TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new theory about FLEK that just came to me.

So all this time, what people have been searching for is a missing person who prob disappeared early 1988, which is when BST's identity was stolen and then a name change to Lori Erica Kennedy.

The timeline shows a woman who started using the stolen name around May of 1988. Who then marries a man named Blake in 2003.

The fake woman is adamant about not wanting her picture in the newspaper, reguarding getting married. No big wedding is planned bc fake woman and Blake went to Las Vegas and eloped.

So my new theory is this.... What IF by chance, this fake woman didn't take on the Lori Erica Kennedy name, full time, UNTIL sometime before she became involved with Blake and married him.

It could be possible that she lived the early years as her real self, WHILE stealing BST's name and then having BST's name changed to Lori Erica Kennedy.

She could have been "building" a new identity while she was still using her real birth one. So in theory, she's NOT a missing person to anyone at that time. Kind of like living a double life for a while.

Then she meets Blake. His mom wants to put their pic in the paper. FLEK freaks out and says no.

Maybe the main reason being is that doing so would cause havoc bc her birth family lives in the general area. And if she shows up in the paper getting married to some guy under a name that isn't hers, her cover will be blown.

All this time, we have all been assuming that FLEK was presenting herself as FLEK, 24/7, since 1988. What if that wasn't the case?

What if her stealing BST's identity and then changing the name to Lori Erica Kennedy isn't as complicated as we have all made it out to be.

What about maybe looking into a 100 mile radius of where she met Blake and start there. If she didn't want her face in the newspaper, it's quite possible she's a local with family (and friends) in the area.

Maybe start by looking at yearbooks in that area for around a time frame that fake person would have attended. Or somehow send out FLEK's info to all the high schools in that area to see if anyone remembers her or a person resembling her.

In my new theory, if she didn't fully disappear and take on FLEK's name, 24/7, until sometime right before she met Blake, then that would have made her 34. (+\- years depending on her real age.)

At age 34, she's not a child or young adult. And her 'disappearing' from family and friends wouldn't necessarily make her a missing person.

Back then, people moved and could lose contact with friends bc there was no real social media back then like there is today.

She was most likely not close to her family. So when she finally walked away from her old life and took on FLEK, her family didn't think much of it. She was an older adult by then.

We have all assumed that she permanently became Lori Erica Kennedy back in 1988. What if that's not the case? What if my theory is partly true?

What does everyone think?? Thoughts?

I have a new theory about FLEK that just came to me.

So all this time, what people have been searching for is a missing person who prob disappeared early 1988, which is when BST's identity was stolen and then a name change to Lori Erica Kennedy.

The timeline shows a woman who started using the stolen name around May of 1988. Who then marries a man named Blake in 2003.

The fake woman is adamant about not wanting her picture in the newspaper, reguarding getting married. No big wedding is planned bc fake woman and Blake went to Las Vegas and eloped.

So my new theory is this.... What IF by chance, this fake woman didn't take on the Lori Erica Kennedy name, full time, UNTIL sometime before she became involved with Blake and married him.

It could be possible that she lived the early years as her real self, WHILE stealing BST's name and then having BST's name changed to Lori Erica Kennedy.

She could have been "building" a new identity while she was still using her real birth one. So in theory, she's NOT a missing person to anyone at that time. Kind of like living a double life for a while.

Then she meets Blake. His mom wants to put their pic in the paper. FLEK freaks out and says no.

Maybe the main reason being is that doing so would cause havoc bc her birth family lives in the general area. And if she shows up in the paper getting married to some guy under a name that isn't hers, her cover will be blown.

All this time, we have all been assuming that FLEK was presenting herself as FLEK, 24/7, since 1988. What if that wasn't the case?

What if her stealing BST's identity and then changing the name to Lori Erica Kennedy isn't as complicated as we have all made it out to be.

What about maybe looking into a 100 mile radius of where she met Blake and start there. If she didn't want her face in the newspaper, it's quite possible she's a local with family (and friends) in the area.

Maybe start by looking at yearbooks in that area for around a time frame that fake person would have attended. Or somehow send out FLEK's info to all the high schools in that area to see if anyone remembers her or a person resembling her.

