TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only offer an answer to the Anaheim one (just my opinion), as I am unfamiliar with the Terry Turner theory. The Anaheim LK does not look like FLEK, but may have been known by FLEK (in my calculations she was in the same area and class/grade level). I believe LK was born with a different given name, but changed her identity in the late 80s for protection.

After more sleuthing yesterday, I have a question (I think someone on here said she used to be FBI--Linda?)....

Would it be at all possible that a former FBI agent (Velling) could be investigating the identity change of a daughter of an FBI agent (or some other sort of asset in the intelligence community) without knowing that? In other words, would the identity change be so thorough that even another agent a couple decades later would not be privy to that knowledge?

The family and names I've been exploring have not only been heavily military (which would explain the multiple addresses), but the father appears to have a military record that predates FLEK's birth, and his picture as a 20-yr old in uniform in CO is the spitting image of her. And, among other things, he appears to have been posted briefly at Quantico back in the 50s. And, (if this is the correct family), his son, FLEK's younger brother, was also bright, athletic, in the military, and, like dad (like FLEK) had multiple addresses across the country at the same time - reportedly residing in CA, TX, and FL in simultaneous years. Dad had two different birth dates, depending, and by the time her brother was in his mid-twenties, he had also acquired 3 variations to his birth date, either off by a month or by a couple years (though the day remained constant).

I keep thinking about that big coincidence with the huge west coast undercover drug sting culminating in 23 indictments in 1988 involving 75+ tons of Thai marijuana...biggest maritime drug bust in history at the time, with many informants as well as defendants on the run. And FLEK's decision to change her identity that year, and then her vague "letter of recommendation" from Thailand that was typed that same year on Bangkok hotel stationary...(Really? I can count on one finger the number of people I've ever heard of with that particular door opener. Just her.)

If this has been discussed before, please forgive me and fill me in on what I might be missing. I haven't been been digging too long, but things are starting to look a certain way to me.

I'm a Stalder fan! Good luck : )

Why wouldn't she get a driver's license instead of a passport? A driver's license would have been easier to obtain and less costly. Also, why the sudden urgency to get a passport in 1990? A rush passport would have included an expedite fee in addition to the standard cost. She would also have to travel to Houston to pick up the passport. She didn't have a driver's license that we know about, so did she take a bus or did someone drive her to Houston?

Also, where did she live from 1988 to 1990? The 1988 Dallas address on the SS application is fictitious. In March, April and May of 1990 we have a sudden flurry of activity tracing her to the Melody Ln. address is Dallas. Why did she wait two years to obtain ID in TX?

Correction-

She did have a TX ID and a driver's license in 1990. Has anyone seen these documents listed in the Seattle Times? Is there an address associated with these documents? Again, why get a passport?

July 13, 1988 - Obtains a Texas ID card
April 18, 1989 - Obtains Texas driver’s license, stating she is 19 years old

Correction-

She did have a TX ID and a driver's license in 1990. Has anyone seen these documents listed in the Seattle Times? Is there an address associated with these documents? Again, why get a passport?

July 13, 1988 - Obtains a Texas ID card
April 18, 1989 - Obtains Texas driver’s license, stating she is 19 years old

I haven't seen either. I hadn't noticed we were lacking images of these until now.

I'd be interested in seeing images of these since LEK's known places of residence are largely a blank between July 1988 (when she states she moved to the Dallas area) & March 1990 (when she filled out her passport application, stating she was living in the Melody Lane apartments in Dallas, TX). The only address we have for her in this period is one that has since been shown to be a mail drop. My working theory is that she was renting a room or couch surfing at this time, as many young struggling adults are forced to do -- but it would take only one piece of evidence to invalidate that theory. (For all we know, she was living in a hotel room with Elvis Presley, drinking too much Nehi soda & watching tapes of daytime soaps without a break.)

ClaireNC posted a timeline on 7-11-13 listing a very detailed report of FLEK's activities based on news articles.

These are the documents and events that were referenced in the Seattle Times and Fox News articles that have not been published. I wonder if the new agent would share some of them with us.

• Late 1980’s – Had a PO Box in Boulder City, Nevada

• Arizona Phone Book Page

• July 13, 1988 - Obtains a Texas ID card

• April 18, 1989 - Obtains Texas driver’s license, stating she is 19 years old

• Fall 1990 - Enrolls at Dallas County Community College after obtaining GED (GED test results)

• 1990 - Claimed to have suffered from bulimia (per Fox News)

• 1991 - Received breast implants in 1991. Per Fox News:http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/26...#ixzz2XRBrpq2t

• 199? through 1997 Took out student loans to finance education – Free application for Federal Student Aid 1996/1997: http://oi42.tinypic.com/2mi2902.jpg
We can only see the first page of the application.
“ Her student loan applications listed three references, one of whom was a former classmate she had briefly dated. According to the man, whom Velling did not name, Jane Doe had “more problems than he could deal with.”
“His recollection was that she was a dancer at a Dallas-area nightclub at the time [she was attending school],” Velling said.”

