TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I thought they had adopted her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was interested also in the case that was just posted that was about Ann scovel. Her sister Laurie seemed to drop off radar.. Can anyone confirm she is alive and well? ( related to the coroner we are discussing)

So what if... FLEK knew Kim Mallon? Do we know what institution she was sent to? I have always thought there was more than one person involved and especially from the notes page as she uses the word " our" instead of " my"...

From Kim Mallon's thread, her sister Debbie posted she had been sent to UCLA Medical center.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Kim-Mallon-13-Los-Angeles-30-Sept-1973/page2

Wow. Looking at KM's story and her photos I think she could BE FLEK. I know Velling said she was ruled out by DNA, but it sounds as if they are using the sister's DNA to compare, correct me if I'm wrong. KM's family structure was complicated. Could her sister only be a half sister and that would effect the match? Also, it's curious that the KM has NOT been added as a rule out on FLEK's Namus profile. Perhaps someone should resubmit KM?

I was interested also in the case that was just posted that was about Ann scovel. Her sister Laurie seemed to drop off radar.. Can anyone confirm she is alive and well? ( related to the coroner we are discussing)

I'm researching that now. Someone with a similar name was living in Idaho from 1990 the early 2000's. https://familysearch.org/search/rec...ery=+givenname:"Laurie Kay"~ +surname:Scovel~
Still digging for birth records though to confirm this is the sister. Also interested now in the other sister if that turns out to be the one from Iowa...with the Idaho connection and all...my mind is spinning!

Kim was adopted by William Mallon. His father's name was Joe Mallon. The founder of Mallon Oil is George Mallon Jr. I can't find a link between Joe and George so far.

I'm researching that now. Someone with a similar name was living in Idaho from 1990 the early 2000's. https://familysearch.org/search/rec...ery=+givenname:"Laurie Kay"~ +surname:Scovel~
Still digging for birth records though to confirm this is the sister. Also interested now in the other sister if that turns out to be the one from Iowa...with the Idaho connection and all...my mind is spinning!

I found evidence the mother lived in Idaho before going to Washington, so I'm 99% certain the above link is Laurie. I'm having trouble finding the other sister Susie, however.

Probably just a glitch but when I put the 1990 address above into Google to see how far it is from Boise it said the address doesn't exist then asked me if I want to map the street. So I mapped the street, but instead of the street name of the address I put in, Google drops a pin on..Cedar Street! So crazy. Not sure if this will show up, but here is the link to the map it showed me:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/E...dff7f35622e51!8m2!3d47.7030544!4d-116.8834866

I wonder if 'underground railway' type networks and/or those in the know about helping people change identities might have had inside contacts at public offices with a lot of access to records of deceased people - people who provided them with information? I am being very obtuse but hopefully you know what I'm getting at - I don't want to cast aspersions on any specific individual.

I wonder if 'underground railway' type networks and/or those in the know about helping people change identities might have had inside contacts at public offices with a lot of access to records of deceased people - people who provided them with information? I am being very obtuse but hopefully you know what I'm getting at - I don't want to cast aspersions on any specific individual.

What Lori Ruff did was fairly common knowledge at the time. I knew about people taking identities of dead infants back in the 70's but I am not sure where I first read about it. It was in a few movies and books as well as the news back then. I am thinking Lori could not resolve what ever issue she had legally so created a new identity. I am sure its been mentioned somewhere on here but a movie came out on the subject in the 80's called Positive ID that tells people how to do it. I have mentioned this before, but the laws for employment changed where employers had to complete the I9's in 1986 so perhaps she made this change to avoid immigration laws. If she were from say canada, by taking the identity of Becky she would become an instant citizen. It might not be that simple, since she also seems to have a lot of movement during this time, only ending up in Texas. I am not sure what the point of the Idaho ID is. Perhaps she researched where it is easy to get an official ID and where it is easy to change your name. The judges order for the name change mentions she has proven residency in Dallas County. It is odd that less than a month before she gets an Idaho ID. Seems that would argue against residency in TX. If we could get hold of her actual application for name change in Dallas, maybe it would show how she proved residency. Wonder if they keep such records for this long.

I posted links to these types of groups about four months ago..... the ones most active around her time.
Maybe her mother or father was using one of these groups and that is why she is off the grid. Then when she became an adult she was left without a past and created a new identity. It is very strange nobody has come forward to say I knew her in the 80's or the 70's. How could she have been so isolated? It is amazing.

I found an interesting article on newspapers.com from 1984 where a 12 year old girl ran away with her 6 year old sister. The parents had been basically living in their car and she got fed up. Took her sister to Los Angeles, told people she was 18, got a job as a secretary among other jobs (only lost the secretary job because the employer wanted ID), and enrolled the little sister in school for the first time. Eventually she turned her and her sister in and they went to foster homes. I think I found evidence of the oldest one post 1988 so if that's the case, it isn't Lori, but it certainly made me think of her. The 12 year old was said to look way older than 12 and was apparently quite resourceful.

I found both Scovel sisters alive, well, and under their married names on Facebook.

I wonder if the family has any recording on tape or video of her voice. might give us regional clues. of course she had lived in texas for a while.

I wonder if the family has any recording on tape or video of her voice. might give us regional clues. of course she had lived in texas for a while.

I read that they believe she was from northwestern US or the west coast because she had no real accent. Which makes Washington and Idaho a good focus.

I wonder if she was British or Irish which would account for the lack of recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member