TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm read to start drinking. It's 1430 here in Texas. Is that too early??? Ugh...

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

I'm read to start drinking. It's 1430 here in Texas. Is that too early??? Ugh...

Girl it's never too early for a drink LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Girl it's never too early for a drink LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
🍸🍺🍻🍷🍹☕🍶

So many questions...
Did any of the scribbling on the papers even have a clue to KM's identity?
How did she choose her stolen identity?
Will we get to see pictures and hear stories about her as KM?
What made her make such a drastic change of who she was?

At any rate, I'm glad the mystery is solved.
RIP KM.

You mean you haven't started yet?
I'm not even a drinker really! And I have my grandson. He's 3. He's about to see Glam-Ma with a large sweet tea and vodka.

I'm not even a drinker really! And I have my grandson. He's 3. He's about to see Glam-Ma with a large sweet tea and vodka.

Lmao I love glam ma. Never heard that before. Sweet tea and vodka sounds delish. Enjoy while you read the new article!

"The Ruff family sent a saliva sample to 23andMe and Ancestry.com, companies that analyze DNA and provide tools to help people trace their family histories online. The family figured that the girl would one day want to know about her mother."
Didn't akoya say they didn't use those sites??

"With the support of the Ruff family, Velling turned to a reporter he knew at The Seattle Times in 2013, hoping that crowdsourcing would provide an answer. Surely somebody would recognize her from years ago. The story, which ran on the front page and later in publications all around the world, captured the online imagination.

For three years, a large cadre of dogged online sleuths has been trying to solve the mystery.

Late last year, one of them called Velling with a theory: Lori Ruff came from a family back East, she said. The Cassidys. Based on the evidence she provided, Velling believed she was right. Earlier this year, he took a plane to Philadelphia to knock on the door of one member of the Cassidy family. He had no idea what he was walking into. He didn’t even know the missing woman’s name.

The Ruffs had provided him some photos, and he began laying them out on the table.

“My God,” the family member said, “that’s Kimberly!”

BBM - c'mon fess up, who called Velling?

wow, glad her daughter will have some answers. not surprised it was a less than salacious end-result. cults, spies, kidnappings, murders, and on and on. turns out she just wanted to start over for personal reasons.

Huh. Glad to see her identified, strange she just up and changed her name like that. At least her mom (Deanna) has closure, even though it's tough.

Flaming Nora. That's a story. RIP Kimberly. So she was almost exactly 9 months older than BST.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members