TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here is what I have so far. On August 1, 1988 an R.K.H. (Female) established an address at 1440 W Mockingbird Ln #205, Dallas, TX 85247. The date of birth for this person is Feb. 1961. How about that timing and address folks? It's not 6102 Mockingbird, but it's close. So is the date. I can find no trace of this person after that date. I found another by same name but that person is older. However that person may also lived in Tx at some point as well and that person appears to still be alive as of 2015. I tried to map this address to see whether it is a residential building and my map crashed. So, anyone else please feel to take this further.

The next thing I found is a male B.S.H born 1962 that established an address in Arlington July 1, 1988, although he may have been in TX earlier than that as he married in TX in 1983. The interesting possible link is that from March, 1996 to March 2008 an address of 1980 Oak Creek Ln. Apt, 2, Bedford, TX 76022 shoes up. At the same time another address in Fort Worth is also listed. FLEK was at 1978 Oak Creek at some point.

That is two very close addresses of the possible "subject family" possibly connected to FLEK. I have not tied these two people directly to the "subject family" yet. I probably need some help on that from someone who has an account with ancestry and understands how to search on there. I am thinking that perhaps FLEK met B.S.H in one of these neighborhoods or in TX somewhere (dance club?) and learned the B.S.T. story/they were friends? She may have even briefly assumed the alias of R.K.H. for a short time until her scam paperwork came through?

Anybody who can take these any further with yearbooks, etc, please feel free. I am working on another "subject family" lead as well that will require more work. That one jumps from Nevada to California to Nevada to Texas.
I'm a little lost on some of the initials but if you want to PM me full names I'm happy to do a classmates search for them. This is great info!

I'm a little lost on some of the initials but if you want to PM me full names I'm happy to do a classmates search for them. This is great info!

Can someone also PM the full names too? Would love to help, but I got lost a while back without knowing the names. :)

By the way~~ Great work sleuths!:applause::applause:

Here is the pic I was talking about of the hand of the girl who is related to the howders beside loris hand.
095fea90b2a34698090672c14c9b4ab3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a connected person to the Texas Howders who was in foster care( this was not my work, someone pointed it out to me). There is a Windy C. Who has a pic with her and two sisters with her mom. Her mom has similar features to Lori, but the thing that jumped off the page was her hands. They were EXACTLY like Loris. I believe the hands are the key. It is a genetic link. Can someone search for howders in Princeton TX? I am swamped with school ( I am working practicum on my days off from my paid job) so I have no time off at all. I will share the pic but can't post here due to board rules.
The person who found this info has done EXTENSIVE and very thoughtful research into the family. She is on a good lead, but the Howder clan is more muddled than the LeBaron one!!!
Lots of foster care issues :(

Thanks for the above info, I have spent quite some time looking at various connections and ending up nowhere :ufo:
It's good to have something new
Agree with the pic you posted , hands very alike!

And I mistakenly typed the name wrong. It's Windy B. That is her married name. She was married twice( briefly) and she has a genetic disease that is obvious in her pictures. Again, this was not my work another person here did extensive research and found this connection. :)

Here is the pic I was talking about of the hand of the girl who is related to the howders beside loris hand.
095fea90b2a34698090672c14c9b4ab3.jpg

The mother of Windy B was born in Harris County Texas. From facebook it looks like she was still living in Tx (near Dallas) in the early 90's (she now lives in Valley, WA where a lot of the Howders live). I am still looking for the connection between them and the Howders but they all obviously know each other based on facebook friends lists. The B family is as confusing and vast as the H family.

I really wish that the Namus contact would reply to my email query regarding whether they have investigated and ruled out the Howders. The email was sent on the 22nd of April so I'm starting to lose hope that I'll hear anything back. Perhaps if someone else on here wanted to also email? They may pay some attention if they get multiple emails around the same theory. The contact person is Dolly.Welch@co.gregg.tx.us

The mother of Windy B was born in Harris County Texas. From facebook it looks like she was still living in Tx (near Dallas) in the early 90's (she now lives in Valley, WA where a lot of the Howders live). I am still looking for the connection between them and the Howders but they all obviously know each other based on facebook friends lists. The B family is as confusing and vast as the H family.

Have others stumbled across this already? http://www.adopteeconnect.com/d/a/361951

In 1987, Windy's mother, CBB, gave birth to a girl in Tyler, TX who was adopted and the family is actively searching for her now (they call her Cassie). Windy was born in 1988. Not sure when all the other sisters were born. Also, apologies if this deviates too far from a known connection to Lori; man does that family ever look like they're related to her..

There is a Howder Tyler TX connection as well:

TWH & BSH lived in Tyler in 1989, while they were married. (Before BSH remarried to DEB who lived at 1974 Oak Creek Lane apt 34 in 1996 & 1997.)
TWH & BSH live @ 1909 Shiloh Rd Apt 146 in 1989.
CBB lives right around the corner @ 2525 Shiloh Rd trlr 100 at some point but I'm not finding reliable dates for that.

Am I just imagining parallels between absolutely anything or are there shreds of relevance here?

Am I just imagining parallels between absolutely anything or are there shreds of relevance here?

There has been so little to work with on this case, that it's easy to project/read into what's out there what you want to see.

