Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a link

ABC13 Eyewitness News has learned the child was recently returned to her home after CPS removed her last August.

Missing 4-year-old girl removed last year by CPS: Officials
I believe a court action allowed monitored return of the children to BB in Feb 2019.

During monitored return to parent(s), I believe DFPS retains temp custody of the children for a period of about 180 days-- which in this case would be coming up now in May.

If DFPS not satisfied at end monitoring and/or 180 days, children can be removed again, usually for a longer period too.

I'm not feeling good about MD not being present with her family for the 180 day hearing. :(

MOO

Last edited:
If the car was stolen and the house key was with the car keys, how did step father get back into the house? Or how did the mother get into the house before he returned?
Reportedly, police in parking lot was instrumental in getting maintenance to let BB in her apartment on Saturday morning.

It's alleged that DV was abducted with the children on Friday night, and last seen when treated at the hospital Saturday around 11pm -- located less than a mile from his drop off location in Sugar Land.

To my knowledge, it's not known if step dad ever returned home after hospital treatment, or where he's currently staying.

MOO

If the car was stolen and the house key was with the car keys, how did step father get back into the house? Or how did the mother get into the house before he returned?

well, that part is confusing, just like the phone. If he got out of the car, to check the tires, he might have grabbed the keys and put them in his pocket. But then they wouldn't have been able to steal the car, so he would have had to give over the keys.

BUt the numbers of people he described dont make sense. He says there were 3 perps in the front seat of the truck, and he and the kids were in the back.

So who drove the Nissan away?

I think it is an apartment building ---so the manager could open the door for Mom the next morning.

Tom Koch‏Verified account @TomKochABC13

Where is this girl? The search resumes this morning for 4 year old Maleah Davis, but we’ve learned new details that CPS had taken her from her parents before. Join us now at @abc13houston for details #abc13

D59NWqlX4AAMfKX.jpg

Tom Koch on Twitter

We dont know that it had a flat tire. He said he heard a noise and wanted to look at the tires, and then supposedly the blue pick up pulled over...
Yes, that's what I was referring to. The reason he gave for pulling over was that he heard a popping noise, which would imply a tire blowout or something like that.
Apparently they still don't have the car so it can't be verified.
I'm just wondering how the car could have been stolen if there was a flat tire. Usually a popping noise indicates the tire has blown, which usually results in the tire being in pieces, and it is very difficult to drive on basically just the rim. Imo

I presumed this was the case. You don't need your own keys with you unless you will be getting a ride from someone who doesn't have them. Since she intended on getting a ride from him, she'd not need keys. My dad lost his on a trip once, that he didn't need to take them on.

It was never said he was ONLY hit in the forehead. It's totally possible that the forehead happened as he was resisting or moving. It'd just be the most visible injury.

I would call and pull over down the road, to ensure they got some help. I think most people would at least CALL... even if they only did so because they were afraid of the guy.

Yes. This is extremely common if the person has poor credit to start with. The places that finance people with bad credit do it commonly. I'm not sure how common it is for people with good credit.

Maleah was born February 6, 2015. She just turned 4.
Maleah's brother is a year or so older, he is 5.

Equusearch will search where LE tells them they want them to search. In this case they were called in fast by LE, so I'm fairly certain that's who's guiding their search.
I wonder why the mother said she will be five in a month, if she just turned four.
Could the birthday be wrong? I thought LE corrected her age as being four and that she will be five in a month? Or did he say she turned four last month? Imo

Last edited:
Maleah Davis, 4, had been removed from her Texas home after physical abuse allegations. Now she's missing - CNN

“In August 2018, Maleah and her brothers were placed with a relative following physical abuse allegations, stemming from a head injury she had, CPS said Monday night.”

I will be interested to find out what family member they were placed with, and how said family member felt about their return. My bets are on nana. MOO

MOO

I think my hinky meter has been correct all along.

CPS (Child Protection Service) needs an overhaul and new laws/regulations need to be put in place to protect children at risk.

How many times are we going to follow missing children cases where the child in question had been removed from a home for abuse only to be returned to the same home? These abusers DO NOT CHANGE. They may behave for a bit but ONCE AN ABUSER ALWAYS AN ABUSER.

I am sick to my stomach this morning. Absolutely sick.

MOO

well... i suppose best case scenario, mom could have taken her to massachusetts with her, to avoid this upcoming cps hearing, (and maleah being questioned about her injury), and she's safe with another relative in massachusetts. maybe they made up this story, which is why it's...duh...so unbelievable, not expecting it to go viral (due to every other day there being a new report about parents losing, hurting and killing their kids.) that's the most hopeful possibility i can come up with here, and i hope by now they've traced back over both mom and stepdad's footsteps for the last week. MOO.

there is much more to this, i believe (and i've read), but i'll put my fingers down until we can discuss.

hope maleah is found today. <3

I don’t think there’s any chance Maleah went to Mass with her mom. It would be impossible to get her on a plane without a ticket and LE would know if one was purchased for her. I so wish she was somewhere safe and warm and fed and loved, but we all know how unlikely that is. Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janeyd