Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems M would not fit in that laundry basket. What do you think?
Wonder if there’s more footage of him carrying her out, maybe in a car seat?
He doesn’t look too disheveled entering the hospital, considering his previous 24 hours, jmo. I look worse when I wake up.
She is 30 pounds. I'm not saying she's in that basket, but I think she'd fit. Who puts laundry in a trash bag and THEN in a laundry basket? :( MOO

In attempting to make DV sound like the monster ( that he clearly is, allegedly) , mom inadvertently painted herself in a pretty unflattering way.
I'm for law enforcement on this one. That's what side of the fence I'm on. Should not be too hard to come up with charges for all. She was thrown into a lion's den and someone threw her there.

So also, if they B.B. and dv have a 1 year old together he was most definitely in the house when Maleah suffered her first abuse and investigation with CPS. Why did they CPS not include him? Do they interview family members, ex BB2 and ask if anyone else has been around? Did they ask those questions and get false information back? Did they Interview daycare to see if anyone else ever brings Maleah?

IF they had included him DV originally would things be different today? IF they had interviewed him would he have shown enough to keep them from getting kids returned? Was Maleah supposed to be with Aunt?

IMHO policies, procedures and methods of CPS investigations and case management need a THOROUGH review after this. TOO much blame to go around.

Last edited:
Maleah Davis: Stepdad allegedly caught on video with large garbage bag and bleach, as little girl remains missing for a week
[...]

“There is a video camera at the top of the stairway by one of their neighbors. And on that video camera, it captures the stepdad coming out of the apartment with a bottle of Clorox, a laundry basket, and inside the laundry basket, a garbage bag.”

[...]

Quanell said left the apartment and came back with another bottle of Clorox, although according to Maleah’s mother, Brittany Bowens, there was already bleach inside the home.

[...]

She is 30 pounds. I'm not saying she's in that basket, but I think she'd fit. Who puts laundry in a trash bag and THEN in a laundry basket? :( MOO

I know, I was curious if you thought she would fit. Weight wise yes, but her height made me question if she’s in it or not. Idk.....could be he had sheets, towels, etc. to get rid of.

Let’s not forget the spokesman said he told her he had cleaned the apartment with bleach and she’d know why.

They didn’t “just” discover that on video.

And he says she had not spoken to DV SINCE the day she arrived back I believe? So she’s known that for a solid week almost.

Regardless of what we think we know about the past, I have empathy for her coming to terms with this. Could be new information down the road changes that.

Feeling empathy is never wrong. But I'm not there with this mom. Little Maleah suffered multiple injuries under her care when she lived with that guy. Unless she inflicted those injuries herself she had to reasonably question whether he was responsible, especially in light of the concerns of the doctor and the actions of CPS.
That is, if she was able to put the needs and welfare of her kids above her own needs.

But she left her child in his care despite prior injuries, then failed to immediately alert authorities on Friday night when she landed and neither he nor her kids were there or could be located.

She possibly made a half-hearted attempt to file a missing person's report on her fiancé the next day, but she didn't include the kids in that half-hearted attempt, there were no calls to 911 about her missing children. No attempt to get the authorities involved in their disappearance. They weren't even mentioned.

It wasn't until the folllowing day, now at least 36 hours since she couldn't locate her kids, that she finally reported them as missing, along with her boyfriend. Maybe.

In another thread, a child was repeatedly tortured by mama's man who wore a wolf mask and burned her two year old, shot her with pellets to wake her up, shocked her, etc.

Despite the extensive abuse, mama took the child to the doctor to treat what the mother apparently velieved was ringworm. It wasn't. It was burn marks from a shocker the monster used on this baby.

The mother must not have realized that those were burn marks or she wouldn't take the child for treatment of ringworm.

There is not one expression of empathy for her on that thread. She is judged for what she should have known, at the least.

But she also didn't appear before cameras and cry for her child. Maybe that makes the difference?

A reporters asked BB "When was the last time you spoke to your little girl?"

BB didn't answer the question. Instead she buried her face in QX's shoulder and let him answer for her. QX: "Listen, listen. Mom is not perfect..."

That is not an acceptable answer to the reporter's question of when was the last time she spoke to her little girl. If BB called home while she was in MA, and if BB had spoken to Maleah, it would be easy enough to say so. I'm wondering if evidence will surface that BB didn't even call home while she was out of town - IMO. Otherwise, why answer that question with "Mom is not perfect"?

So here you have it. She absolutely knew he was abusing Maleah. And she left the child with him anyhow.

I find her reactions theatrical. It's not moving me.

It seems M would not fit in that laundry basket. What do you think?
Wonder if there’s more footage of him carrying her out, maybe in a car seat?
He doesn’t look too disheveled entering the hospital, considering his previous 24 hours, jmo. I look worse when I wake up.

My dog was 30lbs. She laid in a similar laundry basket easily with plenty of room left. I know M is certainly definitely nothing like a dog. But, I think she would fit in there. She was likely smushed into the bag, too. (I want to punch someone in the face just because I had to type that, btw.:mad:) I just hope they find that sweet little girl. She deserves a proper burial and resting place, at the very least. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro