TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering that too?? Maybe they knew each other?

It just seems like too big of a coincidence. Maybe she knew who he was but he didn't know her, maybe the movie just resonated with her.

I have been thinking about this case a lot....I've told a few different people about it, and the men all say, "She was crazy," and the women all day, "She was running from something horrible." I do believe she was mentally ill, but I think she definitely had some huge trauma in her life.

This has brought out a lot of thoughts I have about identity and what our names represent. (I'm also getting married next year, so last names have been a discussion. I'm keeping mine.) That being said, it would take a lot for me to completely abandon everything associated with my name and past. I don't believe she just got who she was, like the "Generation Why" podcast alluded to. Trauma-induced amnesia is rare, and for it to be permanent is even more rare.

With all that said, this case is rare. And weird. So, I assume anything is possible. But I'm liking the dig for ideas.

From the "who was Lori Erica Kennedy" page:

Fred A Howder, 70
of Spokane
Fred A. Howder, 70
Deer Park Tribune (WA) — Wednesday, August 27, 2008
A celebration of life was Aug. 23 at the Chewelah Park Gazebo for longtime Springdale resident Fred A. Howder, 70, who died on Aug.

12 in Spokane.

Born Nov. 2, 1937, to Fred and Wanda Howder in Detroit, Mich., he moved to South Pasadena, Calif., in 1954 and married Sandra "Sandy" L. Bullock on Sept. 7, 1957. The couple moved to Springdale in 1968.

Mr. Howder raised horses and worked as a forest product harvester for 20 years.

A son, Darian; two brothers, Jim and Jerry Howder Sr.; and one sister, Patricia Howder, predeceased him.

He is survived by his wife, Sandy, at the home; seven daughters, Patty, Wanda, Irisina, Jessica, Arinetta, Tammy and Cathy; 10 sons, Damian, Dorian, Michael, Patrick, Sky, Shiloh, Fred, Gabriel, Nathaniel and Ryan; and 36 grandchildren.

Lots of names to pursue, one is particularly interesting

Fred A Howder, 70
of Spokane
Fred A. Howder, 70
A celebration of life was Aug. 23 at the Chewelah Park Gazebo for longtime Springdale resident Fred A. Howder, 70, who died on Aug.

12 in Spokane.

Born Nov. 2, 1937, to Fred and Wanda Howder in Detroit, Mich., he moved to South Pasadena, Calif., in 1954 and married Sandra "Sandy" L. Bullock on Sept. 7, 1957. The couple moved to Springdale in 1968.

A son, Darian; two brothers, Jim and Jerry Howder Sr.; and one sister, Patricia Howder, predeceased him.

He is survived by his wife, Sandy, at the home; seven daughters, Patty, Wanda, Irisina, Jessica, Arinetta, Tammy and Cathy; 10 sons, Damian, Dorian, Michael, Patrick, Sky, Shiloh, Fred, Gabriel, Nathaniel and Ryan; and 36 grandchildren.

All of those listed children have been accounted for. What is strange is that S. Bullock is listed as his wife, but F. Howder had a female partner when he died. He didn't have all of those children with S. Bullock. The Howder family is as convoluted as the Turner family and FLEK.

All of those listed children have been accounted for. What is strange is that S. Bullock is listed as his wife, but F. Howder had a female partner when he died. He didn't have all of those children with S. Bullock. The Howder family is as convoluted as the Turner family and FLEK.
Yes, that's what I thought, that there were two mothers to his children but very odd that the second is not mentioned. Is there info anywhere on here about Jessica, Tammy and Cathy? I didn't realise those three were all accounted for, in fact I've never heard of Tammy and Cathy before.

Fred A Howder, 70
of Spokane
Fred A. Howder, 70

12 in Spokane.

Ironically there is a TH online with an Arlington-Ft Worth address.

Yes, that's what I thought, that there were two mothers to his children but very odd that the second is not mentioned. Is there info anywhere on here about Jessica, Tammy and Cathy? I didn't realise those three were all accounted for, in fact I've never heard of Tammy and Cathy before.

I'm not sure if people have posted information about all of those listed in the obituary. I searched for them on my own and found them. You can track them by connecting the grandchildren. I stopped looking into the family because I couldn't find a direct connection to FLEK and with a family this large you can easily get caught up in connecting their family drama dots instead of looking for a FLEK connection.

Remember that she could have been using her real identity even though she had the false one... At least up til 2003. Or she could have used both for some time.

There is a connected person to the Texas Howders who was in foster care( this was not my work, someone pointed it out to me). There is a Windy C. Who has a pic with her and two sisters with her mom. Her mom has similar features to Lori, but the thing that jumped off the page was her hands. They were EXACTLY like Loris. I believe the hands are the key. It is a genetic link. Can someone search for howders in Princeton TX? I am swamped with school ( I am working practicum on my days off from my paid job) so I have no time off at all. I will share the pic but can't post here due to board rules.
The person who found this info has done EXTENSIVE and very thoughtful research into the family. She is on a good lead, but the Howder clan is more muddled than the LeBaron one!!!
Lots of foster care issues :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damian, Dorian, and Darian?!

That wouldn't have been confusing at all.

/sarcasm

JMO

This lady is a confusing mystery! Well anyway.. I found
Winnifred Corrine LOng and saw a resemblance to Lori
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2385dfca.html

I think that she would be too old to be a match, but it is JMO. Also, the circumstances of her disappearance sound obvious with all the current day cases you come across. Wonder if the husband was even investigated back then.

"Winifred Long, the mother of two small boys, was last seen on June 10, 1962 at the Greyhound Bus Station in Marysville, California, after an argument with her estranged husband.
Mrs. Long, disappeared after visiting her estranged husband, at his ranch at Smartville. The husband told police he drove Winifred to a bus station.
Long was a clerk-typist at Mill Valley, California, supermarket."

I think that she would be too old to be a match, but it is JMO. Also, the circumstances of her disappearance sound obvious with all the current day cases you come across. Wonder if the husband was even investigated back then.

"Winifred Long, the mother of two small boys, was last seen on June 10, 1962 at the Greyhound Bus Station in Marysville, California, after an argument with her estranged husband.
Mrs. Long, disappeared after visiting her estranged husband, at his ranch at Smartville. The husband told police he drove Winifred to a bus station.
Long was a clerk-typist at Mill Valley, California, supermarket."

If we are working under the possibility that both FLEK and her mother had false id's, then it is possible that this Winnifred Long, could be the mother of FLEK. She was born in 1932. She could easily have a child born in the 1960's. It is possible to live under cover in a alternate life style commune, and have a child there, who knows that they have to keep hidden. They might have discovered a new identity for FLEK together. BST is perfect for a new identity as the date of birth on the death certificate does not actually match the actual date of birth. Therefore a routine check of that name with available data bases would not show up the fact that BST had perished in the fire. Either the mistake was on the death certificate was accidential or deliberate.

I am on this and have found some good leads. Will post when I can. A little more digging to do.

Okay, here is what I have so far. On August 1, 1988 an R.K.H. (Female) established an address at 1440 W Mockingbird Ln #205, Dallas, TX 85247. The date of birth for this person is Feb. 1961. How about that timing and address folks? It's not 6102 Mockingbird, but it's close. So is the date. I can find no trace of this person after that date. I found another by same name but that person is older. However that person may also lived in Tx at some point as well and that person appears to still be alive as of 2015. I tried to map this address to see whether it is a residential building and my map crashed. So, anyone else please feel to take this further.

The next thing I found is a male B.S.H born 1962 that established an address in Arlington July 1, 1988, although he may have been in TX earlier than that as he married in TX in 1983. The interesting possible link is that from March, 1996 to March 2008 an address of 1980 Oak Creek Ln. Apt, 2, Bedford, TX 76022 shoes up. At the same time another address in Fort Worth is also listed. FLEK was at 1978 Oak Creek at some point.

That is two very close addresses of the possible "subject family" possibly connected to FLEK. I have not tied these two people directly to the "subject family" yet. I probably need some help on that from someone who has an account with ancestry and understands how to search on there. I am thinking that perhaps FLEK met B.S.H in one of these neighborhoods or in TX somewhere (dance club?) and learned the B.S.T. story/they were friends? She may have even briefly assumed the alias of R.K.H. for a short time until her scam paperwork came through?

Anybody who can take these any further with yearbooks, etc, please feel free. I am working on another "subject family" lead as well that will require more work. That one jumps from Nevada to California to Nevada to Texas.

I found another by same name but that person is older. However that person may also lived in Tx at some point as well and that person appears to still be alive as of 2015. I tried to map this address to see whether it is a residential building and my map crashed. So, anyone else please feel to take this further.

The RKH born in 1956 from NE is alive & on Facebook.

The W Mockingbird address of the slightly younger RKH looks like an office building and it's not super close to Lori's E. Mockingbird mailbox (10.5 miles / a 15 minute drive, according to Google maps), but an interesting coincidence (and perhaps more than) nonetheless. A Google Books search indicates 1440 W Mockingbird Ln #205 was an actuary's office in 1988 ... for whatever that is worth.

The next thing I found is a male B.S.H born 1962 that established an address in Arlington July 1, 1988, although he may have been in TX earlier than that as he married in TX in 1983. The interesting possible link is that from March, 1996 to March 2008 an address of 1980 Oak Creek Ln. Apt, 2, Bedford, TX 76022 shoes up. At the same time another address in Fort Worth is also listed. FLEK was at 1978 Oak Creek at some point.

This is potentially exciting as it could only be the exact same apartment complex... LEK's Oak Creek Lane address was on her 2002 resume.

BSH was married 1983 - 1995 to TWH born 1964 and then in 1996 to DEB born 1960. DEB is at 1974 Oak Creek Lane apt 34 in 1996 & 1997..

This is potentially exciting as it could only be the exact same apartment complex... LEK's Oak Creek Lane address was on her 2002 resume.

BSH was married 1983 - 1995 to TWH born 1964 and then in 1996 to DEB born 1960. DEB is at 1974 Oak Creek Lane apt 34 in 1996 & 1997..

DVO, thank you for following up on these and providing additional information. I am still curious about the younger RKH, however it could just be a wrong birthdate. It would be interesting to see if we could find a birth record. Would also be interested in finding out whether either RKH or BSH are related to the subject family.

Is anyone able to humor me and do a yearbook search for class of 1980 Chaffey High School for an L.D.C.? OR can someone tell me how to do such a search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay