Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect we will see LE locate Maleah's remains this evening. DV doesn't strike me as a tough guy or a G so my bet is, he is singing like a canary. I am also betting there will be a self serving story about how she just died, for no known reason and in light of previous abuse allegations and CPS involvement he "panicked" and dumped her body knowing his poor innocent misunderstood behind would get blamed. Curious tho how he will work all that clorox cleanup into that narrative . . .

I think he'll try and blame BB, admitting to the clean up, but not the actual murder. I also think he will tell them she died prior to BB leaving for her trip.

Glad to see an arrest, but heartbreaking at the same time.

DV and BB have reminded me of AJ’s “parents” the way they have kept their distance from each other. The behavior makes me think BB knows a lot more than she’s letting on.

Here it all comes the article is slowly being updated as reporter gets more info.

A law enforcement source also tells Eyewitness News that Maleah was last seen alive on surveillance video in her family's apartment complex on April 30, the same day her mother left for a funeral. Cameras captured Vence bringing her back into their family apartment that morning.

Following that morning, investigators say he was never seen with her.

Ex-fiance of missing girl's mom in custody, charged with evidence tampering: Source

He had all that time to get rid of evidence. That poor little brother being there, what did he witness? Did Vence hide the body right away or on Friday? If not right away was it in the car until hidden/dumped? I hope LE got lots of evidence from car and apartment.
Oh God...:(

Will they take the DP off the table in exchange for disclosing her whereabouts? That happens so often but I hope not in this case.

I think we’re going to have to see where this rolls into. He might not be the brightest, usually someone smart will know to exchange a barter. My whole problem with this is the moms stunt yesterday. If he saw that or an attorney did who will represent him they might counteract on her somehow, or what she did might have ruined alot and might be inadmissible since it was publicly announced without first being documented and and he might end up not getting the sentences he deserves due to her stunt.

So she was still seen after mother went to airport? Wish we knew the exact times of the flight and the CC footage showing Maleah alive.
How in the world can he be charged with tampering with evidence: her corpse if they don’t have the proof she is deceased? Not that we don’t know the outcome of course, but I’m just confused. Thought they’d get him on 10 other things first before they could get that far... moo!
Sounds like he just hunkered down to endure the storm and got pulled out of his hidey-hole, thank goodness!!!!

in scouring for more updates on DV and charges I happened on the 911 call of the woman who found the Altima. Poor gal, I can only imagine how upset she was. I probably wouldn't have approached the car either.

A law enforcement source also tells Eyewitness News that Maleah was last seen alive on surveillance video in her family's apartment complex on April 30, the same day her mother left for a funeral. Cameras captured Vence bringing her back into their family apartment that morning.

Following that morning, investigators say he was never seen with her.

On May 3, cameras captured Vence leaving the apartment with his 1-year-old son, a laundry basket, and a black trash bag inside.

Ex-fiance of missing girl's mom in custody, charged with evidence tampering: Source

Ok, now we know she was last seen alive April 30, but what time? And when did mom leave to fly to MA?

I think he'll try and blame BB, admitting to the clean up, but not the actual murder. I also think he will tell them she died prior to BB leaving for her trip.

If nothing else, the whole thing with QX and BB set a perfect stage for 'he said, she said'. I sure hope LE have their evidence nailed down, or are working on it. Locking DV up is a good step in the right direction for that, IMO.

So she was still seen after mother went to airport? Wish we knew the exact times of the flight and the CC footage showing Maleah alive.
How in the world can he be charged with tampering with evidence: her corpse if they don’t have the proof she is deceased? Not that we don’t know the outcome of course, but I’m just confused. Thought they’d get him on 10 other things first before they could get that far... moo!
Sounds like he just hunkered down to endure the storm and got pulled out of his hidey-hole, thank goodness!!!!

We don't know what type of evidence they've recovered from the apt, car, cell phones, or surrounding areas.

Jason Miles on Twitter
.. I shared pic yesterday that #MaleahDavis’s mom claimed shows Vence removing cleaning supplies and a garbage bag in a laundry basket from their apartment. Vence was taken into custody this afternoon at brother’s home in Sugar Land. @KHOU #khou11 #htownrush
D6UWOj8WAAEtxwe.jpg
D6UWOk_WwAIDKk8.jpg

4:56 PM - 11 May 2019 from Houston, TX

Stepfather of Maleah Davis arrested, charged with tampering with evidence
The Gulf Coast Violent Offenders and Fugitives Task Force arrested Darion Vence around 2:40 p.m.

If nothing else, the whole thing with QX and BB set a perfect stage for 'he said, she said'. I sure hope LE have their evidence nailed down, or are working on it. Locking DV up is a good step in the right direction for that, IMO.
My guess, after the stunt yesterday he will be happy to clear up details....motivated to talk, as they say.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member