I doubt this will lead anywhere, but I'll be as happy as anyone if I'm proven wrong.

I'm not sure where else to post this but on LEK's passport application she is going to visit the countries "Germany" and "London" starting 3/23/90.

Two issues with this, for a person who scored better than 95% of all others in social studies on the GED these are rather odd mistakes to make.

1. London isn't a country.
2. Germany isn't Germany at that point. It's East Germany and West Germany.

What if the notes represent 2 people working together to go dark. Perhaps LEK was attempting to stay hidden from that person or hidden from a crime that involves that person?

There are a few other things that make me think there is another person involved or was involved but want to know if anyone else has a two person possibly bi-coastal theory.

Somewhat different tangent here. There is a Cedarville, Ohio that contains a Cedarville College. I really doubt this one, but for those of you who recall the "cedar" reference, it might be worth a look. There are two "H"s in the class of 1987 (see link below).

Did a ever mention I don't do Facebook and have no friends.. Facebook Or otherwise. 😉

http://publications.cedarville.edu/inspire/summer1991/files/mobile/index.html#9

Have others stumbled across this already? http://www.adopteeconnect.com/d/a/361951

In 1987, Windy's mother, CBB, gave birth to a girl in Tyler, TX who was adopted and the family is actively searching for her now (they call her Cassie). Windy was born in 1988. Not sure when all the other sisters were born. Also, apologies if this deviates too far from a known connection to Lori; man does that family ever look like they're related to her..

There is a Howder Tyler TX connection as well:

TWH & BSH lived in Tyler in 1989, while they were married. (Before BSH remarried to DEB who lived at 1974 Oak Creek Lane apt 34 in 1996 & 1997.)
TWH & BSH live @ 1909 Shiloh Rd Apt 146 in 1989.
CBB lives right around the corner @ 2525 Shiloh Rd trlr 100 at some point but I'm not finding reliable dates for that.

I think if someone here were open to contacting a member of the B or H families to show them a pic of FLEK and ask if they know anything, then the contact person on this adoptee search link might be a good start. Not because I think she'd be the one to necessarily know the most, but because she has put herself out there as someone who is clearly open to reconnecting with family and having strangers make contact with her. Any volunteers?

Somewhat different tangent here. There is a Cedarville, Ohio that contains a Cedarville College. I really doubt this one, but for those of you who recall the "cedar" reference, it might be worth a look. There are two "H"s in the class of 1987 (see link below).

Did a ever mention I don't do Facebook and have no friends.. Facebook Or otherwise. [emoji6]

http://publications.cedarville.edu/inspire/summer1991/files/mobile/index.html#9

Based on what I've read of the family, I would doubt they went to Cedarville. Cedarville is a small, private Christian college that is super serious about it. I mean, men used to have to wear socks with sandals for modesty...that kind of place.

Just trying to amuse myself tonight and came across a yearbook site. This one happens to cover schools in an area near Rochester, NY that I am guessing is heavily Amish (guessing because the town is on Cheese Factory Road.). Anyway, I didn't know that, I was just leafing through yearbooks to remind myself of the style of clothing in various years from the mid seventies through the eighties for other cases I look into. So, I came across a style of dress that caught me by surprise. Row 14 of the linked page. I believe they are probably Amish. There may be a couple others on the page as well. One just reminded me of FLEK and now I'm back to that theory. I am now interested in yearbooks in Amish areas in the Midwest. LOL.

http://mendonlibrary.org/may-k-houck-digital-collection?filter=1983&filterCollection=Yearbook

I think if someone here were open to contacting a member of the B or H families to show them a pic of FLEK and ask if they know anything, then the contact person on this adoptee search link might be a good start. Not because I think she'd be the one to necessarily know the most, but because she has put herself out there as someone who is clearly open to reconnecting with family and having strangers make contact with her. Any volunteers?

I clicked on the "correspond with this person" button and sent her a quick message asking if she might possibly be willing to assist with another Texas-based mystery from the same time period as her sister's adoption. I left it at that; it feels invasive to go into the various possible connections (especially considering the thin, possibly nonexistent thread this one is hanging on...). I asked if she would do a Google image search for Lori Erica Kennedy Ruff and see if she looked remotely familiar, and sent the link to the Seattle Times article. I will share anything I hear!

I clicked on the "correspond with this person" button and sent her a quick message asking if she might possibly be willing to assist with another Texas-based mystery from the same time period as her sister's adoption. I left it at that; it feels invasive to go into the various possible connections (especially considering the thin, possibly nonexistent thread this one is hanging on...). I asked if she would do a Google image search for Lori Erica Kennedy Ruff and see if she looked remotely familiar, and sent the link to the Seattle Times article. I will share anything I hear!
Awesome, great work! It doesn't hurt to ask. It'll be interesting to see if she responds.

Owutatangledweb:

I looked but don't see who you are referring to, initials?

The Amish will most likely not be in a yearbook, perhaps they are Mennonite?

Amish are schooled by Amish and they do not get their photograph taken (usually).

I am currently talking to Windy B. She did not recognize the Idaho pic but said she looked like " Barbara ".. Will continue to probe

Owutatangledweb:

See my other note as well but, I'm interested in why you are attempting to connect the Amish and LEK.

Can you explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member