Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leaning that way, myself. It doesn't make sense to me that if he is disposing of towels and clean-up stuff, that he would put the trash bag in a laundry hamper. Why not just take the trash bag out? Why the hamper? MOO
When I go to the laundromat, I put dirty clothes in a garbage bag and then take a laundry basket for the folded clean clothes.

Of course the alarm went off. I see a pattern here of mom lying (saying the no contact order wasn't true) and covering up (not disclosing the truth about DV). IMO, she would protect her relationship with DV, at all costs. She is officially one of those moms we hear about over and over.

Imo, she covered up for DV concerning the head injury.

If she’s fund raising she might be reluctant to state the truth about the no contact order, imo.

Last edited:
I'm still trying to catch up but, if her goal is to make herself look like she's innocent, she's doing a garbage job of it. In fact, she looks worse now than she did before this news broke. And if anyone advised her this was a good idea, that person is a blazing idiot on wheels. So... you know, moo.

I think she's just trying to get ahead of the news she knows was going to come out. And possibly worse.

Mother of Maleah Davis blames girl’s stepfather for disappearance
The mother of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis is blaming her common-law husband for the girl’s disappearance, alleging he might have retaliated after a fight and accusing him of past abuse.

Community activist Quanell X dropped the accusations on Friday, speaking on behalf of Maleah’s mother Brittany Bowens. He said Bowens has seen a surveillance video that apparently shows the girl’s stepfather walking out of his apartment with bleach, a laundry container and a black bag she believes contained the girl’s body.

[...]

Houston Police Department officials declined to comment on what evidence they might have, or corroborate whether Bowens was meeting with HPD officers Friday to discuss the video, which a neighbor apparently caught from their home.

Stepfather Darion Vence hasn’t been found since he reported Maleah’s disappearance, police said Thursday. They were “actively searching” for him but didn’t know if he was missing. They’ve said they don’t consider him a suspect or person of interest in the case.

[...]

In the video, Vence was seen the morning after Bowens went to Massachusetts for her father’s funeral carrying two bottles of bleach, a large laundry container and a black bag stuffed inside, Quanell X said.

Bowens believes that Maleah’s disappearance was triggered by a confrontation she had with Vence the day before her trip, Quanell X said. She asked Vence about nude photos he allegedly sent to another person, and he “snapped.”

He took it out on Maleah, possibly because of indications that he physically and sexually abused the girl, who has special needs, Quanell X said. She described severe bruising on the little girl’s leg on at least one occasion, as well as suspicions she had been molested.

[...]
S Suspicious bruises but does nothing. But dirt pics sent to someone else sets of a big ruckus.
SMH.

Hmmm...
Locked out -- but her kids stayed with him ?
And she didn't put up a fight about this ?
I was speculating because when she arrived home from the airport she sleep at her mom's and wasn't concerned enough to contact LE about her children... he failed to pick her up, not answering her calls, not at the apartment etc...so it might happen often. Also, the kids were living with BB2 for awhile as well, who knows how many times she sleep over moms house. MOO

Last edited:
I felt the same way. Someone pointed out it was odd she showed up like that at the car. I did too, frankly. Especially her very dramatic falling on the ground stuff and pretending to vomit.

In retrospect we can definitely see what an act it was. The woman never reported her medically fragile child missing, really and knew her boyfriend was abusing her child.

I still don’t think it was an act. Fake vomiting? You can still feel grief for your missing child and have hope she’s ok and not deceased, but yes, also she has done nothing to help Maleahs situation which I firmly believe because she’s ignorant basically. maybe she’s freaking realizing what a mother she’s been too

(Ignorant in its definition and not calling names)

I should have added "failed to act or covered it up".

I will never forget the horrific case of darling little Emma Thompson. Her nurse mother allowed her violent new man (extensive DV history), to be alone with her child. Her ththee year old child ended up with a mouth full of herpes, and not the cold sore kind. But much like here, CPS couldn't absolutely prove she had been abused and/or who did it.

Next, child "somehow" sustains a fractured skull. Does her nurse mother take her to the ER? Nope. He superglued the fracture together.

Eventually, of course, this beautiful little princess dies of abdominal blunt force trauma. She died in agony.

Her little body is also found with vaginal tearing, fractured ribs and 80 bruises.

Couple charged in child's death in Spring

Mama got 20 years. Her knees buckled at the sentence. Unlike in this case, however, she didn't even pretend to have buckling knees at the news of her daughter's death.

Mom's knees buckle as she gets max in daughter's death: 20 years
Thanks for this! With today's activities, I think BB moved toward more severe accountability....

Hmmm...
Locked out -- but her kids stayed with him ?
And she didn't put up a fight about this ?
That's one of the things I've had trouble with. I would be freaking out and calling the police. BB and BB2 must have driven to the apartment that night and then looked for the car. As soon as they saw the car wasn't there, relatives, hospitals, and LE should have been called. Now with today's new information of her knowing what he has done to her in the past, 911 should have been the first call.

Here's a little bit. No criminal history.

Derion Vence: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
  1. His name was spelled Darion on SM, but is actually spelled Derion
  2. Derion also goes by the name Slim Vence
  3. Derion has no criminal record
  4. Derion and BB are the parents of the toddler child who was with DV and Maleah on Friday night
  5. Derion and BB have been together for several years and live together
  6. Derion works in the music industry
  7. His Linkedin profiles shows he has worked at a Houston hotel
  8. Derion is originally from St. Louis MO
  9. He has a company called Superhouse Entertainment LLC according to his FB page (now deleted)
  10. BB says DV is now staying with his brother

Try the 7 year old! Lol

Thank you. I know, I don't want it to be her either. :(

So do we think he took the hamper to the car, or did he head to the apartment dumpster? What's their address again?

Here's a little bit. No criminal history.

Derion Vence: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
  1. His name was spelled Darion on SM, but is actually spelled Derion
  2. Derion also goes by the name Slim Vence
  3. Derion has no criminal record
  4. Derion and BB are the parents of the toddler child who was with DV and Maleah on Friday night
  5. Derion and BB have been together for several years and live together
  6. Derion works in the music industry
  7. His Linkedin profiles shows he has worked at a Houston hotel
  8. Derion is originally from St. Louis MO
  9. He has a company called Superhouse Entertainment LLC according to his FB page (now deleted)
  10. BB says DV is now staying with his brother

Try the 7 year old! Lol

Thank you. I know, I don't want it to be her either. :(

If you’re saving your list, you might wanna add his current/last job. And maybe “wanted fugitive”.

I think he’s just weird. Prob has some other habits I won’t theorize on.
As we know, some couples get together only because one party is needy. Maybe jobless, homeless or flat broke. There’s always women readily available to take down on their luck men in, incorporating them into their household, knowing little about them in my opinion.

What is lost in all of this is that the man in the video has vanished, apparently. And I doubt that anyone is going to help him at this point. Does he have a vehicle? Are police able to monitor his purchases? Track his phone?
Very good questions....IMO, release of the pics today, were intended to flush out others. "Look what we have....you better tell what you know before we come get you."

Hi, I hardly ever comment, but I was just on the Fox 26 Facebook post about the video with the laundry basket and someone indicated that if you zoom in to the upper righthand corner of the basket there is (what I truly, seriously hope is just a photo artifact) something that has the possible appearance of a face. I'm sitting here horrified and hoping they are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018