Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noting, from the article:

Darion Vence, the man who authorities say was the last person to see missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis, has been charged with tampering with evidence in the disappearance, a law enforcement source tells ABC13.

The Gulf Coast Violent Offenders and Fugitives Task Force confirmed Vence was taken into custody Saturday.

Texas EquuSearch volunteers have been looking for Maleah since the story of her abduction as told to police by Vence.

[...]

The important thing is they found DV and have him in custody.

Its one step closer to finding out what happened to Maleah and if she is no longer alive, where her remains are.

This innocent little girl deserves to be laid to rest with the love and dignity she was denied in life -- if she is indeed deceased, which all evidence points to.

moo

Last edited:
Just evidence tampering huh? Sounds like they think he might have been just cleaning up for someone else.

Or perhaps this is the only charge they have sufficient evidence on so far in order to bring him in.

If he never filed a complaint regarding the alleged kidnapping, they can't charge him with filing a false police report. Or maybe he's sufficiently recovered his memory and can sit with a sketch artist for sketches of his "abductors".

The important thing is they found DV and have him in custody.

Its one step closer to finding out what happened to Maleah and if she is no longer alive, where her remains are.

This innocent little girl deserves to be laid to rest with the love and dignity she was denied in life, if she is indeed deceased, which all evidence points to.

moo
Yes, indeed. Tell us where she is, DV. :mad:

Per QX:

"It was out of fear and out of being threatened by Mr. Darion that she covered up physical abuse of Maleah that the stepfather was doing,” the activist said.

“For some reason, she was unwilling to tell everything she knew about him.

And I think the mother has a twisted love for the man.”

Mother of Maleah Davis blames girl’s stepfather for disappearance

So was the reason that she was threatened by him, an unknown reason, or a twisted love for him?

I've never seen any reports, unless I've missed it somewhere, that DV has abused BB. In the beginning, it was, like that old country song, by Tammy Wynette; Stand By Your Man.

Hi! First post but I've been following since the beginning. Maybe they've confirmed that he moved the car?! That would be evidence tampering, wouldn't it?
Also, I believe the pants he is wearing in the laundry basket pic may be red (to me, they had a red tint in one pic I saw), and that is why the white stripe has tint to it.

Hi! First post but I've been following since the beginning. Maybe they've confirmed that he moved the car?! That would be evidence tampering, wouldn't it?
Also, I believe the pants he is wearing in the laundry basket pic may be red (to me, they had a red tint in one pic I saw), and that is why the white stripe has tint to it.
Welcome to Websleuths, creativitylost! Thanks for joining us. :)

Is evidence tampering enough to hold him for a while?
Tampering with Evidence Charges in Texas

Making A Bad Situation Worse
Tampering with evidence can convert a simple misdemeanor into a major felony, turning a small fine case into serious prison time. Oftentimes people don't even know that their actions can bring about this charge, and in many cases even seemingly innocent actions can bring about tampering with evidence charges. Just some of the situations that can result in tampering with evidence charges are:

• Swallowing illegal substances (a little bit of marijuana) to avoid arrest
  • Hiding a weapon used in the commission of a crime
  • Shredding a subpoena
  • Erasing computer files or discarding a device (cell phone) being sought as evidence
In order to keep a misdemeanor from turning into a felony and to protect yourself if your actions may result in tampering with evidence charges, it is incredibly important to have a seasoned criminal defense attorney on your side.

ETA: posted prior to “corpse” added to charges against DV

Article has been updated to include:

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Darion Vence, the man who authorities say was the last person to see missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis, has been charged with tampering with evidence, namely a corpse, in the disappearance, a law enforcement source tells ABC13.

The Gulf Coast Violent Offenders and Fugitives Task Force confirmed Vence was taken into custody Saturday.

While the charge states "tampering with evidence, namely a corpse," law enforcement officials have not yet confirmed whether the girl died.
BBM

Last edited:
He was still in Sugar Land

Syan Rhodes on Twitter
BREAKING: Derion Vence, ex-fiance of Maleah Davis' mother, arrested in Sugar Land, according the Gulf Coast Violent Offenders Taskforce who says they assisted HPD in serving arrest warrant. @KPRC2
4:33 PM - 11 May 2019

Ex-fiance of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis' mother arrested in Sugar Land, officials say

IMO, police knew exactly where he was the entire time, just didn’t think he needed to know they knew.

I suspect we will see LE locate Maleah's remains this evening. DV doesn't strike me as a tough guy or a G so my bet is, he is singing like a canary. I am also betting there will be a self serving story about how she just died, for no known reason and in light of previous abuse allegations and CPS involvement he "panicked" and dumped her body knowing his poor innocent misunderstood behind would get blamed. Curious tho how he will work all that clorox cleanup into that narrative . . .

CH at KHOU reported that the CPS documentation indicated the judge who returned Maleah and siblings to BB to whatever degree despite BB2's protest is Judge Gloria Lopez.
Thank You. She just got elected to the bench,her term last till 2022.
OPINION For the 308th Family District Court: Gloria Lopez
Wow. She's Hell-bent on keeping children with abusive family. Reunification is main goal. Not the safety,and best interest of the child.
God Help any children she presides over.
MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members