• February 21, 1997 - Files for Chapter 13 bankruptcy

• December 13, 1997 - Graduates from the University of Texas at Arlington with a degree in business administration

I can only offer an answer to the Anaheim one (just my opinion), as I am unfamiliar with the Terry Turner theory. The Anaheim LK does not look like FLEK, but may have been known by FLEK (in my calculations she was in the same area and class/grade level). I believe LK was born with a different given name, but changed her identity in the late 80s for protection.

Well, it's clear she was born with a different name. Speculation has gone from totally unrelated (say Jane Smith -> Lori Erica Kennedy) to maybe she kept an initial or more from her given name to prevent writing her birth name by accident (say Linda -> Lori), to keeping part of her given name (e.g., Lori or Erica, but not necessarily in that order). But no one knows for sure, or has figured out a way to prove/disprove any theory.

After more sleuthing yesterday, I have a question (I think someone on here said she used to be FBI--Linda?)....

Would it be at all possible that a former FBI agent (Velling) could be investigating the identity change of a daughter of an FBI agent (or some other sort of asset in the intelligence community) without knowing that? In other words, would the identity change be so thorough that even another agent a couple decades later would not be privy to that knowledge?

Well, Velling wasn't FBI, but an investigator for Social Security. I don't know if he has enforcement powers, or simply investigates as a private individual might -- although he likely has training & access to certain databases none of us private individuals have access to.

As for LEK being the daughter of an FBI agent... Anything is possible. I'd assume that Velling had the experience to recognize when he encountered a family member of a law enforcement officer if they were using that experience. But I don't think there is necessarily a "tell" that allows an investigator to infer someone is a family member of an FBI agent, let's say. And knowledge of how law enforcement investigates crimes, collects evidence, etc., has been public knowledge since the days of Sherlock Holmes; you'd have to have found something very specific that points to a connection between an FBI agent & a given person. And I have no idea what that might be... Say a teenager reproducing a crime that shares unpublished similarities with another crime an FBI agent is investigating? How to interrogate people? Using FBI jargon in common speech? I have this impression -- which is likely wrong -- that all law enforcement officers try to distance their families from the job, so their children rarely know more about procedure or a given case than what they learn from the media. FWIW, I knew the daughter of an FBI agent, & she was otherwise indistinguishable from any other bohemian artistic type, except she tended to pay her bills on time. (Which I don't think means anything, but otherwise she was definitely a character.)

The family and names I've been exploring have not only been heavily military (which would explain the multiple addresses), but the father appears to have a military record that predates FLEK's birth, and his picture as a 20-yr old in uniform in CO is the spitting image of her. And, among other things, he appears to have been posted briefly at Quantico back in the 50s. And, (if this is the correct family), his son, FLEK's younger brother, was also bright, athletic, in the military, and, like dad (like FLEK) had multiple addresses across the country at the same time - reportedly residing in CA, TX, and FL in simultaneous years. Dad had two different birth dates, depending, and by the time her brother was in his mid-twenties, he had also acquired 3 variations to his birth date, either off by a month or by a couple years (though the day remained constant).

I keep thinking about that big coincidence with the huge west coast undercover drug sting culminating in 23 indictments in 1988 involving 75+ tons of Thai marijuana...biggest maritime drug bust in history at the time, with many informants as well as defendants on the run. And FLEK's decision to change her identity that year, and then her vague "letter of recommendation" from Thailand that was typed that same year on Bangkok hotel stationary...(Really? I can count on one finger the number of people I've ever heard of with that particular door opener. Just her.)

If this has been discussed before, please forgive me and fill me in on what I might be missing. I haven't been been digging too long, but things are starting to look a certain way to me.

There might indeed be a connection. Or there might not be one. Find a theory, run with it, but be willing to let it go when it's proven wrong. Me, I still think LEK was an otherwise average person who had social problems that she believed would go away if she reinvented herself -- only to find they didn't. But I'll freely admit that some of the theories & suggestions that are floated here at times do sound more plausible than mine. And I try not to share some of my more pessimistic thoughts so others won't be discouraged from chasing ideas I think are unlikely, because at this point in our quest almost any theory might lead to her birth identity. (As I said elsewhere, about the only theory that isn't likely is that LEK was a KGB agent. That's the one the Ruffs allegedly worried was true, & it's the only one that has been proven nonviable.)

a9d1acf680d9e3e9299409056126e2a3.jpg

It's the only possible answer. The MD said I don't have Ebola. Probably Giardia from visiting the lake last week. Oh well, at least I didn't get a brain amoeba. Carry on .. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of you guys have been wonderful at this mystery...would be so cool if it is solved!! This may be a ridiculous statement because I know nothing of what I am about to say but...any chance she could have been in a witness protection program? Is that a known fact with Social Security and all LE agencies? Of course all of you have already pondered this idea I am sure so just adding my 2 cents that has already been aproached I am sure. Carry on LOL!!

Why wouldn't she get a driver's license instead of a passport? A driver's license would have been easier to obtain and less costly. Also, why the sudden urgency to get a passport in 1990? A rush passport would have included an expedite fee in addition to the standard cost. She would also have to travel to Houston to pick up the passport. She didn't have a driver's license that we know about, so did she take a bus or did someone drive her to Houston?

Also, where did she live from 1988 to 1990? The 1988 Dallas address on the SS application is fictitious. In March, April and May of 1990 we have a sudden flurry of activity tracing her to the Melody Ln. address is Dallas. Why did she wait two years to obtain ID in TX?

Perhaps she wasn't living in Tx from 1988 to 1990 (or even after) and therefore didn't want to get a Tx drivers license. The passport she could use ANYWHERE for employment purposes and not be tracked down by a Driver's license.

Does anyone live in Dallas and can go view court records? I would like to know what is on her actual application for name change. She had to prove she is a resident of Dallas County and also she is Becky. We just see the judges order. Also i want to know if anyone else changed their name that day or that week, specifically a male of about the same age, with dubious documents. I would also like to see her consent form for her surgery for breast implants? Who did she list as next of kin? I am thinking, as I said, a boyfriend is behind this. He probably changed his name too.

ClaireNC posted a timeline on 7-11-13 listing a very detailed report of FLEK's activities based on news articles.

These are the documents and events that were referenced in the Seattle Times and Fox News articles that have not been published. I wonder if the new agent would share some of them with us.

• Late 1980’s – Had a PO Box in Boulder City, Nevada

• Arizona Phone Book Page

• July 13, 1988 - Obtains a Texas ID card

• April 18, 1989 - Obtains Texas driver’s license, stating she is 19 years old

• Fall 1990 - Enrolls at Dallas County Community College after obtaining GED (GED test results)

• 1990 - Claimed to have suffered from bulimia (per Fox News)

• 1991 - Received breast implants in 1991. Per Fox News:http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/26...#ixzz2XRBrpq2t

• 199? through 1997 Took out student loans to finance education – Free application for Federal Student Aid 1996/1997: http://oi42.tinypic.com/2mi2902.jpg
We can only see the first page of the application.
“ Her student loan applications listed three references, one of whom was a former classmate she had briefly dated. According to the man, whom Velling did not name, Jane Doe had “more problems than he could deal with.”
“His recollection was that she was a dancer at a Dallas-area nightclub at the time [she was attending school],” Velling said.”

• February 21, 1997 - Files for Chapter 13 bankruptcy

• December 13, 1997 - Graduates from the University of Texas at Arlington with a degree in business administration
If a new FOIA request were submitted these items could specifically be requested. They may not give them but it would be worth trying.

Passport requirements have changed since Lori acquired her passport. But would there not be the requirement for the applicant to provide a voucher as to true identity of the applicant, one who has a passport and has known the applicant for a number of years. Then why is that information on the voucher not available to the authorities. I would appreciate a reply. Thank you in advance.

It's the only possible answer. The MD said I don't have Ebola. Probably Giardia from visiting the lake last week. Oh well, at least I didn't get a brain amoeba. Carry on .. Lol

BBM:
:eek:fftopic:

Linda, I'm glad your going to be alright. Talk about too close for comfort, very scary.
Did your Dr give you metronidazole? It's a nasty antibiotic as far as side effects go but it works.

Has anyone considered Jayne Elizabeth Winship Davis? She was just entered in Namus on 07/23/2015.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• img_55036.jpeg
    img_55036.jpeg
    15 KB · Views: 229
  • UP9863-scars on neck.jpg
    UP9863-scars on neck.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 233
Yep that and cipro and zofran it's a party over here

Linda, so glad you were able to find out what was wrong!!! Hope you are feeling better soon!

@bigcityaccountant I like it .
7529d14911e17a295c9d33f69d188b88.png

257d75020e38cca40101a9fcf47ca334.jpg
evidently this is her too... I can think of a scenario where maybe there were two IDs being used... What's the backstory?

Yep that and cipro and zofran it's a party over here

Oh wow, I pray you are feeling better. Kind of hard to feel better taking all these meds together. Speaking from experience here.
[emoji41]

ETA: I accidentally hit send on me phone all.the.darn.time.

Have been lurking but not posting for a while (ALWAYS FOLLOWING LEK) but maybe I missed this being mentioned...I put LEK in Ancestry again last night, as I have many times before; however, this morning I awoke to a "hint" that wasn't related to the Ruffs. It led me to the 1961 Nevada marriage record of a Roger Steinbeck (Letter of Reference). Now isn't that ODD??? Now WHY would that record be attached to LEK on a genealogy site?? I don't believe I'm allowed to state the brides name here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member