Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this video link and how much I can comment without bringing attention..... not a single tear...

Maleah Davis' mother makes plea for help in search for daughter
Actually there was quite an obvious tear that ran down her cheek. At the end she said she was too overwhelmed and couldn't do it anymore. I don't think I could either if I was in that situation.
I don't know how much we can comment either, but we really shouldn't say there was not a single tear when it's not accurate! Jmo

They probably didn't all go because of the cost of airline tix. Taking 3 children along would have added hundreds of dollars to the trip.

I want to know who last saw that poor sweet girl too. Besides her stepdad.
Her grandmother said she saw her on Monday, when BB came to do her laundry before leaving for the funeral on Tuesday.

Since the children we under watch by CPS, she probably wasn’t allowed to take them out of the State. Apparently BB’s parents were living separate lives, her father in CT and mother in Louisiana/Texas. It’s likely the children never even met their grandfather.

Also with Maleah’s brain surgeries it could be unsafe for her to fly anywhere.

This little girl is removed from the home by CPS along with her siblings due to her TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY. She’s returned to the home with monitored supervision and now she’s MISSING. Sigh. :(
I was trying to give benefit of the doubt here, but just NO.

I hope they locate/recover Maleah today.

........and holding my tongue on everything else while "things" play out, other than to say I am not the least bit surprised to learn that CPS has prior involvement with the children/family.

I can tell you this much: there’s no traumatic brain injury that’s so severe that it makes you unconscious yet able to take care of a toddler for 24 hours!
If there is some truth to DV’s story, what he describes as being unconscious for 24 hours could be that he was in shock and only remembers bits of what happened.

My Mom died recently. I remember the phone call at 8:15 am and remember arriving at her house at 11 pm that night. I don’t remember much those 15 hours in between, when apparently I did some laundry, packed 2 suitcases, loaded the car and drove for 12 hours to get there. Shock is a very strange thing, first time I ever experienced it.

I wonder why it is that some cases make you jump up angry and yell at the parents and the system and then other similar cases you soooo want to give them the benefit of the doubt.
She was crying tons- I saw streams and drops falling out of her eyes and tears made it down to her neck, and talk about all the snot you could hear in her nose... that mom was crushed and in no way ready to make a statement on camera..
Then you see photos of doting parents enjoying activities with their kids...
<modsnip> Hope this wraps up quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Texas EquuSearch joins HPD search for girl, 4, reported kidnapped

“The child and her family were the subject of a CPS investigation because of a head injury that prompted the surgeries, officials said. The girl and her siblings, two boys who were then 5 and 1, were taken into state custody in August after a report was made that the injury was sustained from "possible physical abuse," CPS spokeswoman Tiffani Butler said.

The children were placed into the care of a relative until a judge in February ordered that they be returned and periodically monitored by CPS caseworkers.

"CPS still has custody," Butler said. "We were going to the home at least once a month."”

Perhaps DV has a truck himself very similar to the kidnappers- that’s how he knew the year. And he took BB’s car to the airport because the car seats were in her car and had room for BB and her luggage. JMO

Lindsey Henry FOX 26‏Verified account @LindseyFOX26

Texas Eqqusearch volunteers have started to show up to continue their search for Maleah Davis, 4, who went missing on Friday. They are looking in the area where her dad reported she went missing at Greens Rd. & 59. @FOX26Houston

D591nSkX4AIRZy_.jpg

Lindsey Henry FOX 26 on Twitter

I’m thinking most people with a twitter account and post on it have an active cell phone that they use on a regular basis.
MOO

Maybe he was using free wifi?
Some people have a phone the has no phone service for calling but have the device for free wifi. So they would not have a phone number to ping or call. I always say so an so has no phone when really they do but it is not used like one.

Really having a hard time making any sense of this man's story..

so he and his 1 yo child were just dumped on a busy highway and nobody saw this happen? he was just laying there knocked out as a 1 yo sat there beside him and patiently waited for his dad to wake up? AND NOBODY NOTICED THEM! really? i'd like to think there would have been many, many calls to 911. i call 100% BS.

Hope they find this precious girl soon.

MOO I think that the family and close friends have had enough time to soak this all in and are now going to start pressuring DV to tell the truth. I blame no one for giving a loved one the initial benefit of the doubt. I cannot imagine the shock involved here. But I think he’s gonna start getting some serious pressure from them. I hope they find her today. MOO

There is a possibility Maleah was not kidnapped FROM the family but kidnapped from CPS BY the ...... Maybe they were told by CPS that Maleah could not go out of state with the mother prompting some sort of scheme by somebody. Trying to be vague while dancing around TOS, but this is a scenario where Maleah is unharmed and that is all I want.
No inside knowledge, just opinions with fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm