Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know where the cell phone pings could lead... but DV doesn't have a phone.

Wonder what his own family and friends would say ?
As in; he had one, but lost it ?
Or someone stole it ?
Or he shared phones with BB since there are phone bills to pay and maybe having only one was cheaper ?

Still strikes me as unusual. Very few people walking around on this earth who don't have a phone. Js.
Also curious if any friends or fam. of DV have come forward to support him ?
Hopefully, the pings lead to Maleah and/or the car. Haven't heard from any of DV's friends or family, that I recall. MOO

'I just want to find my baby': Missing child's family makes public plea
Texas EquuSearch expanded its search for 4-year-old Maleah Davis on Monday night, turning to First Colony Mall in Sugar Land.

[...]

Earlier Monday, crews were seen searching near the Eastex Freeway and Greens Road.

[...]

"If there's anybody that can help me, please, please, I just want to find my baby. I just want to find her," Bowens said.

Maleah's grandmother, Brenda Bowens, made a similar plea.

After speaking, Brittany and Brenda Bowens split up to hand out flyers in the area.

I'd like to know where the cell phone pings could lead... but DV doesn't have a phone.

Wonder what his own family and friends would say ?
As in; he had one, but lost it ?
Or someone stole it ?
Or he shared phones with BB since there are phone bills to pay and maybe having only one was cheaper ?

Still strikes me as unusual. Very few people walking around on this earth who don't have a phone. Js.
Also curious if any friends or fam. of DV have come forward to support him ?
Cell phone probably inside the missing Altima.

MOO

Admin Note:

Just before you make a post that says "I saw on Joe or Jane Blow's FB page", please stop and ask yourself:

"Has LE officially named Joe or Jane Blow as a person of interest or a suspect in this case?"

If the answer is "No", don't post it !!

Doesn't matter if Susie says Joe was a lovely person or Sam says Jane worked at the bistro ... if it is not from an approved social media source, it is rumor and will be removed and there may be consequences.

As stated in The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc, you may post what you find on the social media account of a victim or an officially named perp, or an official Missing Person page, or a Law Enforcement page. ALL other social media pages are off limits unless previously approved by Tricia or Admin.

Aw, no new information really, but this is my favorite photo of Maleah. :)

Missing girl allegedly kidnapped by ‘three men in a truck’ was previously removed by social services after head injury abuse allegations
Maleah-Davis-photo-2-.jpg

[...]

“My spirit is broken. I feel so lost,” Maleah’s mother, Brittany Bowens, told ABC 13 Houston. “I can’t concentrate. I can’t focus. It’s just … it’s so overwhelming for me. It doesn’t seem real.”

The mother’s heartbreaking words were expressed while reports surfaced that Maleah and her two younger siblings were removed from the family home last year after allegations that the girl’s head injury happened due to physical abuse. The children were returned in February, according to the outlet.

During a Sunday afternoon press conference, Sargent Mark Holbrook with the Houston Police Department announced that 5-year-old Maleah Davis developed a traumatic brain injury that required numerous surgeries. He added that at the time, he didn’t have any information that pointed toward abuse.

[...]
Oh, ok, so the traumatic brain injury is just "alleged" to have happened as a result of phsyical abuse.
I'm assuming it was the professionals at the hospital who suspected this?
I wonder what led to that conclusion.

Was it ever reported what year the Nissan Altima was manufactured? I've seen the blue truck resembles a 2010 model but could the Nissan be tracked? Maybe I watch too many spy movies but isn't Big Brother in most vehicles these days for free? I guess LE would have found it by now.

Police: Man says 4-year-old stepdaughter abducted in Houston
[...]

Asked why Vence didn't call police sooner, Houston police department spokesman Kese Smith said he couldn't comment on whether he had a cellphone with him in the hours before he arrived at the hospital. The department is investigating "all aspects" of this case, Smith said.

[...]

This thread? Which kind in particular?
This case only has one thread and 30+ pages thus far.

And here's some more posts confirming DV not poi

Police searching for 5-year-old possibly taken by three men in north Houston

“Police do not consider Vence a suspect or person of interest in Maleah's disappearance.”

Interesting - in looking at 2011 Altima features my search results included an article about how some dealerships are putting tracking devices on financed cars to make the car easier to retrieve if loan goes into default. I learn something new every day.

It's possible they were with her car keys and DV had them. She was expecting him to pick her up at the airport. MOO

YES. I don't take my house keys out of state if my hubby is picking me up. Don't want to lose my keys and so I dont take them along.

I can understand why he might have them on the car key ring.

Clearly, I understand the focus is on finding the child. However, we are all attempting to get facts straight and that is one of them.

Additionally, I also recognize Facebook isn’t allowed here. So please refer to the article linked above with the fiancé term used. Stepfather implies longevity and fiancé does not. It also may explain why he did not know she was 4 and not 5.

I think, at the presser, w/LE, they stated that she was four, but would soon be five.

Hi, I don't post often, but there is so much going on with this case. Here's what I'm wondering about Sugar Land. How diverse is the neighborhood? Lets say that this whole story is legitimate. Would the people in the area have been likely to stop for a non-white male, with a head wound, who was probably dazed and frantic, even if there was a kid with him? I know many areas that people wouldn't. Its abnormal, which scares people. That could explain part of why it took 4 hours to get help.

I would have called 911 if he was waving his arms and needed help. I may not have stopped in the dark, and rolled down may window---but if I saw a man with a head wound, holding a baby, and obviously waving for attention, I'd call 911. I think others would have as well.

Besides that, there were lots of stores and restaurants that he walked past, in those 4 hours of walking down that busy road, with the mall on the corner. He could have walked into any store and yelled HELP, call 911---and someone would have called for him.

I’m waaaayy back on page 17. Quick question.....does anyone find it odd that stepdad was hit in the middle of his forehead? Someone wants something you have, and they hit you in the head to take it, are they going to hit you in the forehead?

Yes! They show that in the movies, and the victim just falls over. The forehead is not usually the best place to hit someone to knock them out. Takes more force. A haymaker to the side of the head, or a good upper cut, will though. Dude could have had an object in his hand (knucks maybe). Good size knot there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13