TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what was the upshot of all Derek's facial recognition comparisons?

I just noticed this:

ATTENTION MEMBERS We will be taking the system down shortly to perform server maintenance. The estimated downtime for this maintenance should be between 3 and 4 hours.

I now have no excuse to avoid that pesky laundry :(

Sorry, bear with me, I'm answering my own questions. Timeline from wiki (in my own words)

May 1988: She requested the birth certificate of Becky Sue Turner, a two-year-old girl who was killed in a house fire in Washington in 1971. The request was made in Bakersfield, California.

June 16th 1988: She traveled to Idaho, where she obtained a state ID card using the girl's birth certificate.

July 5th 1988: After obtaining the driver's license, Ruff went before a judge in Dallas to legally changed her name to Lori Erica Kennedy

<snipped>

Quoting moi - again!

We don't know in which state she started, but would she have had to actually go to Bakersfield CA herself to get BST's birth cert?

Say she started from there she then went to Idaho. Distance to Boise is over 800 miles (or a 4.5 hour flight). 3 weeks later she was in Texas, 1600 miles away.

Would there still be flight lists? Probably not.

If she did start in Philadelphia she really has covered all 4 corners hasn't she?! Over 5000 miles of travelling.

I just noticed this:

ATTENTION MEMBERS We will be taking the system down shortly to perform server maintenance. The estimated downtime for this maintenance should be between 3 and 4 hours.

I now have no excuse to avoid that pesky laundry :(

Probably a good thing to be honest. I'm knackered and it's not even 8pm here!

I found Deborah J Stalder on ancestry, Ulysses S Grant High School in Van Nuys CA... class of 1977.

Birth year matches with age of Stalder mentioned in news reports.

You can call the school and request they email you her class picture or call the county library and do the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm starting to think it's time to start "General Discussion and Theories" #4. This one is already at 69 pages. What do you guys think?

So. Seriously. We should all go and review the Laciner thread. If Lori was not listed missing anywhere the notes page is our best bet. Laciner is written close to the library info and if she was from PA it is reasonable the notes page may be earlier in time close to the top right of the page. Laciner lived about 400 ft from Lori in Dallas, and his 2nd wife who is from Kentucky originally, was living with him at that time. He did have a first wife KW who changed her name to KW Johnson. I think they all live on Massachusetts now. I truly think one of the three may be connects to Lori somehow. The second wife's dad was in the military and moved several times , including Alaska.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm starting to think it's time to start "General Discussion and Theories" #4. This one is already at 69 pages. What do you guys think?

Page 21 for me @50 posts per page. I used to have it set for fewer posts but it drove me mad!

I found Deborah J Stalder on ancestry, Ulysses S Grant High School in Van Nuys CA... class of 1977.

Birth year matches with age of Stalder mentioned in news reports.

Wow...that yearbook pic on Ancestry...uncanny resemblance

Omg....logged long to find like 300+ new posts on this thread, diligently worked through them only to find the mystery is still not solved! I hope Monday perhaps brings some answers?!

Here's something that just occurred to me, and forgive me if it's ever been mentioned before. I've followed this story and all the many pages for so long that it may have been mentioned and I've forgotten it.

What if some of the things on the notes page were her attempts to create a backstory for herself? Facing divorce and custody hearings, maybe she was afraid something would come out about how she had no known relatives to help her care for the child and that she had never been willing to talk about her past with anybody. If some of the notes don't involve people or places she was ever actually connected to, they won't lead anywhere. The story about being a hand model, the name "Laciner", etc. what if she was trying to put together a past? If she was going to make up a past that she couldn't prove, claiming to be from an polygamous LDS sect would be perfect for her needs, because that would explain away the lack of a real birth certificate/proof of identity. It would also explain her reluctance to discuss her past and it would do so in a way that might make a judge and her husband and in-laws more sympathetic toward her.

Sorry, bear with me, I'm answering my own questions. Timeline from wiki (in my own words)

May 1988: She requested the birth certificate of Becky Sue Turner, a two-year-old girl who was killed in a house fire in Washington in 1971. The request was made in Bakersfield, California.

June 16th 1988: She traveled to Idaho, where she obtained a state ID card using the girl's birth certificate.

July 5th 1988: After obtaining the driver's license, Ruff went before a judge in Dallas to legally changed her name to Lori Erica Kennedy

July 1988: She obtained a social security number, effectively erasing her past.

1989: She received a Texas driver license

1990: Qualified for a GED then enrolled in Dallas County Community College.

1997: Graduated from the University of Texas at Arlington in 1997, with a degree in Business Administration.

2003: Met Blake

2008: Had daughter after several miscarriages

2010: Blake files for divorce and on Xmas Eve Loris kills herself (shot in the head on in-laws driveway)

All correct?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_Erica_Ruff

My thoughts are all over the place today. So in May she requested the birth certificate of BST and had it mailed to Bakersfield, California. June she went to dmv for id in Idaho. Well she had to prove residency in order to get an id, meaning she had a bill in her name or something the prove she lived there. I highly doubt she just pulled the info from online and printed it off, she had to wait for it to come in the mail. But anyways, so she got this proof then applied for a license as BST. Is there anyone here from Idaho? I'm curious of how long it takes for a license to come in or do they print in the office. I'm from Texas and it takes at least a couple of weeks to get it. I'm going to assume the same for other states for now. Within a couple of days after obtaining her license for Idaho, she's in Dallas getting her name changed? Am I the only one that thinks EVERYTHING was already set and rolling? She went before the judge but do they take walk ins did this kind of thing? I would imagine it takes an appointment to go before the judge for a name change. What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are all over the place today. So in May she requested the birth certificate of BST and had it mailed to Bakersfield, California. June she went to dmv for id in Idaho. Well she had to prove residency in order to get an id, meaning she had a bill in her name or something the prove she lived there. I highly doubt she just pulled the info from online and printed it off, she had to wait for it to come in the mail. But anyways, so she got this proof then applied for a license as BST. Is there anyone here from Idaho? I'm curious of how long it takes for a license to come in or do they print in the office. I'm from Texas and it takes at least a couple of weeks to get it. I'm going to assume the same for other states for now. Within a couple of days after obtaining her license for Idaho, she's in Dallas getting her name changed? Am I the only one that thinks EVERYTHING was already set and rolling? She went before the judge but do they take walk ins did this kind of thing? I would imagine it takes an appointment to go before the judge for a name change. What are your thoughts?

She seems to have covered a LOT of mileage in a short time, doesn't she? Especially if she did originally come from the east coast.

I'm thinking when (if) we get a name it won't be anyone we've heard of or discussed. Nothing seems a good enough match for one reason or another.

I've only followed this on and off but it's really gripped me this past week and I am itching to find out who she is. Those of you who've been diligently working on it for months/years must be on tenterhooks waiting for news.

Fingers crossed we get to find out The Story. :crossfingers:

Thanks for clarifying that she's listed as "Debbie" in the yearbook... I attempted to edit my post but it was too late.

Further searches (not related to yearbooks or ancestry) show an additional associated/different name of DJS living in CA... (maybe married name) also begins with "S".

And, I'd guess 'no' regarding photos. I think we're already pushing the WS rules since Stalder isn't a "missing person"

I found this interesting article about a Debbie Stadler who witnessed a killing.

'84 Execution-Style Slaying : N. Hollywood Man Guilty in Death

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-05-17/local/me-2707_1_death-penalty

Also, my apologies, this was posted a few pages back. I haven't been online, nor caught up.
SK

The card she got in Idaho was an ID card, not a driver's license. When I got one in Oregon in the 1980s, it was a same-day process: walk in, fill out the form, provide proof of identity, they'd take your picture & a few minutes later you had the ID card. (I don't remember what I had to provide to prove my address: it may have been a utility bill in my name or a letter addressed to me.)

But as for the name change, I think you're onto something. This implies, at the very least, LEK had visited Houston to start the process for the name change before she "officially" moved there -- or perhaps supports S/S1988's implication that she came to town in Spring of 1988.

(Apologies if this doesn't make sense. I'm recovering from this crud that's goiing around here.)

Quoting moi - again!

We don't know in which state she started, but would she have had to actually go to Bakersfield CA herself to get BST's birth cert?

Say she started from there she then went to Idaho. Distance to Boise is over 800 miles (or a 4.5 hour flight). 3 weeks later she was in Texas, 1600 miles away.

Would there still be flight lists? Probably not.

If she did start in Philadelphia she really has covered all 4 corners hasn't she?! Over 5000 miles of travelling.

She did not really have to be in any of the addresses she used. Find an address that is commercial, file a change of address card for it, and any mail is forwarded to your real address. After a year the change of address card is pulled and discarded, and there is no trail.

Based on renewing my license in a city in Idaho in the early 2000's- I received the permenent card onsite. Now I get a paper copy & the permenent comes in the mail. But then the plastic card was given at the
Same day of renewal/approval.

I love what our member derekj72 is doing on the FB page - he has some facial similarity software and is going through testing all the possible matches we've discussed. It gives a score out of 100 but so far nothing is giving a near enough match. He hasn't tried Cheryl yet though. The software requires a decent resolution as it focuses on the area between the eyes so some of the old pictures may not be truly accurate.

Fascinating stuff!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/487836754629522/

yesterday I saw a documentary on some old pic of maybe Billy the kid and they used something like that, it was a 80/100 match and he said that was high. I thought this would be perfect to use for WS, so I joined too.

Hi ya! I'm a long time lurker on this thread. Maybe it's the timing, but I found the Reddit post about LEK possibly being Karen Reinert really freaky. I read the Reinert case files for the first time last week. It's not exactly that far fetched.
FWIW- LEK's height is a breaking point for me for many of the MPs that have been compared so far. I'm 5'9" and me, along with a few tall girlfriends, had reached this height by 16, give or take maybe an inch. Whoever she is, her height would have been significant. She would have most likely been tall at 9, 10, etc.
I guess this is where I circle back to Karen Reinert. Was she tall for her age?
Regarding the nose job-I'm leaning more towards the fact that her nose was once broken and she never had it "re-set." My nose was busted in 2 places when I was 19. They sent me home with strict orders to return in 1 week to have it reset. 4 days later, swelling subsided, I had a beautiful narrow new nose!! But it was also pointing in another direction when I tilted my head upward. I'm wondering if this is the case with LEK, or something similar.
Bakersfield-Gross as it is, I remember girls that went to neighboring cemeteries to obtain fake IDs in this manner. But BAKERSFIELD? I'm born and raised in the Bay Area and we call Bakersfield the armpit of CA. I would think that unless you're familiar with Bakersfield, you'd never wind up there sifting through children at cemeteries.
Anyhoo, my 2 cents. It's a fascinating story

It does seem very far fetched to me. Why woudl Bradfield have left her alive? Who took care of her until she was old enough to run away and assume the identity of BST? And even with an extensive rhinoplasty, LEK just doesn't look like her. Karen's nose is much shorter (it is easy to remove nose, or to add cartilage to its width, but it is quite difficult to lengthen the nose to any extent). The chin is similar, but I don't really see much else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx