Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was still in Sugar Land

Syan Rhodes on Twitter
BREAKING: Derion Vence, ex-fiance of Maleah Davis' mother, arrested in Sugar Land, according the Gulf Coast Violent Offenders Taskforce who says they assisted HPD in serving arrest warrant. @KPRC2
4:33 PM - 11 May 2019

Ex-fiance of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis' mother arrested in Sugar Land, officials say

Not surprised. IMO he's been too cowardly to face anyone this past week except whoever he's been holed up with. Pfft.

If he never filed a complaint regarding the alleged kidnapping, they can't charge him with filing a false police report. Or maybe he's sufficiently recovered his memory and can sit with a sketch artist for sketches of his "abductors".
Emph. mine

Yessss, riiiight. Those 'kidnappers' that he drove around with for nearly 24 hours.
Maybe they should put him in a cell with only hispanic men and wait it out until he's begging to 'talk' ??
We can dream....

I still think there should be two arrests... but I'll take this one at least .

Poor little Maleah. Jhessye Shockley keeps coming to mind. That case consumed many of us. Such beautiful little girls . . .

sigh, I hope LE is building a solid case, DV and anyone who assisted or helped cover up what was done to Maleah needs to be prosecuted to the fullest.

Poor little Maleah. Jhessye Shockley keeps coming to mind. That case consumed many of us. Such beautiful little girls . . .

sigh, I hope LE is building a solid case, DV and anyone who assisted or helped cover up what was done to Maleah needs to be prosecuted to the fullest.

I’m wondering who had the car. You would think they would’ve been following him this whole time, but maybe not. I’m not sure.

Emph. mine

Yessss, riiiight. Those 'kidnappers' that he drove around with for nearly 24 hours.
Maybe they should put him in a cell with only hispanic men and wait it out until he's begging to 'talk' ??
We can dream....

I still think there should be two arrests... but I'll take this one at least .

This is a start, but I think the number should be higher, because I'm afraid more people knew what was going on and chose to do nothing and let it continue. MOO.

I’m in the same boat as you @MsBetsy
I’m just seeing difference ONLY on the fact her face is front and center and is not hiding as we see with usually guilty parties (JMO)
I do believe her grief is real but I think part is in the fact for herself. Gah. I always try to see the good in people. I’ve been around this site for years and I guess I should know better.

I’m going to try and center my sympathy from here on out for Maleah. She’s the one that needs our thoughts and love. Not these awful negligent “parents”. She has grief for the loss of her child. Fine. But the truth is she did leave her with a man she suspected of molesting her daughter; her own words. And KNEW he beat her.
I keep repeating this to myself :(

BBM
I understand. I never want to believe it to be the persons closest to the family, or family, that could do horrible things to family members, S/Os, and their children. I can still have feelings for the victim, and want the suspect(s) caught, and put away though. I'm a show me person. At this point, I think I've seen enough in this case, that either Mom knew, or she didn't want to know. Either way, she covered for him, over the benefit of her blood, her little four year old girl, for almost a week, and then tells who? QX. She no longer has any sympathy from me. Blood comes first. Your ex fiance {eye roll} shouldn't even be in the running.

Stepdad of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis in custody

HOUSTON — The stepfather of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis is in custody, KHOU 11 News confirms.

The Gulf Coast Violent Offenders and Fugitives Task Force arrested Darion Vence around 3 p.m.

A law enforcement source tells us Vence is charge with tampering with evidence, namely a corpse.

Vence is the last known person to see Maleah and recent video shared by a neighbor with police shows him with bottles of Clorox and a garbage bag before Maleah was reported missing.

Maleah's mother, who had been engaged to Vence, previously threatened to break up with Vence because of infidelity allegations, according to local activist Quanell X, who appeared with the mother in front of reporters Friday.

Here it all comes the article is slowly being updated as reporter gets more info.

A law enforcement source also tells Eyewitness News that Maleah was last seen alive on surveillance video in her family's apartment complex on April 30, the same day her mother left for a funeral. Cameras captured Vence bringing her back into their family apartment that morning.

Following that morning, investigators say he was never seen with her.

Ex-fiance of missing girl's mom in custody, charged with evidence tampering: Source

He had all that time to get rid of evidence. That poor little brother being there, what did he witness? Did Vence hide the body right away or on Friday? If not right away was it in the car until hidden/dumped? I hope LE got lots of evidence from car and apartment.

There was always a small kernel of hope in my mind for Maleah
That someone had her safe, and was maybe just concealing her from adults who were abusing her ; or something like that.
Now hope is pretty much gone.
Tears ... for a little girl who deserved better.
I think she has her angel wings. Don't know when this happened. But I think she free now. :(

A law enforcement source also tells Eyewitness News that Maleah was last seen alive on surveillance video in her family's apartment complex on April 30, the same day her mother left for a funeral. Cameras captured Vence bringing her back into their family apartment that morning.

On May 3, cameras captured Vence leaving the apartment with his 1-year-old son, a laundry basket, and a black trash bag inside.

Ex-fiance of missing girl's mom in custody, charged with evidence tampering: Source

Here it all comes the article is slowly being updated as reporter gets more info.

He had all that time to get rid of evidence. That poor little brother being there, what did he witness? Did Vence hide the body right away or on Friday? If not right away was it in the car until hidden/dumped? I hope LE got lots of evidence from car and apartment.

... yup. Had a feeling re: no one saw Maleah after BB left...

Snipped for brevity.

Thanks tlcya for the link.
Now we know for sure when she was alive !
So many things I could say , but need to sit on my hands for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
womackian