In my new theory, if she didn't fully disappear and take on FLEK's name, 24/7, until sometime right before she met Blake, then that would have made her 34. (+\- years depending on her real age.)

At age 34, she's not a child or young adult. And her 'disappearing' from family and friends wouldn't necessarily make her a missing person.

Back then, people moved and could lose contact with friends bc there was no real social media back then like there is today.

She was most likely not close to her family. So when she finally walked away from her old life and took on FLEK, her family didn't think much of it. She was an older adult by then.

We have all assumed that she permanently became Lori Erica Kennedy back in 1988. What if that's not the case? What if my theory is partly true?

What does everyone think?? Thoughts?

Yes, I've mentioned this a number of times and have also mentioned that there is too much of a gap between the identity change and 2003 and that unless that resume was vetted by Velling, she may not have even been in the State of Texas during that time. She may also have been living under multiple identities during that time, not necessarily her real name. She also may have continued to use another identity even after she met Blake. I do believe that she may have been in touch with family during that time. There were PO Boxes that she used for addresses. I also think she may have lived near an older relative at some point who she herself had fond memories of drinking tea with....all the teapots in her home and tea parties with her daughter. I'm thinking grandmother or older aunt. She began to let her picture be taken by the Texas women's group. I believe she joined in 2010? Perhaps that family member died shortly before then and she finally felt free to be Lori Kennedy? Maybe the combination of a recent post-partum and recent death of someone close to her finally sent her over the edge? I also think it may be possible she wanted to move to Longview to be close to that person and Blakes family was just an excuse. Obituaries from maybe the year before she joined the women's group may be worth a search. I actually looked into that a little bit a long time ago. I think I even came across a Turner but could not make any link. I don't think I narrowed it down to that time frame though. I'd have to look and see if I saved anything.

One other thought that just occurred to me about her going over the edge. People have commented before that it's strange that she shredded a lot of things in that home, but did not shred the documents in the lock box. Not trying to cast aspersions or impugn anyone, but maybe because the lox box wasn't there? If I was a divorce attorney, the first thing I would tell anyone contemplating divorce or even leaving their home would be to grab any important documents or anything also that was important before it disappeared. I would especially tell a family member this if I was an attorney. Or, There was an assault charge somewhere in the divorce timeline. Was this in Fannin County? Did it occur in Longview? I don't recall without checking the docket again. But question is: did it occur at the marital residence? Did the husband go back there for something important? What was the argument about that provoked the assault charge? Was it over the daughter or something else? There should be a police report. There should also be a police report from when they went to the home after her death . Those reports and any other reports relating to that address are public record unless that LE department still has anything under investigation relating to ant criminal charges arising from them. They may shed some more light.

On that note, it would possibly point o the Princeton address, which is vERY close to the home that she lived with with Blake in Leonard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES!!!!! that's what I got out of that movie from 87 she was still herself , but also someone else at the same time and really could have disappeared at any point !!!!!!!

Amazing find on the movie!!

S/S is not a troll, IMO. His theory matches well with the known timeline and locations. It makes infinitely more sense than a Terry Turner love child or a cult escapee. I hope we will find out more soon.

S/S might not be a troll, but his/her story/timeline doesn't match what was known or theorized prior to the S/S posting. I think that's part of the hesitation in believing S/S. I won't call this person a liar, as I've posted previously, it is possible FLEK did not tell him a truthful story or the entire truth about who she was.

FLEK as a love child/ child of TT doesn't sound so far fetched. So far I don't believe that FLEK choosing BST's identity was completely random. I also believe there is a strong possibility that FLEK truly was somehow associated with FH's family in Washington/Oregon. I don't believe TT's suggestion was completely random.

Very interesting - so these numbers were only given to people who were not US citizens?? That seems weird if she was pretending to be BST who would clearly have been a citizen.
*Or I guess she could have just made up the number or stolen it from someone else...

I apologize, I'm new here and to this case. So, I'm sure this has been asked because I keep reading really interesting theories. But could she have been Canadian? And perhaps they don't have her DNA because she's been here since 1988.

Also, I used to be a banker in a college town and we opened up accounts for loads of foreign students. I didn't realize until I was there how much a person could do without a tax ID number. We actually used to give credit cards to people without a TIN before and during the credit crisis. (I worked for two major American bank that did this, so I know this would have been an across the board policy.

ALSO, Andy Anderson, the director of "Positive ID" is a film teacher at the University of Texas - Arlington and was when the movie was released. Since LEK graduated from there, could they have crossed paths?

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0026339/

Yes, or it means that the phone number had some relationship to her/her family. Like 'that's our number'. If I recall the number written next to the word 'ours' - it was never really established whether it belonged to Mallon Oil or a lawyer or if it was the CNA number. Is that right or was there a conclusion on whose number it was? I did a quick search just now and can't see that there was ever a resolution on that.

If it was the CNA number, maybe 'ours' was a note to remind her to call up and find out if 'our' number can be traced through that system.

If it was a lawyer's number, maybe it's to say that's 'our' lawyer.

If it was the Mallon Oil number, well hmmm not sure....

It sort of depends on when she was making the notes.

I found a document from 1987 proving the Mallon company had that number in 1987. Have not yet found anything prior to that. Doesn't mean they didn't have that number prior to 1987 but definitely did have it in 1987. They used it until at least 2004. Looking for any later dates than that. At some point after Mallon quit using it, it became the law firms number. It is also listed as the number for a recyclng company - All Recycling North.

If she was using this number in 1987/88, then it was Mallon. In 1984, it was the CNA number. At what point it switched from a cna number to Mallon - and whether it was someone else's number in between being CNA and Mallon, we don't yet know. If she was using the number successfully as a cna number, it would have had to be in 1984, 85, or 86 although 85 and 86 are not certain.

Either way, it seems to imply a definite connection to Colorado.

ALSO, Andy Anderson, the director of "Positive ID" is a film teacher at the University of Texas - Arlington and was when the movie was released. Since LEK graduated from there, could they have crossed paths?

Another thought i had... And this is really far fetched. But it goes along with your post.

What if FLEK had a conversation with someone/people about changing your identity. And maybe the conversation turned into sort of a 'dare'. Maybe her BIRTH name IS Lori Kennedy and that's why she chose it. Her alone or with friends wanted to see how easy or hard it was to steal someone's identity. So, the plan was set forth and she stole BST's identity. Then turned it around and changed it back to her real legal name but under a new social security number, thus giving herself back her true identity but keeping the secret of having a new SS#, and a hidden stolen identity of BST.

far fetched I know, just rambling some thought.

Well..... my personal *hypothetical* theory is that FH allegedly was sentenced for his role in a robbery in CA. While he was away, TT and SBH had an affair and FLEK is the result. FLEK was subsequently raised by family members in California. SBH's mother passed away in October 1985.

Given the resemblance it seems plausible -
The problem with this theory is TT (and it seems all family members) say they did not recognise FLECK , so where does that leave us? If he and the family are lying then the question is why? If TT was the only one to know of a pregnancy- again why not speak up now as he is no longer in that first marriage.

He suggests FH knows more and could be one of his daughters (but doesn't say why!)
We know FH family has been involved in identity fraud...

I think the Velling report is the closest (known) clues on identity we have, wonder what the H family know?

So many ppl looking at this and yet no answer :sigh:

From report - page 21

https://d3gn0r3afghep.cloudfront.net/foia_files/2016/02/03/1-29-16_MR17574_RES_IDAN7084.pdf

That's an interesting coincidence. It looks like he maybe still teaches there - or at least he did up until 2010 from what I can see. So there's every chance they did. You would think that despite the film's limited release it would definitely have had a high profile within the University given his role.

AA also has/had a long career directing TV commercials which may have landed him in the same circles as makeup artists, talent agencies, etc as per notes page.

Not sure that any of this tells us anything but an interesting coincidence nonetheless.

Another thought i had... And this is really far fetched. But it goes along with your post.

What if FLEK had a conversation with someone/people about changing your identity. And maybe the conversation turned into sort of a 'dare'. Maybe her BIRTH name IS Lori Kennedy and that's why she chose it. Her alone or with friends wanted to see how easy or hard it was to steal someone's identity. So, the plan was set forth and she stole BST's identity. Then turned it around and changed it back to her real legal name but under a new social security number, thus giving herself back her true identity but keeping the secret of having a new SS#, and a hidden stolen identity of BST.

far fetched I know, just rambling some thought.

