around that time for whatever reason. Or it may be that there was enough of a family resemblance between FLEK's photo and what Turner remembered of FH and his daughters' appearance. Either way, it seems like a really huge lead and I wonder if Velling followed up, surely he must have. I searched to see the names of FH's daughters but my researching skills aren't refined enough to tell if I had the right one - seems like it's a common name in that area and maybe there is a son named after a father which makes it more confusing. If I did find the right one then it looks like one of his daughters shares a name with someone close to FLEK's heart. If that makes sense...

Would someone have the skills to figure out a clear list of FH's daughters and their current whereabouts? That seems like the logical next step? Sorry this might have already been done.

Also... Tacoma (and/or Puyallup) and Springdale are a five hour drive from one another according to google, so how did TT know FH? It's not exactly just around the corner. Maybe a family connection by marriage?

Long, LONG time lurker.... Springdale looks to be close to Idaho. Also, some have suggested a militia connection and from what I've read, sparsely populated areas of Eastern Washington and Idaho seem popular for those groups.

Those are two separate thoughts - I have no reason to suggest that the family in Springdale has any connection to anything.

I would expect that agent Velling has been an investigator for too long not to have asked FH that very question. And likely recorded the answer.

I wonder when we'll gain access to the rest of the SSA file on this case...

I would expect that agent Velling has been an investigator for too long not to have asked FH that very question. And likely recorded the answer.

Couldn't after 2008. Why did TT know where FH had moved? What year did FH leave CA?

FH was already deceased when Velling began his investigation.

Hello all!

Sorry new and haven't followed this case closely. A few observations for the note she left...

The N Hollywood Police Number traces back to a trespass arrest authorization form.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...XHo8Zh06gAi8VnIUGFZ0fA&bvm=bv.114195076,d.amc

In my opinion, the $1.85 refers to the cost in 1988 to have your phone number non-published.

The attorney Ben Perkins Jr. doesn't refer to her, but actually refers to the person(s) she was running from. Someone who Ben represented and has the records on that person.

The other notes on the page are from people she had spoken with trying to find information on the person(s).

For instance, "these eyes". She was talking to someone and they mentioned the person had "these eyes" which bothered the person on the other end of the phone, I'm assuming another woman and LR wrote that down because it was bothering her as well.

To me, the notes refer to the person(s) she was trying to find info on and the person she was trying to "escape" from. I say escape, because she changed her identity to do it.

The 402 months refers to when she was talking to LE on the phone and she said, here is the situation....and LE responded that he/she could get 402 months in jail. She wrote that down because it gave her some comfort. To me, the note is about whoever was bothering her and she was trying to get info on that person.

I think she kept that note because she felt if that person ever found her and she ended up dead, there would be a trail back to that person(s).

I think it would be prudent for someone (if the records still exist) to find out who filed trespass report in 1988 in North Hollywood CA.

A lot of what you say makes sense. Maybe everyone's been looking at this from the wrong angle all along.

FH was already deceased when Velling began his investigation.

FH apparently was deceased (2008 if I am correct) but TT indicated that FLEK might be one of FH's daughters so I see no reason for the investigation not to proceed.

FH apparently was deceased (2008 if I am correct) but TT indicated that FLEK might be one of FH's daughters so I see no reason for the investigation not to proceed.

It is confirmed he is deceased. There was also an obituary in the newspaper.
My post was in response to the question/statement, "I would expect that agent Velling has been an investigator for too long not to have asked FH that very question. And likely recorded the answer." I was letting the poster know that FH was deceased.

I wouldn't only focus on the sisters, I would also ask the brothers questions as well. The Howder family dynamics remind me a lot of the Turner family dynamics. Just sayin'!

I agree with this. In the interview he said it was not the guy, but his SON.. Very interesting indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with this. In the interview he said it was not the guy, but his SON.. Very interesting indeed

Sorry, which interview mentions a son please? Do you mean FH's son?

One daughter (PAH), I can't seem to locate any info about her other than her birth (Feb 1958). Maybe I've overlooked something. While it's possible FLEK was born in 1958... I have my doubts.

Also, I wonder if FH fathered children with anyone other than SBH?

ETA: I just located a possible address (Washington state) for PAH... so, maybe she's found. Dunno?

Actually I misread that report! The wording was strange.
b2ac12b0976a09fea28857bcb5439b20.jpg

So he mentioned the " family" with the father being FH.. The way I was reading it was that his son may be involved.

On that note Fredandedna is doing some amazing research in this area!!!

Question: anyone figure out family origins of the Turner family? Any chance they ever lived in Halsey, OR ? ( near Eugene)

Man, there are a lot of soap-opera like families in this stuff lol

It is confirmed he is deceased. There was also an obituary in the newspaper.
My post was in response to the question/statement, "I would expect that agent Velling has been an investigator for too long not to have asked FH that very question. And likely recorded the answer." I was letting the poster know that FH was deceased.

I wouldn't only focus on the sisters, I would also ask the brothers questions as well. The Howder family dynamics remind me a lot of the Turner family dynamics. Just sayin'!
1961 South Pasadena robbed hotel and caught with $250,000 in drugs!
I searched Pasadena for LK and only one LVK. I'm going to keep searching. Found it in the newspaper on ancestry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member