Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had access to some sterile fluids, you can inject some fluid under the skin and achieve a swelling like that. It would heal in a couple of days without leaving a mark.

DV worked PharMEDium, a sterile drug compounding pharmacy in Sugar Land. He would have access to sterile fluids.
Interesting idea... MOO

HPD: Blood evidence linked to Maleah Davis found in stepfather's apartment
Blood evidence obtained from the apartment of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis' estranged stepfather has been linked to the girl, according to Houston police detectives.

[...]

HPD detectives say in addition to blood evidence linked to Maleah being found at the apartment, Vence was also seen carrying a laundry basket from the apartment.

Vence's silver Nissan Altima was recovered in Missouri City on Thursday.

The laundry basket was found in the trunk of the Nissan along with a gas can, according to HPD.

[...]
Oh no! :(

Ita.

Good points.
Also curious if BB was ever in their apartment after she returned from the trip ?
According to msm sources and BB2's words, no.
But do we know that for sure ?

And did DV and BB have any contact after she returned, that hasn't been revealed (by them), whether in person or texting/talking ?

As to BB accessing the apartment after her return, she was videotaped walked into it after the statement/presser yesterday with QX and in that statement I remember him making reference to how "we" (can't say for sure who "we" is) found stuff left by LE in the apartment that indicated they used luminol to test the rooms for blood evidence. So if he is to be believed, BB, himself and probably others have had access to the apartment since Maleah was reported missing and BB was back.

Ahh, yes. There are always some articles that get it wrong. That's why I really appreciate the excellent timelines people post here!

I do too. But, CBS and everyone I read were correcting the timeline saying “Police said it was May 5” so I kindve took their word since it was just a couple hours ago.

KHOU 11 News Houston on Twitter
UPDATED TIMELINE: Now reported missing for more than a week, the timeline in the disappearance of Maleah Davis, 4, has been updated now that her stepfather Derion Vence has been arrested.
7:45 PM - 11 May 2019

Where is Maleah Davis? Timeline in the disappearance of 4-year-old Houston girl
[...]

SATURDAY, 4:35 p.m: The Gulf Coast Violent Offenders and Fugitives Task Force arrested Derion Vence around 2:40 p.m. in Sugar Land on charges of evidence tampering. HPD detectives say in addition to blood evidence linked to Maleah being found at the apartment, Vence was also seen carrying a laundry basket from the apartment.

FRIDAY, 2:15 p.m. Local activist Quanell X made explosive new claims on behalf of Maleah's mother, Brittany Bowens, about Maleah's stepfather, Derion Vence. Quanell said Vence was seen on a neighbor's security camera with bottles of Clorox and a garbage bag before Maleah was reported missing.

Quanell said Bowens previously threatened to break up with Vence because she found explicit pictures he sent to another man.

[...]

Also curious if BB was ever in their apartment after she returned from the trip ?

KPRC video from yesterday showed her and QX returning to the apartment after QX's "statement." Pages back.... MOO

Was it not reported BB had a maintenance man let her in the apartment? Maybe on Sunday after she made a police report? Idk if article still stands.....

Shout out to the reporter who doesn't give DV the undeserved title of "step-father!" :)

Yes! I’ve been asking for this for days. There’s other apt things to call him!

I do too. But, CBS and everyone I read were correcting the timeline saying “Police said it was May 5” so I kindve took their word since it was just a couple hours ago.
Some of us were running with it at the beginning. So we knew it wasn't Sunday, because we were reading about on the day that it happened...if you get my drift.

The person he was staying with was known. IMO, there’s a chance he went to LE. It was best for LE to know where DV was & that he was still local. Even the fact they claim they reached out to him means little. If they called his bro, his bro could not make him talk. Jmo
Iirc his mom has custody of the toddler so there must be some cooperation between family/LE.

Now that you say that when the sheriff was doing the press conference about the car being found, IMO he didn't really act concerned about his whereabouts. Maybe they have been in contact with his brother.

BB allegedly made two trips to MA -- one trip prior to his death, and 2nd for funeral.
Except that QX specifically referred to the fight over the breakup. He said:

"On the day that Brittany left to be with her sick father -- her dying father -- to be with family, there was a huge fight between her and him," Quanell said. "He was hurt, he was angry, he was upset."

So it doesn't sound like he was talking about an earlier trip. IMO he's more interested in his 15 minutes than BB or Maleah. MOO.

Oh, you’ll find it is most common for conflicting reports.
Even in your local area it might happen. It does where I’m at, three dif’stations, three dif’ results.
I think the confusion is partly due to the nearness of the midnight hour. Moo

If you had access to some sterile fluids, you can inject some fluid under the skin and achieve a swelling like that. It would heal in a couple of days without leaving a mark.

DV worked PharMEDium, a sterile drug compounding pharmacy in Sugar Land. He would have access to sterile fluids.

Maleah Davis Update: Stepfather in Custody, Charged with Tampering with a Corpse

interesting, I missed his place of employment. Is that covered in the press or by sleuthing? That head wound did look odd. both the fresh appearing scraping and no bruising (which I would think would be beginning to show after almost 24 hours from being "hit over the head") That is one reason I was speculating early on that he had walked from where car was found and on the way rammed his own noggin into a concrete wall or something. That head wound looked off and in no way matched the story he was telling.

Oh, you’ll find it is most common for conflicting reports.
Even in your local area it might happen. It does where I’m at, three dif’stations, three dif’ results.
I think the confusion is partly due to the nearness of the midnight hour. Moo
They say the same thing about the midnight hour in the emergency room too....lol

Was it not reported BB had a maintenance man let her in the apartment? Maybe on Sunday after she made a police report? Idk if article still stands.....

Yes! I’ve been asking for this for days. There’s other apt things to call him!
BB2 said they called the apts Saturday (morning?) about 4 times and couldn't get anyone to let them in. When she came across a police officer in the parking lot, she went to/called (can't remember which) the office and told them that the police officer wanted in and someone from the apartments finally responded to that.
KHOU 11 News Houston @KHOU

Except that QX specifically referred to the fight over the breakup. He said:

"On the day that Brittany left to be with her sick father -- her dying father -- to be with family, there was a huge fight between her and him," Quanell said. "He was hurt, he was angry, he was upset."

So it doesn't sound like he was talking about an earlier trip. IMO he's more interested in his 15 minutes than BB or Maleah. MOO.
I think QX got a couple of things wrong - that was one of them. MOO

He was charged with tampering with evidence. Police spokesman Kese Smith declined to give more detail on the charge.

"His story turned out not to be the case, including the fact that there was that blood evidence in the apartment linked to Maleah," Smith said.

Asked if police believe Vence killed Maleah, Smith said: "At this point in time those are the charges we have filed and I can't say any more than that."

He said authorities have not found the girl and the investigation is continuing.

Man who reported girl missing arrested in her disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member