We have gone down the road of researching whether LK was her real name. Most of us got nowhere with it. That doesn't mean it's not still a possibility. Everything in this case is still a possibility.

I apologize, I'm new here and to this case. So, I'm sure this has been asked because I keep reading really interesting theories. But could she have been Canadian? And perhaps they don't have her DNA because she's been here since 1988.

It's been asked several times, & the general consensus has been, "might be". I believe someone has looked into the database of reported missing Canadians & failed to find any matches -- but that doesn't mean LEK couldn't be from Canada. The border was fairly easy to cross back in the 80s without being noticed; since 9/11 the protocols for legal crossing have gotten much stricter, but there's a lot of border between the two countries & I presume there are many stretches in, say, Maine, Minnesota, Montana & Washington where a determined person could cross without being seen. (A truly determined person could simply cross the border between Yukon & Alaska, & from there go to the rest of the US, but that gets to the point where simply crossing the border with real ID at a crossing point then vanishing into the general population is much simpler. Or illegally entering from Mexico.)

Also, I used to be a banker in a college town and we opened up accounts for loads of foreign students. I didn't realize until I was there how much a person could do without a tax ID number. We actually used to give credit cards to people without a TIN before and during the credit crisis. (I worked for two major American bank that did this, so I know this would have been an across the board policy.

Wow. I was routinely asked for my SSN by doctors when I visited them. I had to remind them that legal use of a SSN was restricted only to paying taxes -- which got me out of that potential privacy breach. (I don't doubt that if someone wanted to thoroughly investigate me they could, it could be done very easily, but why not throw up a speed bump whenever I could?) But banks have tightened things since the bottom of the Great Recession: when we re-financed our house three or four years ago, my wife & I had to provide information on some of the most stupid things. (Why is that credit check on our history? Because you performed it as part of this re-finance application, you idiots!)

I seriously doubt that Lori Kennedy was her real name before she got the name of BST. Nobody would go through the trouble and possible legal problems of changing their name back to their actual name. Even if one was able to get the BST name with a false birth certificate, one could just routinely drop it and just resume using their own name.

I really think that the Princeton, Texas address is a good direction to go. Someone mentioned the past history of the ownership of that house. It is possible that Lori Kennedy had owned that house under a different name. At least, it seems a possibility to me.

Does anyone remember the man who was found in Texas in the last few years, and close to death. He did die, and his identity was not able to be determined. He very much resembled the father of Sherry Lynne Johnson, a very young girl who had gone missing with her mother and father, back in the 1970's. His finger prints had been removed, and he several pieces of false id on him. I have tried to find that information on that man.

Keep up the good work everyone!! Your sleuthing is bringing us closer and closer to the truth.

I personally think FLEK chose her name because it was so "typical" sounding & went with her appearance.

S/S might not be a troll, but his/her story/timeline doesn't match what was known or theorized prior to the S/S posting. I think that's part of the hesitation in believing S/S. I won't call this person a liar, as I've posted previously, it is possible FLEK did not tell him a truthful story or the entire truth about who she was.

FLEK as a love child/ child of TT doesn't sound so far fetched. So far I don't believe that FLEK choosing BST's identity was completely random. I also believe there is a strong possibility that FLEK truly was somehow associated with FH's family in Washington/Oregon. I don't believe TT's suggestion was completely random.

My major issue with this theory is that from what I understand, Becky Sue Turner's identity was a perfect fit for someone looking to do what Lori did. What are the chances that someone looking for an identity to steal would happen to have one in their immediate family? Furthermore, if said person was trying to make a clean break from their past, why would they sabotage their efforts by leaving a paper trail to their biological relative? I agree in a sense that it wasn't random, just like someone would specifically choose the best looking piece of fruit at the supermarket. Lori doesn't need a personal connection to the Turner family for it to make perfect sense for her to have chosen to use BST's identity. I'm not saying lightning can't strike twice, but that's basically what this theory posits imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717